List Mgmt. 2024 Young Talent Time (Drafting)

Remove this Banner Ad

I know berry is a need, but I can’t see us passing on both Travaglia and Lindsay if they’re available at that pick, reckon we’d roll the dice on Berry still being there as Cats and Giants don’t need small forwards.
I agree, if in some miracle we still have those first 3 picks I'd take all of Lalor, Lindsay and Travaglia, and I reckon all of them could get a game or two.

When you think of Rioli it's that line breaking run and long kicks.

The last game he played Freo he averaged 6m gained per disposal. If Richmond can get basically two top ten picks for him then good for them but I think that assumption was made by a very Tiger eyed individual.
It's justified in their head because "GC dont need the picks." It's conveniently means GC just throw them away.

I've been scratching my head on how highly the Richmons guys rate him. Would have thought his worth less than Baker in a vacuum

It's justified in their head because "GC dont need the picks." It's conveniently means GC just throw them away.

I've been scratching my head on how highly the Richmons guys rate him. Would have thought his worth less than Baker in a vacuum
Rioli is contracted isn’t he? That would make him worth more than Baker but not 8 & 11 value, maybe one of those picks, especially if they think Lombard bid comes before either of those picks.

Rioli is contracted isn’t he? That would make him worth more than Baker but not 8 & 11 value, maybe one of those picks, especially if they think Lombard bid comes before either of those picks.
Yeah, according to Tigers fans, being uncontracted doesn't change the value that much for Baker but for Rioli it makes him worth approximately 50x his actual value. Gold Coast aren't flushing the picks down the drain just because they can. If they get one of those picks they take it and push him out the door. It's still an insane overpay IMO

2 Irish lads.
1 older experienced level headed champion, 1 young prodigy.
The rules say we can put 1 on our cat B list and the second will need to be cat A. They do not have to go through the draft to be picked up.

Will they be under the salary cap?
Not up on any of the rules, excited to see how they will go.
Perth seems a good fit for Irish.

Have 1 free cat B spot available.
Who are we looking at through the academy this year, or is it light on for 2024.
Funny to see Josh Draper on the cat B list..
We have done well with this guy.

I know berry is a need, but I can’t see us passing on both Travaglia and Lindsay if they’re available at that pick, reckon we’d roll the dice on Berry still being there as Cats and Giants don’t need small forwards.
I’m more if a Hollon fan. But think he’d fit perfectly.

For the record I don’t see freo using all those picks

I’m not sure trialling two Irish players means there’s much chance of listing both of them.

We trialled four players in the SPP and ended up listing one.

It’s even possible we stick with Williams and end up listing none of them.

Unless they’re a freak you can basically write off year one as a development year IMO.

I’m not sure trialling two Irish players means there’s much chance of listing both of them.

We trialled four players in the SPP and ended up listing one.

It’s even possible we stick with Williams and end up listing none of them.

Unless they’re a freak you can basically write off year one as a development year IMO.
I was initially excited. In the past the Irish players were a free hit.
Cat B before the academys were introduced and from memory were outside the salary cap.
Anyway, good to be turning stones over.
The biggest net catches most fish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are been a few outstanding Irish AFL converts.
With a lot of not so who couldn't get on the field.
Cast the nets I say. 😄
Agree, there have been some outstanding ones and the rest struggle.

Nothing to lose by trialling them except some expenses to bring them out.

Unfortunately Ultan is a bit late to the party now at 24 to adapt due to injury and covid, but he looks like a good athlete.

The other boy Eoin is much younger at 19 and looks speedy and elusive.

Depends on what happens with the Cat B rookie list changes but the current rules only allow for one Irish player on the Cat B list.

"In the specific case of Irish international rookies, a club may have no more than one Irish Category B rookie at a time; but, the club is permitted to recruit other Irish players as Category A rookies, and may still recruit them directly without putting them up for draft."

Interesting discussion on Irish recruits. Who do we consider the best? For mine, the top 3 are Zach Tuohy, Jimmy Stynes and Tadhg Kennelly. (And yes, I did need to google to get those spellings.)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Young Talent Time (Drafting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back