AFL Player #21: Dyson Heppell

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope we keep him for one more year. Was good at the end there, and is a great leader. My god we are in no position to wish away our leaders.
What evidence is there of him being a great leader? Good bloke doesn’t equal great leader, the piss poor standards of the club I don’t think are a great reflection on him

are you talking about his Ibiza work specifically? because that’s kind of secondary at this point.

Heheh no , I met him at some Kia Dealership functions and just a superb person .
Remembered my name even though it was two months prior to the first meeting ( no I had no name badge on !).
I’d love him at Richmond !

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What evidence is there of him being a great leader? Good bloke doesn’t equal great leader, the piss poor standards of the club I don’t think are a great reflection on him
Not interested in blaming one person for our poor standards. More interested in rewarding someone for standing by the club through the saga, fronting the media time and time again through adversity, and by all reports being a terrific trainer… as well as great person.

Not interested in blaming one person for our poor standards. More interested in rewarding someone for standing by the club through the saga, fronting the media time and time again through adversity, and by all reports being a terrific trainer… as well as great person.
He missed a year, we’ve played him for 2 too many and he was injured for the 2 years prior to that. We’ve paid him back as much as he’ll get. Let’s move on from the saga.

Well I’m convinced sounds like a great leader

Essendon skipper Dyson Heppell kicks property goal with $3.46 million sale​

By Melissa Heagney

https://www.domain.com.au/11-melale...ation&utm_medium=driver&utm_content=position2

Captain of AFL club Essendon, Dyson Heppell, has kicked a property goal by selling his Albert Park investment property for $3.46 million – more than triple the price he paid for it less than a decade ago.
The three-bedroom terrace at 27 Greig Street, initially passed in on a bid of $3.38 million, before the buyers, a young professional couple, negotiated a post-auction deal. The home had price expectations of $3.3 million to $3.5 million.

The three-bedroom Albert Park home sold for $3.46 million post-auction on Saturday.

Two bidders competed for the property but only after a vendor bid of $3.3 million was made. Bids of $25,000, $9000 and $1000 then took the property to its pass-in price before negotiations began.
Heppell, who has played more than 210 games with the Bombers, purchased the Albert Park home in 2014 for $1,067,500, records show.

The investment property, which was once home to Heppell, has been renovated since.

Heheh no , I met him at some Kia Dealership functions and just a superb person .
Remembered my name even though it was two months prior to the first meeting ( no I had no name badge on !).
I’d love him at Richmond !

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
You took conca !!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Realistically he’s 25th-28th best so if he is picked on that basis then him hanging around next year isn’t a bad thing.
No he isn’t
he is slow and is quite frankly taking the spot of someone who may be part of our future
he isn’t an outstanding on field leader but a great bloke
he has made his money out of footy and should be released

For clarity foj1, I’m in the camp that thinks he should relinquish the captaincy. You see all the champion retirees this year and half of them are bowing out before they decline to an embarrassing level. Best outcome for all, including for Heppell, would be to do the same. But him hanging around another year and being 2nd tier depth IMO is ok. He should play only if we have a load of injuries.

No he isn’t
he is slow and is quite frankly taking the spot of someone who may be part of our future
he isn’t an outstanding on field leader but a great bloke
he has made his money out of footy and should be released

He's rumoured to have been offered a bargain basement contract as a guy who's on the fringes of the Best-22 that works as hard as possible within his limitations, at a club lacking senior players, experience, leadership, and struggling to make the salary cap floor.

We've got plenty of list spots available without Heppell retiring.

So long as he's not Captain, and knows he'll likely be spending a lot of time in the VFL, it's not a big deal.

Should be moved on. Makes selection harder for the new coach next year and provides negative talking points.

Has no real value in the side, especially a rebuilding side. We need to construct the backline for the next 5 years and see who is part of that.

I am a big fan of his work but the finals have shown us that you need some pace to play at half back and his time is up.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #21: Dyson Heppell

Remove this Banner Ad

Back