2025 List changes

Remove this Banner Ad

I seem to recall we did this with #30 and kept it vacant the year prior to Darcy being drafted.
Yep. We also effectively held #35 open in case Josh Daicos wanted it when he joined by introducing the weird rotation of the number in honour of 'Presti'... So obviously was just to make sure we could have the number available if a Daicos wanted it.

And we magically abandoned the custom when Nick took the number...

Okay, so we don’t need to delist anyone else, but can only resign one of Reef, Dean, and Long if we want any to stay. The others would need to be re-drafted. Am I right?
No. They can all be re-signed and kept on their current lists.

If we assume they've been re-signed:

We currently have 34 on the senior list and 4 on the rookie list.

You can have a maximum of 42.

Where it gets complicated is you can have 36-38 on the senior list. But there's a salary cap advantage to having 36, as rookie base salaries aren't included in the salary cap.

At the moment we have 4 vacancies (more if any of the unannounced get delisted)- they can all be senior list vacancies if we want.

Yep and there are just so many categories and versions of everything!!
Assuming no one else is cut.
Leave Parker out of the numbers as a Cat B and we will get to 42 players
Currently 38.
We will pick up a DFA and take the 3 picks to the draft.
If on the night we decide only to use 2 like last year then we have a free spot to fill over summer.

Assuming no one else is cut.
Leave Parker out of the numbers as a Cat B and we will get to 42 players
Currently 38.
We will pick up a DFA and take the 3 picks to the draft.
If on the night we decide only to use 2 like last year then we have a free spot to fill over summer.
I won't be surprised if we try to sell one of the picks into next year's draft.

Think that is likely to happen if we get a decent offer as we will want more points for McGuane.
And all the talk of the draft makes it sound like one where there will players late that clubs want and will pay to move up.

Likely to be able to swap a F3 for a F2 or something like that

Based on Dan McStay, I’m hoping we see HH back around mid season.

I don’t think there is a need to rush the kid unlike mcstay. Take all the time he needs, even if it’s the full 12 months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They wouldn't need to put hh on the injury list. We've got 4 vacancies. 2 draft and 2 mature would do it. Or 3 draft 1 mature.
i'm missing something

so 37/5/2 or 38/4/2

34 currently including Perryman & Houston (which gives us 4 max to 38)
36 if you we go +2 at the draft
37 if we access Membrey +1 as DFA
38 if we take only one of Tomlinson or Hayes as DFA

which leaves the other one to potentially be picked up as rookie (via SSP) ..but we already have 4 rooks (Smit, Sully, Dean, Long) so that won't work cos of the 42 rule

and 2 cat B's being Parker & Condon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i'm missing something

so 37/5/2 or 38/4/2

37 if we access Membrey +1 as DFA
38 if we take only one of Tomlinson or Hayes as DFA

which leaves the other one to potentially be picked up as rookie (via SSP) ..but we already have 4 rooks (Smit, Sully, Dean, Long) so that won't work cos of the 42 rule

and 2 cat B's being Parker & Condon
If we only draft 2, we have to promote a rookie. Meaning we'd have a rookie vacancy after the national draft.

If we only draft 2, we have to promote a rookie. Meaning we'd have a rookie vacancy after the national draft.
i'm still not there ...

so 37/5/2 or 38/4/2

37 rookie upgrade (let's say Smit)
38 if we access Membrey +1 as DFA

which leaves both Tomlinson and Hayes to potentially be picked up as rookie (via SSP) ..but we already have 3 rooks
(i. Sully, ii. Dean, iii. Long) so that won't work cos of the 42 rule

in my mind, HH would need to be LTI'd to contemplate both Tomlinson and Hayes, which i think is a fair play given our dearth of key defensive back-up

i'm still not there ...

so 37/5/2 or 38/4/2

37 rookie upgrade (let's say Smit)
38 if we access Membrey +1 as DFA

which leaves both Tomlinson and Hayes to potentially be picked up as rookie (via SSP) ..but we already have 3 rooks
(i. Sully, ii. Dean, iii. Long) so that won't work cos of the 42 rule
Oh sorry. I'm only talking about adding 2 of the mature talks. Are you talking about adding all 3? I can't see that happening.

Remove this Banner Ad

2025 List changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back