Preview 2025 Best 22 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 26, 2012
Block 123
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, FC St. Pauli
First pass below! Before you all jump down my throat, this is a before draft/trade period best 22 which means no Bolton yet. I'll do another one after the list is finalised :sweatsmile:

Anyway..... as it currently stands:

FF: Sturt Amiss Switta
HF: Frederick Treacy Jackson
C: NOD Brayshaw Sharp
HB: Chappy Cox Clark
FB: Ryan Pearce Walker

R: Darcy Serong Young

I: Ras JOM Wags Fyfe

S: Walters

Pushing for a spot:
Simpson
Draper
Davies
Voss
Brodie
Worner
Delean (hopefully)
Knobel
Stanley
Wagner

Depth:
Banners
Aish
Emmett
McDonald
Reidy

Have at it!

That looks pretty good. I think we need to move beyond Fyfe, Walters and probably JOM too. We can't afford to play them all in the same team.

All three of them could potentially go backwards over the off season. Conversely some of the younger players could step up. We need to be ruthless about carrying old players who are only going to get worse.

First pass below! Before you all jump down my throat, this is a before draft/trade period best 22 which means no Bolton yet. I'll do another one after the list is finalised :sweatsmile:

Anyway..... as it currently stands:

I: Ras JOM Wags Fyfe

Pushing for a spot:
Simpson
Draper
Davies
Voss
Brodie
Worner
Delean (hopefully)
Knobel
Stanley
Wagner

Depth:
Banners
Aish
Emmett
McDonald
Reidy

Have at it!
1727006640823.png

I: Ras JOM Wags Johnson

Pushing for a spot:
Simpson
Draper
Davies
Voss
Brodie
Worner
Delean (hopefully)
Knobel
Stanley
Wagner

Depth:
Fyfe
Banners
Aish
Emmett
McDonald
Reidy

I feel sharps spot in the 22 could come under threat. Fat side winger who can't play any other position on the ground, who doesn't have elite skills and questionable in the contest.

Could be the Brodie of 23/24.

I can see what you are saying (agree with the weaknesses) but who else in our team has that combo of endurance+speed and is really good at keeping space? For me that is the difference from Brodie; he had competition on all sides. Sharp on the other hand is almost built for this team, despite his flaws.

I can see what you are saying (agree with the weaknesses) but who else in our team has that combo of endurance+speed and is really good at keeping space? For me that is the difference from Brodie; he had competition on all sides. Sharp on the other hand is almost built for this team, despite his flaws.
I think we will need to play resting mids on skinny side wing more so NOD could get more fat side wing minutes, Freddy and sturt could rotate through there. Good opportunity to get Chapman further up the ground for short stints.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Draper has to be best 22. He’s an absolute gun!

There’s a decent chance draper improves significantly again in 2025 (not guaranteed I accept).

Even then he’s a walk up B22 in the form he finished the season. Forget his draft position.
I’m a big chapman fan and would never drop him but there’s a decent argument draper is a better player long term.

The AFL 22 under 22 selectors agreed - they selected draper in their squad and he even made the fan voted team, Chappy who played most of the season and was also eligible didn’t even make the squad nominations.

Personally I’d start draper ahead of Cox based on what we saw this season.

Ryan Pearce Walker
Clark Cox Chapman
Sharp Brayshaw O'Driscoll
Switkowski Treacy Frederick
Sturt Amiss Jackson
Darcy Serong Young
Erasmus Johnson Wagner Banfield

Pending our 2 most likely trades:
Wagner for Baker
Bolton for Banfield

This thread is probably a month too early, but this is how I see us ending up.

So many unknowns, with draft and trade period. If we get Baker, I think he takes NOD spot and then one of the Bench players is pushed out. If we get Berry and Hannaford, then I could make a a case for both players to bin the 23.

HF: Bolton Treacy Jackson
FF: Sturt Amiss <New Small forward>

I: Ras JOM Wags Johnson Switta

I think the only one of our three veterans (Fyfe, Walters and O'Meara) that has a chance of getting dropped is Walters, as Longmuir seems to be okay with at least playing him as a sub and not having him start on the field.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2025 Best 22 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back