2025 List changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Only thing I don’t think is right is you have gone 38/5 with one Cat B. Think the maximum of senior and Cat A is 42 with the possibility of 2 Cat B’s
total list size 44

senior max 38 (min 36)
cat A up to 6
cat b up to 2

these were splits end-23, not 100% if they've changed ..don't think they have

His manager indicated it would happen probably early 2025
Call me twitchy, but if I am a list manager and I want Condon as a Cat B, I want him signed asap into the footy year. Get the fish in the boat. Bugger all financial cost.

Unless there is some college sports thingamajig that prevents this. But it doesn't sound like there is?

How would we know lol

Poor kid didn't even get a chance to show it

Makes me even more annoyed we didn't take Sofronidis
It was his fourth year of VFL. He may have only played half a season, but he did need to come in and show that he was at least a decent VFL player. He didn't do that. Like Freddie, you'd field him at fine leg. Not a great catch.

You need 3 for the draft (senior list spots)
We've actually got 4 senior vacancies at the moment. The ability to go from 36 to 38 is 2 vacancies if you are down to 4 or below on the rookie list.

We might not do any silly buggers with shifting to the rookie list. Leaving the one list vacancy for DFA that Leppa mentioned.

Call me twitchy, but if I am a list manager and I want Condon as a Cat B, I want him signed asap into the footy year. Get the fish in the boat. Bugger all financial cost.

Unless there is some college sports thingamajig that prevents this. But it doesn't sound like there is?
Yeah, but if you're Condon you're still dreaming of slaying it this year and joining the NBA so you're not doing anything until after March.

We've actually got 4 senior vacancies at the moment. The ability to go from 36 to 38 is 2 vacancies if you are down to 4 or below on the rookie list.

We might not do any silly buggers with shifting to the rookie list. Leaving the one list vacancy for DFA that Leppa mentioned.
Still think AJ is more likely than not to be shifted to the rookie list. We will probably be hoping someone takes him to free a spot. Also think we may only take 2 picks on draft night like last year and hold a spot for SSP.
That would keep 36/6 but as you said we do have up to 4 senior vacancies at the moment and could just go 38/4

Still think AJ is more likely than not to be shifted to the rookie list. We will probably be hoping someone takes him to free a spot. Also think we may only take 2 picks on draft night like last year and hold a spot for SSP.
That would keep 36/6 but as you said we do have up to 4 senior vacancies at the moment and could just go 38/4
I was thinking the same re moving AJ to rookie list, but it might be a philosophy thing.

We're in favour of it, because we've written AJ off. Not the best message for the coaches to be sending a player at the start of the year, for either that player or his impact on the group.

The advantage of shifting him would be a rookie base wage saving on the salary cap. The disadvantages are the message you're sending it's potential impact and also he's talented, if he does click you would have turned him into a DFA and will have to pay overs to keep him. Might be best to just wear the salary cap

H.Harrison may be moved to LTi early Jan(?) which might be the SSP opportunity for Hayes / Tomlinson

You can’t
You need to take 3, or 2 including promoting a rookie.
But 3 need to go onto the senior list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Confused Rooster Teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

Me, trying so hard to understand list management

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

2025 List changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back