USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris (pt II)

Remove this Banner Ad

simon cowell facepalm GIF

Fox News is the best 24/7 NEWS channel in existence.
They'll cut through the bull and report on the election fair & balanced as always.

I just contributed to a cousin's reelection campaign for her Illinois State House of Representatives seat. I'm sure I mentioned her back in 2018 when she first ran and won as a Democrat in a formerly solid Republican district. She should have no trouble winning her fourth term.

She did briefly run for the Democratic nomination for US Senator from Illinois in 2020, but withdrew prior to the Democratic Primary when the incumbent senator, Dick Durbin, decided to run for reelection. I'm not sure if she'll go for it in 2026 if he retires. I can imagine her facing off with Ted Cruz in the Senate. He wouldn't have a chance.

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Vance jones from cnn made a good point on this the other night.

Democrats are telling people men are bad, white people are bad and billionaires are bad. This is why some white male billionaires are switching to trump. They think the democrats dont want them.

In saying that. Bezos is refusing to allow his editors to back harris not because he supports trump but because he is a coward and scared of retribution from trump. Trump Is threatening retribution against people in the media who have opposed him. Are you ok with that?

Dems are saying men are bad? I didn’t get the memo.

Are you suggesting the dems cosy up more to the billionaires? They do too much of that as it is.

I think bezos is in on the plan for tech billionaires like him to have a greater seat at the table in a trump administration and beyond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listening to the great JDV on Theo Von's podcast while driving, one of the most profound comments made (and there were many!) was "some people are thinkers, some people are repeaters". Check the amount of X posts spammed here everyday to see who makes up the latter category!
Dude you were awarded the cut and paste badge…

Wow, really? It's very simple.

Disingenuous. Whole swathes of media have never opposed Trump. Especially the largest media outlet of them all, the Fox empire. You appear to have wilfully ignored this in suggesting the media oppose Trump.

So, now someone suggests no media has called his mental illness, and you don't accept that because some media did indeed cover it. Correct of course, but hypocritical in the context of the earlier post.

The mask is slipping, dude.
People have asked and wondered why so many think the GOP are great at business and the economy. Look at Fox primetime programming, they have never criticized the conservatives on the economy. Hannity saying the Trump cuts didn't result in big numbers of job creation? lol. It just repeated and supported, overtly and tacitly that the right never does worse than Dem admins.
Remember the recent Fox reactions to Biden's economic numbers, "They're good, but...". Most people who consume non-conservative media do hear economic news in a much more 'fair and balanced' way.

Ignoring talkback radio, local/regional networks such as Sinclair, print media etc a bit there.
Spot on, Sinclair is the largest owner of TV stations, even after selling off or closing nearly half of what they held a few years ago.

and we can add a dollop of misinformation and disinformation as well. Bias is always there, always has been. Its the factual reliability of what is actually broadcast that is important.

I find I've been listening to 'The Rest Is Politics: US' podcast a lot the last few months.

Pretty insightful commentary on the election and 'Trumposphere'.
It is crazy the market for political vodcasts and just how successful they've been in the Trump era.

The Rest Is Politics with Alistair Campbell and Rory Stewart is infinitely better, but yes, Katty Kay and Mooch are very watchable/listenable.

Remove this Banner Ad

USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris (pt II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back