2025 List changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Was going off footywire which had Steene as a rookie when he was promoted before the 2023 draft, still so it's 34 on the senior list. Basic premise remains the same though, were one spot short and need to shuffle the chess pieces to fit both Membrey and Tomlinson in.

The option of promoting someone to fill up a list spot isn't viable either if we think that another club is looking at Tomlinson, if not then that will work and give us 37/5 after the rookie draft.

Still a bit to play out on this, won't be a straight forward DFA pick up from what I can see after Long and Sullivan have had a deal out in front of them and assuming we'll do the same with Reef.
Almost certain there will be only one DFA likely Membrey. Take 3 picks to draft and maybe one will be traded out on the night to improve our 2025 draft picks. If so then that’s when someone like Tomlinson if available still comes into play to take as a Rookie.
This is all based on the assumption that no one else is cut.

Almost certain there will be only one DFA likely Membrey. Take 3 picks to draft and maybe one will be traded out on the night to improve our 2025 draft picks. If so then that’s when someone like Tomlinson if available still comes into play to take as a Rookie.
I'm hoping we still delist Long to give us the extra flexibility and because I think 3 is a good number at the draft (or 2 and a young SSP) and I want us to get Thomlinson.

2024 KP (or plays KP) exited = Murphy (193), Kreuger (196), Eyre (199)

notional replacements
  • Kreuger: Smit /Steene (circa 200/1) - expectation they'll step in as backup instead of Kreuger
  • Murphy: Tomlinson (192) or Reef (194 - if he's trialled as medium defender)
  • Eyre: hopefully we take a project tall (or three) in draft

Can't do that (trade out a pick in the ND and only use two picks) without a rookie promotion, must have at least three additions to the senior list each year.

Can't do that (trade out a pick in the ND and only use two picks) without a rookie promotion, must have at least three additions to the senior list each year.
I was meaning we can pass on our last pick and then promote a rookie after the draft as the third addition.

Remove this Banner Ad

2025 List changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back