USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris (pt II)

Remove this Banner Ad

His insane support of Israel (to the point where he'd posted of support of Netanyahu while he was in a conflict with Obama at the time) is one issue. The murder thing is another pretty serious one - along with the story that his office had to pay nearly $300,000 to settle a sexual misconduct case against one of his senior aides after they initially tried to brush it under the table. And his working with Pennsylvania Republicans against state Democrats to cut funding to state schools and privatise a large amount of public schools is another.

Would've been an absolute mess of a pick.
So he's a DINO?

Trump will make things harder for consumers by raising goods prices but at the end of the day it's a choice between two right wing parties. No matter who wins, Americans won't get universal healthcare and foreign policy will remain the same.

Trump will make things harder for consumers by raising goods prices but at the end of the day it's a choice between two right wing parties. No matter who wins, Americans won't get universal healthcare and foreign policy will remain the same.
Surely you jest
Fp in mid east might be similar but
Trump will stop funding ukraine , giving putin easy victory , pull out of nato all hell in europe
Pull out of wto etc

Well, at least they'd give the GOP a lot more to think about. Right now Harris and Walz are so bland and flavourless that they make Almond Milk tasty by comparison. They need a spicy and sizzling Sanderstorm.
And I am pretty sure that the Progdems are gagged by the Coporatecrats.

I like Walz, the ticket would be better if he was leading it and pushing policies that he has passed as governor.

Why pretend that Kamala is the best the Dems have? Why worship her, when you know deep down, that there are better candidates, from the Dems POV, than her.

Instead of lashing out at your opposition how about some self reflection?

Who is pretending she is the best the Dems have? You’ve concocted a straw man, I think you are confusing this thread for CNN and MSNBC

Surely you jest
Fp in mid east might be similar but
Trump will stop funding ukraine , giving putin easy victory , pull out of nato all hell in europe
Pull out of wto etc
The Ukraine war needs to be wound up. Pouring weapons in there is just getting more people killed. I don't see Ukraine pushing Russia out of the Donbas or Crimea. Not to mention the minute chance that someone does something stupid, ginve we have nuclear powers facing off.

Trump thought he was being transactional with the nato threat. Told the Europeans it wasn't in America's interest to spend billions fund their defence against Russia, while they were paying billions to Russia for gas. Told them to stop buying gas from Russia and put sanctions on Nordtream2 among other sanctions. More of a liability than a Russian asset.

The Ukraine war needs to be wound up. Pouring weapons in there is just getting more people killed. I don't see Ukraine pushing Russia out of the Donbas or Crimea. Not to mention the minute chance that someone does something stupid, ginve we have nuclear powers facing off.

Trump thought he was being transactional with the nato threat. Told the Europeans it wasn't in America's interest to spend billions fund their defence against Russia, while they were paying billions to Russia for gas. Told them to stop buying gas from Russia and put sanctions on Nordtream2 among other sanctions. More of a liability than a Russian asset.
Trump will fix it up on first day and mid east too before he gets the military to round up pelosi , schiff , cohen , acosta ,maddox and chief

I posted before I think both sides are also waiting until the election. That will inform either side of their next move

I posted before I think both sides are also waiting until the election. That will inform either side of their next move
The US should have been working to get Ukraine and Russia around a negotiating table in 2022. If they're going to tout themselves as leaders of the free world, show some leadership that doesn't involve enriching the MIC.

And they can stop aiding the Gaza genocide while they're at it.

As an interesting sidelight there are 1m Ukranians in the US with 60,000 in Philadelphia - the state that is seen as the number 1 flip state for either side

Imagine most of those voting November 5. Who do you think will get their vote?
Just for the sake of clarity, I presume you mean there are 1m Americans from Ukrainian descent. Because if they're actually Ukrainian (ie not citizens) they don't get to vote for anyone.

