Resource 2025 Membership - it started with an Invoice

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, my games to cost attendance ratio is surprisingly high. With the surge in food costs in Melbourne this year, however, the bangers and mash in the premiership club was was quite cost competitive.
And there were free pies once!

Real potatoes?

2 family members that I used to buy 5-game memberships for.

Last year I was given the choice of 3 or 11 because they rationalised the number of options for "convenience" and ditched the 5 game option. So I switched them to 3 games.

This week I got an invoice for 11 game memberships for them. And it's up to me to call and change it if it doesn't suit.
Jenn Watt FTW!

Checked my 2025 invoice and was really pissed to see the Digital Roo membership was being increased from $250 to $350 for next season. I initially thought there might have been some kind of mistake until the membership department told me that the increase was due to Kayo raising their subscription costs for next season. Obviously not the club’s fault, but it’s a terrible outcome for interstate members. My subscription doesn’t expire until May/June next year, so I won’t be renewing with Kayo after that because their service is shithouse anyway.
40% increase, 8 times the rate of inflation, we can thank the amazing new TV deal the AFL is so proud of in part for that.

Blokes getting to run around playing the game we all love who are already getting paid probably ten times what most of us make, are going to get even more in the coming years, executives supposedly running the AFL for the good of the game are making even more and we get stuck with the bill, all served up on the dumpster fire that is Kayo!

It isn't the club's fault and will be the same across all clubs, but it would be good if the club even made some sort of a statement or representation to the AFL on behalf of its members, particularly given how few free to air games we get.

40% increase, 8 times the rate of inflation, we can thank the amazing new TV deal the AFL is so proud of in part for that.

Blokes getting to run around playing the game we all love who are already getting paid probably ten times what most of us make, are going to get even more in the coming years, executives supposedly running the AFL for the good of the game are making even more and we get stuck with the bill, all served up on the dumpster fire that is Kayo!

It isn't the club's fault and will be the same across all clubs, but it would be good if the club even made some sort of a statement or representation to the AFL on behalf of its members, particularly given how few free to air games we get.
Sadly, the only stakeholders in our great game, with no power and no voice, are us, the supporters.

Equally as sad, is the fact that there's no way to institute change.

Lachlan Murdoch sends his condolences.

I’ve received emails for my mine and my son’s membership however, when I select ‘View Membership’ it shows “no invoice to pay at the moment”. Is this normal? I can’t remember which memberships we have and I was looking to compare a few options ( we live interstate and don’t get to many games..)

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’ve received emails for my mine and my son’s membership however, when I select ‘View Membership’ it shows “no invoice to pay at the moment”. Is this normal? I can’t remember which memberships we have and I was looking to compare a few options ( we live interstate and don’t get to many games..)

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Give them a call

Somethings not right

We are excited to introduce the Heart of Arden Member Honour Board, a new initiative that recognises and honours the loyalty of our long-standing members of five-plus consecutive years. This board will proudly display the names of members who have shown unwavering support for our club, reflecting the strength of our community and the passion that drives us forward.

We invite you to head to our website, where we’ll recognise the 2024 members whose contributions to the Kangaroos are displayed with pride.
To view your name, simply head to your member tier and search alphabetically. To learn more about the different tiers and your entitlements, click here.

Your support truly makes a difference, and we are proud to have you with us on this journey.

VIEW THE HONOUR BOARD

If you haven't renewed already, when your membership rolls over on October 15 and if you are a member for five consecutive years or more, your name will automatically be listed on the 2025 honour board.

Go Roos!

We are excited to introduce the Heart of Arden Member Honour Board, a new initiative that recognises and honours the loyalty of our long-standing members of five-plus consecutive years. This board will proudly display the names of members who have shown unwavering support for our club, reflecting the strength of our community and the passion that drives us forward.

We invite you to head to our website, where we’ll recognise the 2024 members whose contributions to the Kangaroos are displayed with pride.
To view your name, simply head to your member tier and search alphabetically. To learn more about the different tiers and your entitlements, click here.

Your support truly makes a difference, and we are proud to have you with us on this journey.

VIEW THE HONOUR BOARD

If you haven't renewed already, when your membership rolls over on October 15 and if you are a member for five consecutive years or more, your name will automatically be listed on the 2025 honour board.

Go Roos!
This is a good move by the Club. Looking at the lists it shows.
5-9 year members 3,683
10-19 year members 10,852
20-29 year Members 3,683
30-49 year members 1,194
50+ year members 342
Total 19,754

There will be many members who have taken breaks during their life and as such will have been members for more years than shown.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2025 Membership - it started with an Invoice

Remove this Banner Ad

Back