USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 2

I think it will probably be negligable the difference it can and will make.

i am more amused at the right wing melts this will lead to.
Maybe you're right. I think (hope maybe) it will have an impact. I just remember being young and listening too much to celebrities. Didn't have any as big as her though.

Last edited:

The stupidest thing Trump could do now is to insult Swift. Her fans will vote against him as “payback”.

So he’s almost guaranteed to do so
Season 5 Fox GIF by New Girl

Cant wait to see Trumps rant/meltdown over Taylor.

I imagine Vance will put his 2cs of value in too.
Total dumb ****ery from Trump.
Posts the AI fake endorsement for the sugar hit - didn't anticipate the tsunami coming the other way when Swift defends herself by officially posting her allegiance.........

Yeah only one of them was talking about executing babies after birth, immigrants eating cats, how he'd magically solve medicare and wars with no detail etc.
Yeah I thought they handled the live fact checking as well as could be expected - you can't pull him up on everything coz the debate would go for 4 hours but they did jump in on the super obvious batshit insane ones you've mentioned, about the best you could hope for really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To think the whole "childless cat lady" thing wouldn't have even been a talking point if it weren't for JD Vance being named as VP. It's now being used against them to secure the endorsement of Taylor Swift.

Thinking that this decision may end up worse than picking Sarah Palin in 08.

It was over once she brought up his own supporters leaving his rallies and called them boring - probably the best insult you can come up with against a narcissist. They'd rather be called anything other than boring.

Make them feel irrelevant and it's actually quite easy to beat them.

He completely capitulated after that.

"As the economists predicted, the high tariff proved to be a disaster"

We know that the tariff idea is stupid and without any doubt whatsoever will be a disaster. Its playing russian roulette with an automatic.
The great depression became great because everyone raised tariffs to protect their local economy.

The past era of relative trade liberalism came about directly, because it had become absolutely starkly clear what a monumental cluster ****, the instinct to protect your local economy and raise money through tariffs was.

On SM-A346E using BigFooty.com mobile app

It went as expected, she has no substance and just flipped flopped around as usual. She has not moved the ball one inch forward, she just waffled on forgetting that she has been part of the Crazy Joe administration for the past 4 years. Taylor Swift can endorse whoever she wants, it's no surprise, she endorsed Biden in 2020 anyway. Like Harris, she has no idea..
Ok. And how did Trump go in the debate? As expected and true to his standing as an old racist sex offending rapist criminal?

You honestly don't? She's ****ing huge, man. Do you not remember her aus tour? Everything else went on the back burner, including footy. Her linking registration info and early voting info, plus supporting Harris, will impact this election more than anything trump does.

There's lots of lazy people that put things off too long, or can't be bothered. An idol pushing them to do it will make a difference. Taylor swift is worth more than all the media personalities opinions combined to non political nuffies.
She has a level of fan support for a musical performer I'm struggling to remember an equivalent of in my lifetime - maybe Abba at their peak in Australia from about 75 to 77. Obviously the Beatles too, but they were before my time.

She is not only musically talented (even though I'm not a fan of her music I'm not going to deny her talent) but she is intelligent, savvy, articulate and thoughtful. Via her music and social media she can use those qualities to wield immense influence if she wishes.

So Tay Tay endorsing Harris is a big deal. At the very least, she will get a lot of young, first time voters to the ballot box. That's besides likely swaying the undecided in her fan base to vote for Harris as well. How many she will influence is hard to put a number on, but it will be significant.

Anyone underestimating the effect her endorsement will have is kidding themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back