2025 List changes

Remove this Banner Ad

- Begg out
+ Steene in (returning off LTI list)
Dont think steene was ever on the LT1 list, they didn't rule him out for the year until late, as they thought he could play some games later in the year.

Murphy Carmichael Eyre Bytel kroogs Richards Noble out
Perryman Hiouston pick 52,55,58 and Membrey in. Leaves 1 more spot
We were +2 with Smit and Long added mid season so those mentioned above off plus Begg.
So in’s look the way it will go but no free spots if no one else goes with 3 picks.
Other option is we may only take 2 picks in draft like last year and promote a rookie and hold a spot for SSP.
If we keep 36/6 two contracted players will have to be delisted and re-rookied.

Finn Macrae?
Is he gonna try and break through in 25.
Can’t question his resolve.
No team approached?

Leppa did say there is a spot for him and they do think he can be a player and that he thinks he could be a player that pops next year. Said that some take until year 4-5. We can only hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dont think steene was ever on the LT1 list, they didn't rule him out for the year until late, as they thought he could play some games later in the year.

Ah, it must have been Begg then.

Eyre didn’t get much of a look in… strange to promote him… having seen a lot of him in VFL in 2023… to then delist him

Bytel had his chances but with the arrivals and 2-3 on draft night… one or more out of Bytel, Long and Sullivan had to go to realign the list

With the St Kilda forward half duo to arrive… Krueger probably ruled as surplus… not sure that Hayes plays much more football than him though

I expect Dean to be delisted or promoted. 3 years on rookie list means the club has to act on him

McInness 50/50 to stay

Personally I’d delist and re-rookie Johnson before cutting reef… who could still find a role going forward

Eyre didn’t get much of a look in… strange to promote him… having seen a lot of him in VFL in 2023… to then delist him

Bytel had his chances but with the arrivals and 2-3 on draft night… one or more out of Bytel, Long and Sullivan had to go to realign the list

With the St Kilda forward half duo to arrive… Krueger probably ruled as surplus… not sure that Hayes plays much more football than him though

I expect Dean to be delisted or promoted

3 years on rookie list means the club has to act on him

McInness 50/50 to stay

Personally I’d delist and re-rookie Johnson before cutting reef who could still find a role going forward
new rule allows him to stay on rookie list past 3 years if played less than 10 games.

Eyre is disappointing, injury has really stopped his career development. I’d be sure he’d make a good defender, not a forward as his marking can go off.
Bytel and Freddie I’m not surprised, disappointed that they kept Reef but that’s their decision, I might not like it but that’s what’s good about being a supporter you can disagree with the club and still cheer them on to victory and be a “true” supporter not a cult member.

I expect Dean to be delisted or promoted. 3 years on rookie list means the club has to act on him

McInness 50/50 to stay

Personally I’d delist and re-rookie Johnson before cutting reef… who could still find a role going forward

Not anymore
The AFL bought in a new rule where for rookies if you have played less than 10 afl games, you can stay on the rookie list up to 5 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

… disappointed that they kept Reef but that’s their decision, I might not like it but that’s what’s good about being a supporter you can disagree with the club and still cheer them on to victory and be a “true” supporter not a cult member. if the club get it right you can celebrate, and if the club get it wrong you can take solice that you know better. It’s a win-win really

EFA

Eyre is disappointing, injury has really stopped his career development. I’d be sure he’d make a good defender, not a forward as his marking can go off.
Bytel and Freddie I’m not surprised, disappointed that they kept Reef but that’s their decision, I might not like it but that’s what’s good about being a supporter you can disagree with the club and still cheer them on to victory and be a “true” supporter not a cult member.
In this day and age I think it’s the opposite way around. You can get away with dropping a few up forward if you have good enough crumbers and pressure players but down back you want someone with clean hands who isn’t gonna give the opposition crumbers an opportunity.

I count 33 Senior + 5 Cat A rookie = 38 currently on our list (plus Parker in one Cat B spot but that has no effect on senior / rookie list spots).

Need to have three additions to to the senior list which brings us up to 36 senior / 41 total (assuming we use three picks in the national draft), so we'll be cutting one more rookie at least if we're looking at bringing in Membrey and Tomlinson.

Looks like one or both of Long and Sullivan might be in trouble, can't see them cutting Dean or Reef now that both Kreugs and Eyre are gone.

As an aside Dean is the longest serving rookie at 3 years but he has only played 8 games so can stay on the rookie list this year. This means there no current pressure to promote anyone, but we could do so and go with one less selection in the draft, opening up a rookie list spot for the draft or SSP/MSD.

In this day and age I think it’s the opposite way around. You can get away with dropping a few up forward if you have good enough crumbers and pressure players but down back you want someone with clean hands who isn’t gonna give the opposition crumbers an opportunity.
Yeah, I can see that. The knock on him was his marking, similar to Big Billy so that’s why I thought it but I get what you’re saying.

I count 33 Senior + 5 Cat A rookie = 38 currently on our list (plus Parker in one Cat B spot but that has no effect on senior / rookie list spots).

