AFL Player #21: Dyson Heppell - Goodnight, sweet prince. What a legend! šŸ¤™ - 24/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Had a great month which was topped by his Carlton game. Looked like peak Hepp again. Sharp, clean hands and used the ball well (minus 1 glaring clanger).
Big ups Dyson!

I mean it's still probably his last year despite his last few games being quite good. We really need to start giving Cox some AFL time in the next year or so and I think this is the role he's most suited to.
Cox needs to earn his spot, donā€™t gift anyone games because of where they were drafted. Hobbs was made to earn his spot and look at him now. Blokes like martin, Menzies and Durham have done it the hard way and you can see it how they play. Cox needs to get harder if he wants to play

I've been begging for him to retire, but he's made me eat my words the past month.
Same. Was upset the club gave him the contract for this year and his early season form didn't change my mind.

So happy to be wrong. Love to see he's changed his game style up to address his shortcomings. He's no longer holding the ball up looking for the long down the line, but is instead kicking inside for a 20-30m kick that opens up the play.

Effort and endeavour were never an issue, but now he's settled into a role in the team that plays to his current strengths

He even showed a bit of mongrel tonight.

Hats off to him, if he keeps this form up he could go again next year.
He did! I laughed my arse off watching the replay as late in the third he had an actual literal strut going on, sticking it to Carlton forwards and shoving them dismissively. God it was tasty!

Was his biggest critic early this year, but he has been spectacular for months now.

Wouldn't be upset whatsoever if he gets another year based on this form.

He did! I laughed my arse off watching the replay as late in the third he had an actual literal strut going on, sticking it to Carlton forwards and shoving them dismissively. God it was tasty!
Yeah loved that. At one point one of the Carlton players tried to milk a free after a bit of push and shove and the umpire just ignored it. Would never have picked him bringing that mongrel early in the season

Heā€™s still slow as hell and has very little ping left in his leg but he reads it exceptionally well, heā€™s smart and he knows his limitations.

He lives and dies by how much pressure we put on around the footy, and at the moment heā€™s living it up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah loved that. At one point one of the Carlton players tried to milk a free after a bit of push and shove and the umpire just ignored it. Would never have picked him bringing that mongrel early in the season
Was that at a stoppage in our defensive 50 in the 2nd half? If so, looked like a solid whack to the guys guts. I thought it was a flop at first so rewound it only to see what looked like a proper hit. Hard to tell as it wasn't directly in focus

coincides with a sore knee he's been carrying for about... 6 weeks Zach Package

Bloody oath he has. Doesnā€™t mean he should go on beyond this year.

Keep this up and he goes out with dignity and a spring in his step, the alternative is ugly.

Bloody oath he has. Doesnā€™t mean he should go on beyond this year.

Keep this up and he goes out with dignity and a spring in his step, the alternative is ugly.

Better to retire half a season too soon than go on half a season too long.
Iā€™m hoping he finishes up this year because heā€™s got a spot that we could easily slot Cox, Baldwin, Laverde, Mass, Reid, Tsatis, Hayes or Monty.

But, you could easily see them keeping him for ā€˜experienceā€™ if they feel that finals are on the cards next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #21: Dyson Heppell - Goodnight, sweet prince. What a legend! šŸ¤™ - 24/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back