Preview 2025 Best 22 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

You can’t leave a player of Drapers talent level playing WAFL footy for a year after playing 22 AFL games the season previously.

Every team in the league would be calling his agent to trade him in on next years trade period if that happens.

Would be happy with Chapman to a wing too.
Chappy on the wing and O'Meara to never play wing again is the move that has to happen in my opinion.

Where does Odriscoll play if Chapman goes to wing? Assuming Sharp is on other
Nod and Sharp can fight out for the wing spot between them.

Neither are that good that they can be assured a permanent place in the team.

Or just get rid of JOM like sheriff said

Where does Odriscoll play if Chapman goes to wing? Assuming Sharp is on other
We normally play 3 wings or at least rotate 3 players wing. For most of last season it was O'Meara, Johnson and Sharp rotating with Banfiled spending time there in the games Johnson spent more time onball. I'd have Johnson replace Fyfe so he spends most of his time onball and then have NOD play the wing/onball role Johnson played last season. So my wingers would be NOD, Chapman and Sharp. Johnson could rotate a bit there still but spend most of his time onball.

Last edited:
I agree bar I don't have O'Meara in the team and I do have Freddy and Draper. I think Draper will again improve and be a best 22 with Chapman moving to te wing (so O'Mearas spot) and Id have Freddy in the team instead of new small forward.

Freddy isn't a small forward. Happy for him to play wing, forward flank, or even sub.

But we need a quality small forward in our side.

But I am getting ahead of myself, as we may not get a small forward this year.

FF: Sturt Amiss Jackson
HF: Bolton Treacy Frederick
C: Chapman Brayshaw Sharp
HB: Wagner Cox Clark
FB: Ryan Pearce Walker

R: Darcy Serong Young

I: Ras Fyfe Switta NOD

S:JOM

Pushing for a spot:

Forwards/centre:
Walters
Voss
Banners
Simpson
Delean

Back:
Draper
Davies
Aish
McDonald
Worner

Talls:
Reidy
Knobel

Depth:
Brodie
Emmett
Stanley

FF: Sturt Amiss Jackson
HF: Bolton Treacy Frederick
C: Chapman Brayshaw Sharp
HB: Wagner Cox Clark
FB: Ryan Pearce Walker

R: Darcy Serong Young

I: Ras Fyfe Switta NOD

S:JOM

Pushing for a spot:

Forwards/centre:
Walters
Voss
Banners
Simpson
Delean

Back:
Draper
Davies
Aish
McDonald
Worner

Talls:
Reidy
Knobel

Depth:
Brodie
Emmett
Stanley
again... where has Johnson gone??

Best 23
Key Backs: Pearce, Cox
Med: Chapman, Ryan
Small: Walker, Clark, Wagner/Baker

Ruck: Darcy
Mids: Serong, Brayshaw, Young, Johnson, Fyfe, Erasmus
Wingers: NOD, Sharp

Ruck/Forward: Jackson
Key Fowards: Tracey, Amiss
Med Forwards: Sturt
Small: Bolton, Switta and Freddy.

Best 23
Key Backs: Pearce, Cox
Med: Chapman, Ryan
Small: Walker, Clark, Wagner/Baker

Ruck: Darcy
Mids: Serong, Brayshaw, Young, Johnson, Fyfe, Erasmus
Wingers: NOD, Sharp

Ruck/Forward: Jackson
Key Fowards: Tracey, Amiss
Med Forwards: Sturt
Small: Bolton, Switta and Freddy.

It’s about right but if Erasmus can replace Fyfe I’m probably moving past him completely and putting JOM back in. I like NOD on the inside so there’s room for JOM in the team with two wingers IMO.

JOM is not the superstar that his reputation prior to coming to Freo suggested but he still adds just enough that he’d play for most clubs.

Can’t help but think we’re going to waste another year finding out just how much more cooked Walters and Fyfe are unfortunately. Hopefully if that does happen if doesn’t cost us Erasmus or NOD because I think if we keep everyone else you’ve listed in your post (plus a few extras for some depth) and find some forward pressure from somewhere 2026 should be rather exciting.

It’s about right but if Erasmus can replace Fyfe I’m probably moving past him completely and putting JOM back in. I like NOD on the inside so there’s room for JOM in the team with two wingers IMO.

JOM is not the superstar that his reputation prior to coming to Freo suggested but he still adds just enough that he’d play for most clubs.

Can’t help but think we’re going to waste another year finding out just how much more cooked Walters and Fyfe are unfortunately. Hopefully if that does happen if doesn’t cost us Erasmus or NOD because I think if we keep everyone else you’ve listed in your post (plus a few extras for some depth) and find some forward pressure from somewhere 2026 should be rather exciting.
JOM and Fyfe really disappointing in the last game.

They needed to stand up and they didn't deliver.

Games like that really make me go off on a player.

Without trades yet, something like:

B: Ryan Pearce Walker
HB: Chapman Cox Clark
C: Sharp Young O'Driscoll
HF: Switta Treacy Frederick
F: Jackson Amiss Sturt
R: Darcy Serong Brayshaw
B:Wagner Johnson Erasmus Fyfe
Sub: Simpson
Emergency: Draper JOM Walters

Wouldn't mind Draper in, pushing Chapman to wing and 1 wingman to bench. And that makes the think the first out there should be Fyfe unless he plays very good footy making us a contender.

JOM and Fyfe really disappointing in the last game.

They needed to stand up and they didn't deliver.

Games like that really make me go off on a player.

I think Fyfe looked slow and cooked as a player for the last month tbh. JOM just had a few poor moments.

Having said that maybe it’s just me hoping because 30 year old JOM should really have two years left if he’s good enough - that’s what his contract is.

Fyfe we should’ve given one year to back in 2023. It was reasonably obvious even then. Walters less so due to his form but still at that age we shouldn’t be repeating that mistake next time the opportunity arises.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Fyfe looked slow and cooked as a player for the last month tbh. JOM just had a few poor moments.

Having said that maybe it’s just me hoping because 30 year old JOM should really have two years left if he’s good enough - that’s what his contract is.

Fyfe we should’ve given one year to back in 2023. It was reasonably obvious even then. Walters less so due to his form but still at that age we shouldn’t be repeating that mistake next time the opportunity arises.
I most likely had Fyfe over JOM because he is a spiritual leader of the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2025 Best 22 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back