USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris (pt II)

Remove this Banner Ad

The democrats behaviour of late shows the opposite. They look like they are getting desperate.

Trump historically under polls. I think he wins easily.

What’s with his rally in California? Surely a waste of time as they won’t flip that state
Or he will call it rigged and announce victory at Midninght

If Trump wins by a close margin in electoral votes I do wonder about faithless electors, reckon there would be more than a few that would pledge to Harris, I know there were a couple who went faithless in 2016 and not pledge to Trump.

And also on the flip side, when I was on 538 a week ago the most likely electoral vote count was 270/268 Harris/Trump. All it takes is two swap from Harris to Trump and Trump wins (and vice versa). For the sake of the US whoever wins needs to win by plenty because any silly but completely constitutional flipping by electors may well start a civil war.

I do hope Harris wins but a small part of me kinda wants to see what happens if Trump is allowed a second term. Doubt he lives through the four years, Vance would be president at some point.
J6 came close

Pls help me out then. My understanding was that it was being suggested that there may be a significant number of people who will vote Dem but don't want to outwardly admit it.

That wasn't the point you made - you said people are more likely to admit they're anti-MAGA (so admitting they'll vote Dem) than not admit it (like wives of MAGA husbands who might be too scared to admit they're anti-MAGA).

Given the late switch to Harris, the Democrats look like a team with a plan. Last week it was a very deliberate media blitz trying to cover all bases in a very fractured media landscape. Now's the time a whole chunk of the electorate wake up and pay attention so expect a bigger advertising push.

Trump trying to back up a house candidate in California.
Which is very close,Trumps looking at senate races thus going there and NYC

That wasn't the point you made - you said people are more likely to admit they're anti-MAGA (so admitting they'll vote Dem) than not admit it (like wives of MAGA husbands who might be too scared to admit they're anti-MAGA).
Well my point is objectively correct then, check the discrepancies between polls vs result in the 2016 US election or the Brexit referendum. There is a clear trend showing which side are more hesitant to reveal their true opinion.

It’s a shame. I think he’s a breath of fresh air. Intelligent, articulate, will happily discuss any topic with anyone (even if they disagree with him) and welcomes any discussion points.

Brains, passion and ideas.
He’s quite libertarian. I think that’s not hugely popular with Republicans and showed in his Pres Campaign where he couldn’t crack through to 2nd place against a more generic candidate like Hayley and mini-MAGA Desanctimonious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well my point is objectively correct then, check the discrepancies between polls vs result in the 2016 US election or the Brexit referendum. There is a clear trend showing which side are more hesitant to reveal their true opinion.

Yeah, I'm gonna concede this one to you.

There are some who will pretend to be MAGA when they're in that environment, but as you note, the evidence is far more the other way.

I need to re-take Comprehension 101.

Vance / Ramaswamy combo pls.

Need some young people running the States. And need to make it a trend. No more POTUS's beyond their 60s(either whilst in elections or during office).

He’s quite libertarian. I think that’s not hugely popular with Republicans
Unfortunately it doesn't matter if it's popular with "Republicans" or the people in general, it matters if it's popular with kingmakers - Thiel (a self-described libertarian) on the right, Soros on the left.

If you want to narrow down the definition of democracy then thats just a semantic debate. A dictatorship is far worse then what the us is today. For both the citizens of the usa and us. Any study of history would show that as bad as the usa is governed today, most governments in history have been much worse.

If today is an existential nightmare then when in your view has the world not been one?

At no time.

Yet the means to do otherwise has been there for generations.

If you want to narrow down the definition of democracy then thats just a semantic debate. A dictatorship is far worse then what the us is today. For both the citizens of the usa and us. Any study of history would show that as bad as the usa is governed today, most governments in history have been much worse.

If today is an existential nightmare then when in your view has the world not been one?

Government, democracy, authoritarianism.....pick one.

Both irrelevant.

If I was living next door to you, would you require intervention of any kind?

I'd say not.

/peace.

/easy.

You all say you know how to live peacefully.....whether red/blue/white.....

So, why do you need a state or an otherwise (un)authorised body to tell you what you claim to already know?

Remove this Banner Ad

USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris (pt II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back