AFL Player #21: Dyson Heppell - Goodnight, sweet prince. What a legend! šŸ¤™ - 24/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Heppell is playing well and playing good football across the half-back. Is he a certainty to go on again next year?
He's playing okay football. But he's done.

Hes either too nice with having that chat to oscar a gun young player

Or hes very smart about the future and how that looks to not only Essendon but all clubs. It sounds like he has a deal at Essendon youd imagine in coaching/development ranks though
Maybe he's just not a jerk.

If heā€™s going to stay on as an assistant coach I wonder whether he could be convinced to turn out for the twos next year.

VFL side is an absolute shambles and as much as it is lacking in sheer quality, itā€™s equally lacking someone to direct traffic and marshall troops.

Would certainly have to swallow his ego but would help us no end.

If heā€™s going to stay on as an assistant coach I wonder whether he could be convinced to turn out for the twos next year.

VFL side is an absolute shambles and as much as it is lacking in sheer quality, itā€™s equally lacking someone to direct traffic and marshall troops.

Would certainly have to swallow his ego but would help us no end.
it would be great and if he was paid several hundred dollars to play/coach in the VFL it might cushion the blow somewhat

are player coaches out of vogue?

Neville Jetta is a dev coach at the Pies and still goes around most weeks. Canā€™t think of any other examples.

So I guess out of vogue but evidently gets decent results?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kenan Thompson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

He should retire. His form has been good but he is also costing us by taking up one of the half back spots. Would rather us find someone to take FB and allow Ridley to play the half back role in the shuffle up. Or Cox for that matter going forward.

He should retire. His form has been good but he is also costing us by taking up one of the half back spots. Would rather us find someone to take FB and allow Ridley to play the half back role in the shuffle up. Or Cox for that matter going forward.
Yeah, or keep him on as AFL depth and captain-coach of the VFL side or something

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #21: Dyson Heppell - Goodnight, sweet prince. What a legend! šŸ¤™ - 24/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back