List Mgmt. 2024 Young Talent Time (Drafting)

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not as close to this draft as I have been in previous years. From initial looks it does appear pretty even but are there any stand-out talents?

I'm actually not huge on Berry tbh. Moves like a midfielder rather than small forward to my eye.
Interesting take, he certainly does not play like a Kako or Champion. He has that ability to play in the midfield and even during the championships was at center bounces. He does have an uncanny knack of kicking goals, with the flexibility to move into the midfield. I would prefer those attributes at AFL level as there is multiple roles he can play.

I really trust walls in getting the best bang for buck.
I would only question the ras selection out of our high end draft picks..
The selection was fine at the time. Johnson sliding meant we had 1 too many inside mids, Brodie came on better than expected, Mundy left a hole so we recruited JOM. All these things happened after his selection and have robbed Ras of more opportunities. He’s a gun in the WAFL so assume there is an AFL player in there once we have game time for him.

Interesting take, he certainly does not play like a Kako or Champion. He has that ability to play in the midfield and even during the championships was at center bounces. He does have an uncanny knack of kicking goals, with the flexibility to move into the midfield. I would prefer those attributes at AFL level as there is multiple roles he can play.
Yep I would agree with that. Feel like we have a few of that type. I guess what I should have said is that I don't think Berry's type is the BEST fit for Freo right now. He is a perfectly fine player, but I would prefer a Kako type of two of equal talent were available.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Berry and Lindsay top of my list, if we could squeeze in Travaglia as well I’d be stoked, then trade the saints 2nd into next year to someone who’s desperate.

In terms of where each player might be selected
Travaglia > Lindsay > Berry (Those would be my rough thoughts on where they will be picked)

I like this fella as well. Pretty sure he played mainly forward in the champs, but must have been mid for this colts game. 190 cm and very athletic.

Claremont's Hamish Davis has been rewarded for an extraordinary performance at the weekend, named the Round 15 EGT Bright Light Nominee.

Davis had 40 disposals and kicked a goal as the Tigers took care of Swan Districts by 33 points.

Hamish DavisDavis is a strong-bodied forward able to kick goals in a variety of ways. He was WA's best avenue to goal, but on the weekend he transformed Claremont's midfield with an utterly dominant display. Davis had 40 disposals and a goal, bursting from stoppage and finding targets inside 50 all game.5 days ago

Apparently Hotton is the best small forward in it. Be interesting to see if the ACL would put us off.
Footy Stuff has Taj Hotton rounds 1-3 on his youtube channel I dove into a few weeks ago. I don't see how someone would label him as a small forward.

Great athlete, highly competitive but poor footskills imo. Looks like he played 80% mid about 20% as a genuine target forward not a small forward, because he is elite overhead.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Young Talent Time (Drafting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back