AFL Player #21: Dyson Heppell - Goodnight, sweet prince. What a legend! šŸ¤™ - 24/8

Remove this Banner Ad

hm, that must be it. Not sure why he'd play for Leongatha when Gold Coast have a much better offer in a much better league though.

Bonus points because Gold Coast isn't full of Richmond-esque or ex-Essendon players, so he'd get quite a different experience if he coached there. I think Solly was there for a bit but he's at GWS now.

I'm actually not all that convinced the Suns want him, lot of media hot air to decipher and the landscape of the deal keeps changing with no real official weight behind any of the statements except for media mumuring...

I'm actually not all that convinced the Suns want him, lot of media hot air to decipher and the landscape of the deal keeps changing with no real official weight behind any of the statements except for media mumuring...
Where there is smoke..

There is usually a player manager trying to put pressure on.

Suns don't actually have a "midfield" coach - he could do that

Rhyce Shaw seems to do all the player development stuff and the Suns young players love him the same way the Tigers and Demons love Choco

ā€œMy information is that Dyson Heppell had got used to the idea of going up to the Gold Coast, that it was more likely to happen than not. Heā€™d been sold the vision, heā€™d met with the Suns, he was entertained and excited by the prospect after having a portion of time to get used to that idea,ā€ Edmund said on SEN on Wednesday.

ā€œNow weā€™ve had a significant change. The Gold Coast, perhaps less enthusiastic than they were even 48 hours ago, and now weā€™ve got Essendon more enthusiastic than they were 48 hours ago.

ā€œItā€™s like the old pendulum has swung. All signs point to Dyson Heppell staying on an improved offer from Essendon.ā€

Ffs, Essendon being Essendon....

This is a critical moment in club history. I have been a huge fan of Dyson and thinks he's probably in the best 5-10 odd players over the past 20 years.

But his decline is so obvious, the game moving into a different space doesn't work well for him. This is a clear cut tough decision we need to make.

It's either cheap as chips, one year deal to see out a great career and pass the baton on.. or its more of the same crap we've seen with the likes of our other old players wanting to go on for ever and we buckle.

I don't think you could have him and Smith on the list next year. Heads need to roll if that is the case.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a critical moment in club history. I have been a huge fan of Dyson and thinks he's probably in the best 5-10 odd players over the past 20 years.

But his decline is so obvious, the game moving into a different space doesn't work well for him. This is a clear cut tough decision we need to make.

It's either cheap as chips, one year deal to see out a great career and pass the baton on.. or its more of the same crap we've seen with the likes of our other old players wanting to go on for ever and we buckle.

I don't think you could have him and Smith on the list next year. Heads need to roll if that is the case.
He needs to be paid out and leave more than Heppell IMO. Degenerative knee/s should be enough to make that call.

I said recently Hepp should get a one year deal with the option to go into coaching be it VFL, AFLW whatever.

One year is as long as he should get.
Have no problem if there are triggers for a 2nd year, as long as he earns his games on merit, not gifted.

Also, i have no problem if he took an offer such as the one GC apparently offered.

Hepp needs to do what's best for him, as does the club. Who will blink first?

One year is as long as he should get.
Iā€™d love to see him play the year without the burden of the captaincy - he could become a revelation. your posting improved 10-fold after you gave up your modding!

Just give him the 2 years.
He's been in our best consistently in the back half of this year.
His body is holding up well. It not like he has Devons shot knees.
He's only just turned 30.
He's not keeping anybody better out of the side.
Absolutely no reason not to.

I see a lot of Heppell hate. But there is no stats or evidence to substantiate it. It seems like it's just "cos".

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #21: Dyson Heppell - Goodnight, sweet prince. What a legend! šŸ¤™ - 24/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back