AFL Player #21: Dyson Heppell - Goodnight, sweet prince. What a legend! šŸ¤™ - 24/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Dyson still putting in blocks of good performances and as an ex captain he is like a bomber dad out there and can still play a part in the leadership on field. Sure, can have shockers and bad passages of play like other players but his game this year has been more positive than negative and warrants regular selection. Last night is justification for him to go another year.
Whoa now. Let's not get carried away.

Please just retire him.

Even during his amazing run last night he missed Wright on the lead at the end of that 50m penalty.

Cox showed a lot last night. Ridley wasn't playing and McKay appears almost certain to be playing next season. A good game here and there isn't enough.

Time for Dyson to go.

Please just retire him.

Even during his amazing run last night he missed Wright on the lead at the end of that 50m penalty.

Cox showed a lot last night. Ridley wasn't playing and McKay appears almost certain to be playing next season. A good game here and there isn't enough.

Time for Dyson to go.

I'd have him for one more season, but knowing that he'll be phased out as Cox steps up.

So from last night's side, I'd replace Laverde with McKay and Cox with Ridley. Then throughout the year start replacing Heppell with Cox.

McKay gives Reid 2 or 3 years to get his body right, and if he's fit for a lot of that time be KPD depth.

Please just retire him.

Time for Dyson to go.
Are we definitely getting McKay?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh, sounds like you were actually sitting on the fence.
You know very well I wasn't, given I was asking you if there were any seats in GA and didn't even get to the ground until 10 minutes into Q1 šŸ¤£

One of those games where watching a replay will be required.

Best outcome would be that North "poach" him on a 2 year contract, we get Band 5 compo, he learns a bit under Clarkson, and if he wants to coach with us comes back with more experience and knowledge of how Clarkson sets things up.

:cool:

List spots are at a premium, canā€™t just give him another year to hang around and play VFL needs to be a genuine contributor because itā€™s going to be at the expense of a young player.

List spots are at a premium, canā€™t just give him another year to hang around and play VFL needs to be a genuine contributor because itā€™s going to be at the expense of a young player.

I think he could valuable depth on a list for another year. Would rather a happy Heppell playing VFL and coming in to cover injuries over a young kid drafted late for another year.

The issue is would Heppell be happy to do that.

Why do we think he would be happy playing VFL?
I've been happy with his contribution this year, far exceeded my expectations, but will be time to hang them up at season's end.

Why do we think he would be happy playing VFL?
I've been happy with his contribution this year, far exceeded my expectations, but will be time to hang them up at season's end.

AFL listed but playing VFL means he's still likely earning a few hundred thousand dollars for his efforts. I wouldn't be too unhappy with having an extra year or big money (by normal person standards) rolling around mostly in the VFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #21: Dyson Heppell - Goodnight, sweet prince. What a legend! šŸ¤™ - 24/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back