HB: Chapman Cox Clark

C: Sharp Brayshaw O'Driscoll

HF: Freddy Treacy Switkowski

FF: Bolton Amiss Jackson

F: Darcy Young Serong

I: Johnson Erasmus Wagner Sturt

S: Banfield

I'm not sentimental obviously.
This is our 2026 premiership team (if we don’t get Warner or Kozzie next year) so why not run with it now.
We need to sever the cord on our “old wise heads” of Walters, Fyfe and JOM, they aren’t able to stand up in the big games anymore (some would say JOM never has, for freo anyway).
Personally think NOD offers more than JOM does now and Johnson/Ras offer more than Fyfe/Banfield do. It’s purely the stats about average team age being in a certain range to be a “contender” that is keeping them in the team, but when you have this much young talent, just let them grow together and see what happens!

This is our 2026 premiership team (if we don’t get Warner or Kozzie next year) so why not run with it now.
We need to sever the cord on our “old wise heads” of Walters, Fyfe and JOM, they aren’t able to stand up in the big games anymore (some would say JOM never has, for freo anyway).
Personally think NOD offers more than JOM does now and Johnson/Ras offer more than Fyfe/Banfield do. It’s purely the stats about average team age being in a certain range to be a “contender” that is keeping them in the team, but when you have this much young talent, just let them grow together and see what happens!
He might be on the way out but there's no need to disrespect the guy by straight up lying about him

i think sturt could have a fritsch type season next year. oppo will need to focus heavily on bolton and treacy primarily and amiss will demand that attention as well. then we have this smart, quick, accurate mid fwd who can take advantage of a mismatch or space hes provided. kicked 20 in half a dozen games, could really push on towards 40 after finally getting a run of games and some confidence in himself.

**** me we might actually be stacked in the forward line for the first time ever

The most talent-laden side in club history?

On paper I'd argue the current 22, especially with the addition of Bolton, exceed the individual quality of the 12-15 squad. Ditto 03-07.

On paper being the sticking point given we've had very little return over the last couple of years. Not many excuses left in 2025.

The most talent-laden side in club history?

On paper I'd argue the current 22, especially with the addition of Bolton, exceed the individual quality of the 12-15 squad. Ditto 03-07.

On paper being the sticking point given we've had very little return over the last couple of years. Not many excuses left in 2025.
The pointy end of 2012-15 is still better. We need a number of current players to step up to match or at least close the gap.

If they can do that, I think the bottom half is far superior and will separate even more over time.

What “big games” had JOM stood up in for Freo? How is my statement lying about him?
Well I probably need to preface this by saying I see all games as big games as every game impacts how the season pans out.

A couple of examples, both from 2024:

vs St Kilda - Freo were in danger of kicking themselves out of the game, couldn't kick a goal to save their life and were leaving the door open for the Saints. JOM bobs up and kicks a difficult goal from 45 near the boundary to big us breathing space then again to kick the sealer.

vs West Coast - Freo struggling for the 2nd time against West Coast and they're looking like running away with it. JOM bobs up at half time to kick a big goal from 50 on the siren to keep Freo in the game and give momentum heading into the 2nd half

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2025 Best 22 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back