Need to have three additions to to the senior list which brings us up to 36 senior / 41 total (assuming we use three picks in the national draft), so we'll be cutting one more rookie at least if we're looking at bringing in Membrey and Tomlinson.

Looks like one or both of Long and Sullivan might be in trouble, can't see them cutting Dean or Reef now that both Kreugs and Eyre are gone.

As an aside Dean is the longest serving rookie at 3 years but he has only played 8 games so can stay on the rookie list this year. This means there no current pressure to promote anyone, but we could do so and go with one less selection in the draft, opening up a rookie list spot for the draft or SSP/MSD.
4 Cat A
Dean, Long, Sullivan, Smit
Sullivan has been given a contract.

Think it’s 34 senior with on Perryman Houston off Murphy Krueger Noble Richards

Think it’s 34 senior with on Perryman Houston off Murphy Krueger Noble Richards
Note: Clubs have been permitted to have a minimum of 37 players and a maximum of 44 players on their books, with primary (senior) lists between 36 and 38 players.

2024 list ..

1 Patrick Lipinski
2 Jordan De Goey
3 Isaac Quaynor
4 Brayden Maynard
5 Jamie Elliott
6 Tom Mitchell
7 Josh Daicos
8 Lachie Schultz
9 John Noble senior traded
10 Scott Pendlebury
11 Daniel McStay
12 Josh Carmichael rookie retired
13 Harry Demattia
14 Darcy Cameron
15 Nathan Kreuger senior delisted
16 Ed Allan
17 Billy Frampton
18 Finlay Macrae
19 Tew Jiath
20 Iliro Smit rookie
21 Oscar Steene
22 Steele Sidebottom
23 Bobby Hill
24 Jakob Ryan
25 Jack Crisp
26 Reef McInnes
27 Jack Bytel rookie delisted
28 Nathan Murphy senior retired
29 Joe Richards senior traded
30 Darcy Moore
31 Beau McCreery
32 Will Hoskin-Elliott
33 Lachie Sullivan rookie (1-yr ext)
34 Josh Eyre rookie delisted
35 Nick Daicos
36 Harvey Harrison
37 Oleg Markov
38 Jeremy Howe
39 Aiden Begg rookie delisted
40 Ash Johnson
41 Brody Mihocek
42 Charlie Dean rookie
43 Ned Long rookie
44 Wil Parker rookie b
45 Mason Cox

from 2024 list:
'-> -4 seniors (Noble, Richards, Murphy, Kreuger off)
'= 32 senior listed players

'-> +6 seniors (Perryman, Houston, Membrey, +picks 52, 55, 58 - if we actually take 3 in the draft)
'= net 38 senior listed players

from 2024 list:
'-> -4 rookies (Carmichael, Bytel, Eyre, Begg off)
'= 5 rookies (Smit, Sully, Long, Dean, Parker (catB)
'-> +1 rookie (+Tomlinson or +Hayes)
'= net 6 rookies

= = total squad of 44

Note: Clubs have been permitted to have a minimum of 37 players and a maximum of 44 players on their books, with primary (senior) lists between 36 and 38 players.

2024 list ..

1 Patrick Lipinski
2 Jordan De Goey
3 Isaac Quaynor
4 Brayden Maynard
5 Jamie Elliott
6 Tom Mitchell
7 Josh Daicos
8 Lachie Schultz
9 John Noble senior traded
10 Scott Pendlebury
11 Daniel McStay
12 Josh Carmichael rookie retired
13 Harry Demattia
14 Darcy Cameron
15 Nathan Kreuger senior delisted
16 Ed Allan
17 Billy Frampton
18 Finlay Macrae
19 Tew Jiath
20 Iliro Smit rookie
21 Oscar Steene
22 Steele Sidebottom
23 Bobby Hill
24 Jakob Ryan
25 Jack Crisp
26 Reef McInnes
27 Jack Bytel rookie delisted
28 Nathan Murphy senior retired
29 Joe Richards senior traded
30 Darcy Moore
31 Beau McCreery
32 Will Hoskin-Elliott
33 Lachie Sullivan rookie (1-yr ext)
34 Josh Eyre rookie delisted
35 Nick Daicos
36 Harvey Harrison
37 Oleg Markov
38 Jeremy Howe
39 Aiden Begg rookie delisted
40 Ash Johnson
41 Brody Mihocek
42 Charlie Dean rookie
43 Ned Long rookie
44 Wil Parker rookie b
45 Mason Cox

from 2024 list:
'-> -4 seniors (Noble, Richards, Murphy, Kreuger off)
'= 32 senior listed players

'-> +6 seniors (Perryman, Houston, Membrey, +picks 52, 55, 58 - if we actually take 3 in the draft)
'= net 38 senior listed players

from 2024 list:
'-> -4 rookies (Carmichael, Bytel, Eyre, Begg off)
'= 5 rookies (Smit, Sully, Long, Dean, Parker (catB)
'-> +1 rookie (+Tomlinson or +Hayes)
'= net 6 rookies

= = total squad of 44
Only thing I don’t think is right is you have gone 38/5 with one Cat B. Think the maximum of senior and Cat A is 42 with the possibility of 2 Cat B’s

Remove this Banner Ad

2025 List changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back