USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris (pt II)

Remove this Banner Ad

What we won’t know until the Votes are actually counted is how many Republicans have voted for Harris, the Never Trumpers, the RINOs, those who have seen who he really is, the women who want to have bodily autonomy. I think she will pick up a fair few votes there.
The GAZA reaction has to play out too. She may lose some votes.

Apart from rusted on MAGAS I can’t see where Trump gets extra votes. Will RFKj have an effect.? Are people that dumb? Maybe. Will Musk’s antics have an effect? Who knows.

And then there’s voter suppression etc.

Yes will be interesting to see how many switch allegiances or sit this one out and that’s why the whole thing is an unknown.
In a sane country it would be more clear cut, but this is America.

The end times have come. I agree with something Rand Paul has said.

Still waiting for the Trumpets to explain how tariffs solve inflation.

Gerrymandering impacts the House, it has an infinitesimally small impact on the Electoral College and hence the presidential race. And Dems play the game just as much as Republicans.

Yes, gerrymandering is a form of corruption, yes Republicans do it more than Democrats, but to suggest that Republicans would have significantly less presidents because of the practice is folly.
I thought (and stand to be corrected) that part of the gerrymandering was the allocation (or lack thereof) of voting places in urban areas (often with long queues) and tend to be democrat compared to access for rural areas (which also tend to vote Republican)

I thought (and stand to be corrected) that part of the gerrymandering was the allocation (or lack thereof) of voting places in urban areas (often with long queues) and tend to be democrat compared to access for rural areas (which also tend to vote Republican)
Gerrymandering is the process of re-drawing district maps to favour your side to gain more political power. It's done every 10 years after the census (last done in 2020). In the US, generally state legislatures control this process, although more and more Democratic states are wanting to have it done independently.

What you're talking about is not gerrymandering per-se, but it is a result of the gerrymandering process whereby almost exclusively it is Republican states and counties that engage in voter suppression tactics.

So even though Democrats have done lots of gerrymandering in the last few years, it is to have almost the opposite effect to what you're saying. They are trying to gain more power to give more access for people to vote: more places; early voting (and increased early voting period); drop boxes etc.

During the 2020 election, a lot of the Republican lawsuits were against Democratic-led Covid initiatives that specifically increased the early voting period and the number of drop boxes. The lawsuits almost exclusively failed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This election cycle is a bit weird around the polls IMO. There seems to be a lot of shitty republican polling results being released, and it looks calculated. I was confused by how the race was tightening, with seemingly no significant gaffes from the dems and no real change of course from Trump (if anything they appear to be trending even worse). But now I think I might get it.

Traditionally, it is a bit weird that a party would want to puff up its vote if its losing, as its likely to make their supporters more complacent at the same time engaging some of the fringe voters on the other side. If you are going to have an underdog victory, then you need to make sure you are seen as the underdog.

However, times have changed. Its nothing new to say its all about the narrative, but it is being weaponised differently. Stories like Trump swaying on stage for 40 minutes while his songs are being played out, him not paying bus companies and leaving his supporters stranded, his nonsense word salads and terrible disqualifying answers in the few times he is actually made public, his abhorrent cabinet picks and apparent embracing of project 2025... all of these are irrelevant if he is being seen to be winning. 'The voters don't care!"

They are making a sacrifice to keep the ship afloat. I really hope it doesn't work.

They absolutely do if Harris intends on making it a swing state. Of the last twenty-eight polls conducted in Georgia Harris has won in only two polls.
View attachment 2151950
Will probably go to how many Atlanta black male voters vote for harris and if its more than last time . Would seem female voters will go towards to harris to due abortion,.

This will be replicated in philli , pitts , detroit , millwakke
Record early voting which helped biden last time may be tighter this time

Remove this Banner Ad

USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris (pt II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back