List Mgmt. 2024 Young Talent Time (Drafting)

Remove this Banner Ad

For the first three quarters of this game Gerreyn seemed to be waging a one man war against the entire Subiaco team. He dominated the ruck with deft tap work, he followed up at ground level with clean and skillful work by hand and foot, he kicked goals, and most impressively took a variety of strong marks around the ground. Just prior to the 3/4 time siren he copped a heavy knock, lay prone for a while and then had to come off bleeding and visibly groggy. It was extremely surprising to see him back out there in the final term, and he looked a shadow of his former self.

Did any of our players make the u17 squad for the futures game on GF day, announced today?

If we have these highly touted prospects in our NGA next year they should have been in the mix I would have thought?

Can’t find the list on AFL site or anything

Did any of our players make the u17 squad for the futures game on GF day, announced today?

If we have these highly touted prospects in our NGA next year they should have been in the mix I would have thought?

Can’t find the list on AFL site or anything

Hopefully Hart turns it around a bit next year, decent drop off but the WA crop is ridiculous next year if we go by watchers.
From what I've watched (and draft watchers will obvs have a more refined take on this), he has the feel of a player whose growth spurt is giving him short-term struggles. The "growing your game into your body" sort of stuff. Even in the SWFL, judging by his PlayHQ profile it seems like this season has been a drop off in play, not just a drop off in relative rankings compared to his cohort.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which other teams need a small fwd as much as us?
If we bring in Bolton and Martin, do we need another small forward as much as we think we do now? I’m with Paracleet, just because we all want him and he’s available at our pick, doesn’t mean we take him, Walls would likely go “best available” if we’ve already brought in the two above.

If we bring in Bolton and Martin, do we need another small forward as much as we think we do now? I’m with Paracleet, just because we all want him and he’s available at our pick, doesn’t mean we take him, Walls would likely go “best available” if we’ve already brought in the two above.

If you are relying on Martin then you have lost me already.

If you want to pigeon hole Bolton as a small forward, then you lose half his value.

Yes, we need Berry.

The flaws in everyone's logic re Berry is that a) The recruiting team rate him at all b) They rate him materially differently to other sides (and therefore differently to sides with picks of the same range as the ones we have draft night) and c) Rate him ahead of the other choices available at our pick all other things being equal (they might rate a mid available then as slightly better, but take Berry on 'Need'. They won't take him ahead of a player they rate much higher).

I wish there was more of a pure small forward in the draft available at our pick. Berry looks great but is more of a half-forward because he can also play in the midfield. Watson and Ginnivan are pure small forwards and they create chaos.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Young Talent Time (Drafting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back