• 3rd South Australia Team

Votes: 59 9.4%
  • 3rd Western Australia Team

Votes: 203 32.2%
  • Other

Votes: 29 4.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The smart move would be to grant Carlton a second license in Perth.

We've got a huge fanbase over there.

And we're good enough to field two teams both of which would play finals.

You could even bring back the light blue jumper and the 2000s Carlton logo to save money on design. Refer avatar.

You're welcome Dillon.

Yeah they’d be good secondary markets. Would love to see the Saints tap into the Riverina market.
Would be interesting if there was infrastructure at Dandenong that St. Kilda or Hawthorn play cpl of matches over there as well and then you would have the Melbourne centric clubs, Western Bulldogs at Ballarat PT, North Melbourne in Bendigo PT, St. Kilda / Hawthorn Dandenong PT, GWS in Canberra / Riverina PT and then the rest of the interstate clubs.

*- Part Time.

You could even bring back the light blue jumper and the 2000s Carlton logo to save money on design. Refer avatar.

You're welcome Dillon.
How about we relocate Carlton to Perth instead and Canberra can get that 20th licence so everyone is happy ;)

You're welcome Dillon.

The expectation there would be that your teams would be good enough to regularly play finals not a year here and there

Would be interesting if there was infrastructure at Dandenong that St. Kilda or Hawthorn play cpl of matches over there as well and then you would have the Melbourne centric clubs, Western Bulldogs at Ballarat PT, North Melbourne in Bendigo PT, St. Kilda / Hawthorn Dandenong PT, GWS in Canberra / Riverina PT and then the rest of the interstate clubs.

*- Part Time.

Except for 3 clubs most teams have outgrown boutique stadiums. Dont expect hawthorn to replace Launceston with somewhere else.
Maybe still play there reduced games. It always should have been 3 maximum

Except for 3 clubs most teams have outgrown boutique stadiums. Dont expect hawthorn to replace Launceston with somewhere else.
Maybe still play there reduced games. It always should have been 3 maximum

Hawthorn, St Kilda, Melbourne and Western Bulldogs are all candidates for boutique stadiums.

Yeah I have always wondered why the AFL haven't taken more advantage of what is a pretty big regional city.
A bit like Ballarat was, its a matter of venue. Bendigo would be a good option for North, all the death-riding shits in the media (ahem, caro) trying to move and kill clubs wouldn't be able to call it a relocation option, it gets back to all home games being in Vic.
But Queen Elizabeth Oval isn't much of an advance on Newcastle #1 or Wagga's Robertson Oval in terms of readiness to host season-proper AFL games.
Although, its probably as good as Traeger or Mount Barker. So, maybe.

For a third WA franchise, I suggest that instead of a geographical location, they simply call themselves, "The Quokkas" ala the Dolphins in the NRL.

This would be good as they would be able to draw in fans from all over the country without geographical ties, while still being the WA3 team and serving that purpose.

Quokkas AFL would seriously be an elite sporting brand.

For a third WA franchise, I suggest that instead of a geographical location, they simply call themselves, "The Quokkas" ala the Dolphins in the NRL.

This would be good as they would be able to draw in fans from all over the country without geographical ties, while still being the WA3 team and serving that purpose.

1712128859585.gif

Yep. Be deadset 5hitting yaself playing this mob every week.

It is a cute animal that I never even knew existed, but it doesn't exactly roll off the tongue.

Why would they not use the name 'Perth', it's bloody obvious being the only stare without a city named club, it's there for the taking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm gonna suggest Geelong. Now think about it....

It's a one team town currently and that does wonders for your fundraising and sponsorship deals, makes it a very rare target for media scrutiny, it also makes your club a VERY desirable destination for players seeking a less stressful lifestyle (ala Patrick, Jezza and Ollie Henry). By locating a second club in the Geelong region that startup club would have access to the same "regular production line of young players" that GFC currently enjoys and it would finally make the Cats have to compete on the trade table.

It could be located in Torquay and share Kardinia Park for its home games. Geelong isn't much different (in footy parlance) to Adelaide or Perth and they BOTH have multiple teams.

I think a second AFL side based in Geelong and the surf coast would be great for footy, the Armstrong Creek population explosion means thousands of people live and work in the surrounding regions and they could have their very own team.

;);)

How would the name 'Perth City' work for a WA3?

Considering teams in prolific leagues have City in their names. Kansas City, Oklahoma City, Manchester City.

Norwood being the third SA team is just fantasy.

SA's southern region is severely underrepresented, and the South Adelaide Panthers can fill that void.
But South Adelaide isn't a strong team in SANFL.

The only thing South Adelaide has is other than Port, is being the only inaugural team, and they may hold that solitary title if Port leaves to VFL as rumoured.

Talk of a 3rd SA team is laughable, WA would have a better case for a 3rd team.

But I don't think either of those states should be the 20th team.

Darwin/NT or Canberra would be my vote if the AFL truly wants to continue to grow the game around the country.

Norwood being the third SA team is just fantasy.

SA's southern region is severely underrepresented, and the South Adelaide Panthers can fill that void.

Haha the same 1 team out of 9 (or 10) that represents the entire southern region of SA, barely ever makes finals, last flag was 1964?

Yeah, get them in.

Darwin/NT or Canberra would be my vote if the AFL truly wants to continue to grow the game around the country.
Canberra for me and then GWS put all energy into West Sydney.

Haha the same 1 team out of 9 (or 10) that represents the entire southern region of SA, barely ever makes finals, last flag was 1964?

Yeah, get them in.
Just for clarification, the club wouldn’t be entered as the 20th slot at all and would probably be long shots as the 21st and 22nd as well given the AFL’s preference of WA3 and NSW/QLD.

South Adelaide would just be the better option for SA3 instead of Norwood given the lack of geographical area represented in the AFL competitions currently with Norwood overlapping the Crows / Power support.

Food for thought really but it won’t happen for another 40/50 years unfortunately.

I'm gonna suggest Geelong. Now think about it....

It's a one team town currently and that does wonders for your fundraising and sponsorship deals, makes it a very rare target for media scrutiny, it also makes your club a VERY desirable destination for players seeking a less stressful lifestyle (ala Patrick, Jezza and Ollie Henry). By locating a second club in the Geelong region that startup club would have access to the same "regular production line of young players" that GFC currently enjoys and it would finally make the Cats have to compete on the trade table.

It could be located in Torquay and share Kardinia Park for its home games. Geelong isn't much different (in footy parlance) to Adelaide or Perth and they BOTH have multiple teams.

I think a second AFL side based in Geelong and the surf coast would be great for footy, the Armstrong Creek population explosion means thousands of people live and work in the surrounding regions and they could have their very own team.

;);)

And Collingwood still wouldn't travel and play at KP.

4/10 weak sauce ;):cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Expansion 20th AFL team location

Back