USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m not endorsing the editorialising here (QAnon conspiracy theories, while apparently not as widely held, are wild), but this is a ridiculous number.

Reckon a better comparison would be republicans who believe the 2020 election was stolen.

70% btw.

I'm happy to believe Trump was shot at, I remain slightly cynical about whether he was actually shot.

If an AR-15 bullet hit his ear, it wouldn't be there anymore. Instead of a ridiculous oversized bandage, he'd need one of these.

s-l1600.jpg

yeah the whole trump shooting thing seems kinda fishy to me. if he really got hit by an ar-15 it would've done way more damage than just needing a bandage. ppl are so quick to believe anything these days smh

Hasn't it been established that the ear damage was from the teleprompter shattering, not direct contact from a bullet ?
I heard the same but it appears that was a hoax.

I’m not endorsing the editorialising here (QAnon conspiracy theories, while apparently not as widely held, are wild), but this is a ridiculous number.
Yep. That poster and the Free Beacon newsletter has a self confessed MAGA bias so relying on its summary would be unwise. Because the devil is always in the details and context is critical when it comes to publishing of survey results.

But following the links to look at the actual poll and its source takes you to a poll conducted by a credible for-profit polling organisation called Morning Consult. But unfortunately accessing the data to confirm the conclusions claimed by Free Beacon is not possible for non-members/subscribers.

Nevertheless Morning Consult posts these summary points:

• 3 in 5 voters said American political rhetoric was responsible for the political environment that led to the attack, according to our survey conducted days after former President Donald Trump’s ear was grazed by a bullet in Pennsylvania. Notably, 38% of voters said Trump himself was to blame for the violent moment.

• Over half of voters, including 53% of Biden supporters and 52% of Trump’s supporters, said they were “very concerned” about election-related violence this year, while roughly 2 in 5 said they were “somewhat concerned,” with little divide based on candidate support.

• Roughly 1 in 5 voters said they find it credible that the shooting was staged and not intended to kill Trump, including a third of Biden’s supporters and 12% of those who back Trump. The majority of voters (62%) said the unsubstantiated notion is not credible.

So not nearly as outrageous as claimed by a MAGA aligned newsletter, unsurprisingly.

BlueAnon and BlueMaga are the lamest attempts at name calling ever

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm surprised more isn't made about Trumps mental state. Joe's definitely on the decline due to his age but Donny has been glitching for years. If he gets in he may not be mentally capable of completing his term.

I'm surprised more isn't made about Trumps mental state. Joe's definitely on the decline due to his age but Donny has been glitching for years. If he gets in he may not be mentally capable of completing his term.
If Biden drops out for someone younger it will become quite a significant deal.

Only when a younger candidate is named running against him will that be a strategy.

If an AR-15 bullet hit his ear, it wouldn't be there anymore. Instead of a ridiculous oversized bandage, he'd need one of these.

I don't know anything about guns, but a guy I know and respect, who is a trauma surgeon in a famously violent city wrote this on another forum:

"If it was indeed a graze, its really a miracle. A high-velocity round graze doesn´t pierce an ear, it takes an ear off. Treated several of that. A projectile fragment after hitting another thing or person is much more probable. a whole projectile would rip his whole ear, and a good chunk of his head skin and hair. Even if it was a 5.56mm and not a 30.06 or 7,62mm, the 5.56 instability would be a lot more tissue damage."

I don't know anything about guns, but a guy I know and respect, who is a trauma surgeon in a famously violent city wrote this on another forum:

"If it was indeed a graze, its really a miracle. A high-velocity round graze doesn´t pierce an ear, it takes an ear off. Treated several of that. A projectile fragment after hitting another thing or person is much more probable. a whole projectile would rip his whole ear, and a good chunk of his head skin and hair. Even if it was a 5.56mm and not a 30.06 or 7,62mm, the 5.56 instability would be a lot more tissue damage."
Can you also ask him about burst eardrums from the sonic noise

Remove this Banner Ad

USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Back