USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep

People without money and power lay bets with the bookmaker.

People with money and power lay bets on the stockmarket
Looks like the people with money and power weren't impressed by his performance judging by the sharp drop at the opening this morning.

Nobody wants to be left holding shares in his money laundering operation if he doesn't win.
Screenshot_20240911_223242_Chrome.jpg

It's ok everyone. Tariffs are so amazing I can't believe we don't impose them on everything and make them really big...

Isn't it fortunate that not one country is going to retaliate with tariffs of their own on US produced goods and the world will continue to buy stuff "made in the USA". Even when goods made in the USA go up in price because all the overseas stuff that goes into their manufacture costs more.

Looks like the people with money and power weren't impressed by his performance judging by the sharp drop at the opening this morning.

Nobody wants to be left holding shares in his money laundering operation if he doesn't win.
View attachment 2108136
Looks like another plane crash on 9/11

For Trump, a policy is just a slogan telling people what they want to hear, with absolutely no actual plan to do it.

Its like Brexit, where Boris had a policy to replace deals with the EU, with deals with other countries, that were better, but when asked how they were going to do this, the only thing they had was, they were going to negotiate really really hard and get really really good deals. Thats what Brexiters wanted to hear, but its not a policy, its a vague aspiration, with no clue how to do it.

Thats Trump in a nutshell, he finds out what you want, then says he is going to get it for you. But that's not a policy, its not even a vague intention, he isn't even going to try, and wouldn't know how even if he did.

His only kept promise was permanent tax cuts for the rich.
✔️✔️✔️ And the tax cut was delivered by Ryan and McConnell. First Step Act a bipartisan initiative that Kushner convinced him to sign.

It is hard to gauge if he is winning or not.....

Mainly because I dont understand the Trump voter.

If this was in Aus or any other country, it would be listed as a comedy show, not news.
I understand the deep sense of grievance.

FMD capitalism has ****ed us all over and in America, which is falling to bits before our eyes, capitalism has a turbocharger attached, just to make sure every one gets well ****ed over.

What I don’t understand is why anyone would think the solution lies with a character straight out of pro wrestling.

Last edited:
Swift?

Not many at all.

My feeling is that the celebrity endorsements mean a lot less than people think they will.

Hillary had about 400,000 celebrity endorsements and it didn’t do her much good – a lot of average Americans don’t like being told what to do by rich Hollywood / music industry types.

Might help a bit with a few young first time voters but a lot of the ones who might be influenced would be in the Harris camp already.

Having said all that I think the timing of her announcement might be tactically important . . . it means that a bit more of the post debate commentary will focus of Harris and the Democrats and make it harder for the Republicans to do damage control.
There’s celebrities, and then there’s Taylor Swift.

Another Trump acolyte from Faux

#sobrave
If you think russian cyber attack , wait for swifties to cyber attack levin

They have caused ticketmaster grief

Dare I say it. He needs to calm down.

There’s celebrities, and then there’s Taylor Swift.
And then there's everyone's favourite bf poster (I hope!) FK.

The debate moved me from 60/40 in Kamalas favour to now 70/30 but the research and number crunching continues. Plus I would hate to overshadow Taytay's moment in the spotlight by announcing my endorsement within 24 hours of hers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’re forgetting the big one, his promise to evanjellyfish Christians to stack the Supreme Court and overturn Roe Vs Wade.
That may turn out to be the Republicans greatest error. Abortion was hugely potent as a calling cry to rally the base but actually overturning RvW has them losing support in a way they just didn't imagine it would and turned it into an even bigger issue.

That may turn out to be the Republicans greatest error. Abortion was hugely potent as a calling cry to rally the base but actually overturning RvW has them losing support in a way they just didn't imagine it would and turned it into an even bigger issue.
The problem is on the ground. 90% of states are implementing reasonable abortion controls.

10% of them have gone hog-crazy at controlling women's health choices and women are dying because of it.

Why do these men want to control women's bodies so much? Weirdos.

Swift?

Not many at all.

My feeling is that the celebrity endorsements mean a lot less than people think they will.

Hillary had about 400,000 celebrity endorsements and it didn’t do her much good – a lot of average Americans don’t like being told what to do by rich Hollywood / music industry types.

Might help a bit with a few young first time voters but a lot of the ones who might be influenced would be in the Harris camp already.

Having said all that I think the timing of her announcement might be tactically important . . . it means that a bit more of the post debate commentary will focus of Harris and the Democrats and make it harder for the Republicans to do damage control.
They may already be in the Harris camp but still not motivated enough to vote.

Also, I think she did well to not tell people what to do so much. Yes she implored them to enrol, and said she'd vote for Kamala, but was pretty clear in not telling or suggesting how others should vote.

Lol. What a effing clown.

'Donald Trump has called for ABC to lose their broadcasting license after the way the network moderated last night’s TV debate. Saying the network took “a big hit last night”, Trump said “They have to be licensed to do it. They ought to take away their license for the way they did that. I think they lost a lot of credibility.”

He told viewers of Fox and Friends that he had polls showing he had won the debate “by 80-20, 90, we we have one here, 92 to seven. And I sort of believe that’s right”. Trump did not name the polls.

He continued his attack on ABC, saying “From the standpoint of ABC, they’re the most dishonest, in my opinion, the most dishonest news organization, and that’s saying a lot, because they’re all essentially really dishonest.” '
Guardian live blog
Bloody hell. Trump polled his own dinner table and it came up 92-7 :oops:

Melania - ****ing immigrants again :mad::mad::mad:

Time
Inflation eased again in August, cementing expectations that the Federal Reserve is set to cut interest rates next week for the first time since the pandemic’s early days.
Data released Wednesday by the Bureau of Labor Statistics showed prices climbed 2.5 percent in the 12 months ending in August. That was a noticeable improvement over the 2.9 percent notched in July, in part because of falling gas prices. Prices also climbed 0.2 percent over the previous month.

This may upset DonOld , particularly if feds drop intrest rates before election, claims of o
Election interference
An interest rate cut would be rather bad news for Trump :think:

Remove this Banner Ad

USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Back