Player Watch #22 Jacob Hopper

Remove this Banner Ad

he had a shocking game today..
but trade talk is crazy and won't be considered.
A full pre-season and a injection of confidence in his body will pay off.
We can't draft new mid-field rookies and just throw them in the midfield with no big body protectors.
Where does the confidence come from though? Injury riddle season… again. Will be much the same next year I suspect.

800k player, should show signs of skill etc, no excuses.
It seemed like hopper and Taranto were brought in to help with clearances. I didn't love the trades in 2022, and with Prestia probably going around another year we need some speed in there. Bolton would be perfect I reckon. Anyhow see who we draft

Needs to work on his agility. Watching him trying to bend down to get a ground ball is like watching Grandad bending down trying to pick up Grandma's teeth.
If you had as many injuries as him Grandad your own teeth would fall out let alone picking grandmoms :mask:

He’s a B grade VFL player at best
dude
Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

Needs to work on his agility. Watching him trying to bend down to get a ground ball is like watching Grandad bending down trying to pick up Grandma's teeth.
He’s been injured a lot! Needs to get endurance fit over the off season. Correct me if I’m wrong but he hasn’t had an uninterrupted pre season since lord knows how long.
I can’t believe how far backwards his kicking ability has gone but I’m hoping it’s due to lack of conditioning due to no pre season and injuries, causing a lack of continuity.
He was a good ball user at the Giants, so he has the ability imo.

He’s been injured a lot! Needs to get endurance fit over the off season. Correct me if I’m wrong but he hasn’t had an uninterrupted pre season since lord knows how long.
I can’t believe how far backwards his kicking ability has gone but I’m hoping it’s due to lack of conditioning due to no pre season and injuries, causing a lack of continuity.
He was a good ball user at the Giants, so he has the ability imo.
You’d think form and kicking would get better with the ‘more conditioning’ he gets with more match play.
But it seems to get worse by the week.
He’s lowering the bar on expectations on a weekly basis.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we're going to be playing half a dozen 1st year kids next year you need guys like hopper alongside them.

The last thing we want is Dow being the senior midfielder :$
Prestia and Taranto will be there. MacAuliffe is plenty big/tough enough but needs to get some more run in him. He will be better next season, whether that is good enough time will tell.

Hopper is so slow that he can't find any easy ball. You can't have two identical types in a midfield these days, and Taranto is better.

The new kids will have to come into the midfield and go up against it. Draper is doing very well in the SANFL. Smillie is easily big enough. O'Sullivan class, Smith has done well in the VFL. I think from this year Campbell could run through there if Baker or Bolton goes. Even Green might surprise with another preseason, they are both one touch class players and another preseason, big enough.

Dow would have been better than Hopper on Saturday.

Prestia and Taranto will be there. MacAuliffe is plenty big/tough enough but needs to get some more run in him. He will be better next season, whether that is good enough time will tell.

Hopper is so slow that he can't find any easy ball. You can't have two identical types in a midfield these days, and Taranto is better.

The new kids will have to come into the midfield and go up against it. Draper is doing very well in the SANFL. Smillie is easily big enough. O'Sullivan class, Smith has done well in the VFL. I think from this year Campbell could run through there if Baker or Bolton goes. Even Green might surprise with another preseason, they are both one touch class players and another preseason, big enough.

Dow would have been better than Hopper on Saturday.
Donald Trump Lol GIF by Election 2020

Tigers fans are harsh on him because of what we paid for him. Thats not his fault. Yes, we paid overs. Yes, we really shouldn't have paid those overs for him. No, he isn't a dud.

As it stands, we need a new fitness department stat to get these guys fit and strong for next season. Taranto, Hopper and Prestia will be able to usher in our future moving forward, without having to rush them in.

Tigers fans are harsh on him because of what we paid for him. Thats not his fault. Yes, we paid overs. Yes, we really shouldn't have paid those overs for him. No, he isn't a dud.

As it stands, we need a new fitness department stat to get these guys fit and strong for next season. Taranto, Hopper and Prestia will be able to usher in our future moving forward, without having to rush them in.

Well, you don't pay a guy $700,000 or $750,000 to do a $150,000 job.
In life or in football.

Not harsh on him because of what we paid, sort of irrelevant once he was here. Sometimes you have to pay over for a good player. But he is too slow. Caddy was a good player, better than Hopper overall I think, but he was also slow and it let to his demise. Prestia still has a bit of zip and has been a great player, but no racehorse. Taranto may be no faster but has a bigger tank and does a lot of the heavy work. All 3 can't work together, well certainly not at the same time.

In a game that has gotten quicker and quicker, Hopper gets spread off so easily, and his creative side which may offset his negative is almost non existent, or was at least vs North. Had a bit of hope for him coming into the year, but very little to cheer about so far.

Been one of our biggest trading flops in years. (Probably since we got duded by Carlton for Chris Yarren)

So disappointing, I was so excited when we got him and Taranto as well.

He is either injured or we hear he is battling to get his body and fitness right since he first arrived.

GWS sold us a lemon.

Not harsh on him because of what we paid, sort of irrelevant once he was here. Sometimes you have to pay over for a good player. But he is too slow. Caddy was a good player, better than Hopper overall I think, but he was also slow and it let to his demise. Prestia still has a bit of zip and has been a great player, but no racehorse. Taranto may be no faster but has a bigger tank and does a lot of the heavy work. All 3 can't work together, well certainly not at the same time.

In a game that has gotten quicker and quicker, Hopper gets spread off so easily, and his creative side which may offset his negative is almost non existent, or was at least vs North. Had a bit of hope for him coming into the year, but very little to cheer about so far.
Add, Graham, Dusty and KMAC and you're truly exposed for speed all over the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #22 Jacob Hopper

Remove this Banner Ad

Back