Just for the sake of clarity, I presume you mean there are 1m Americans from Ukrainian descent. Because if they're actually Ukrainian (ie not citizens) they don't get to vote for anyone.
I dont know - I would assume a mix and some could also be citizens

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The US should have been working to get Ukraine and Russia around a negotiating table in 2022. If they're going to tout themselves as leaders of the free world, show some leadership that doesn't involve enriching the MIC.

And they can stop aiding the Gaza genocide while they're at it.
I thought that happened? From wiki

The first meeting was held four days after the start of the invasion, on 28 February 2022, in Belarus.

A second and third round of talks took place on 3 and 7 March 2022,[2][3] on the Belarus–Ukraine border, in an undisclosed location in the Gomel region of Belarus.[4] A fourth and fifth round of talks were respectively held on 10 and 14 March in Antalya, Turkey

Peace talks and the stability of international borders were further discussed in the Ukrainian parliament during the week of 9 May 2022. Following the 2022 Ukrainian eastern counteroffensive, Russia renewed calls for peace talks, with the sources from the Russian government reporting that Russia is not truly committed to peace and is simply stalling for time while its forces trained and replenished for a future advance

I dont know - I would assume a mix and some could also be citizens
I actually Googled it before I posted my previous post. Uncle Google told me there are, indeed, around 1m Americans of Ukrainian descent. That was why I framed my response in terms of "for clarity" before someone jumped in to point out that Ukrainians can't vote in the US election.

The first meeting was held four days after the start of the invasion, on 28 February 2022, in Belarus.

A second and third round of talks took place on 3 and 7 March 2022,[2][3] on the Belarus–Ukraine border, in an undisclosed location in the Gomel region of Belarus.[4] A fourth and fifth round of talks were respectively held on 10 and 14 March in Antalya, Turkey

Peace talks and the stability of international borders were further discussed in the Ukrainian parliament during the week of 9 May 2022. Following the 2022 Ukrainian eastern counteroffensive, Russia renewed calls for peace talks, with the sources from the Russian government reporting that Russia is not truly committed to peace and is simply stalling for time while its forces trained and replenished for a future advance

Where has the US pushed for peace? The UK reportedly advocated against peace and like us they do nothing without the US' say so.

I've stopped believing anyone. The ABC breathlessly told me that Russia had blown up its own gas pipeline and were shelling a nuclear facility they are occupying.

Where has the US pushed for peace? The UK reportedly advocated against peace and like us they do nothing without the US' say so.

I've stopped believing anyone. The ABC breathlessly told me that Russia had blown up its own gas pipeline and were shelling a nuclear facility they are occupying.
Why should the US step on existing negotiations?

Because the MIC always need an enemy to make sales? The US is the the major global power by a fair way. If they threw their weight behind peace there would be peace.
Peace at what cost? Cost to the nationhood of Ukraine, and then to Georgia, maybe Azerbaijan and Estonia?

Clearly, without the weapons and other gear being provided to Ukraine by the US, Europe and others, Ukraine would probably have to yield. But shouldn’t it be up to Ukraine to determine when the cost of life and destruction is too great?

Peace at what cost? Cost to the nationhood of Ukraine, and then to Georgia, maybe Azerbaijan and Estonia?

Clearly, without the weapons and other gear being provided to Ukraine by the US, Europe and others, Ukraine would probably have to yield. But shouldn’t it be up to Ukraine to determine when the cost of life and destruction is too great?
I would understand a carrot and stick approach to push Russia to the negotiating table if it were reluctant but this is all stick.

What's the endgame? How long will it take Ukraine to push Russia out? How many people have to die before they get peace?

I would understand a carrot and stick approach to push Russia to the negotiating table if it were reluctant but this is all stick.

What's the endgame? How long will it take Ukraine to push Russia out? How many people have to die before they get peace?
Russia invaded Ukraine

Nord Stream was a good one.
Head scratching to see who did it.
Lol

Remove this Banner Ad

USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris (pt II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back