Player Watch #22 Jacob Hopper

Remove this Banner Ad

He has skill. His body is so cooked though that he can't kick more than 40m without doing an injury.

I can see an early payout for Jacob coming down the track.
It's our only hope and have been saying it since early last year he will end up in the seconds and not finish his contract. It's so obvious he's physically struggling and now the game is so much faster he'll struggle more.

If we're going to be playing half a dozen 1st year kids next year you need guys like hopper alongside them.

The last thing we want is Dow being the senior midfielder :$
IIRC he's played 30 of a possible 66 games over the past 3 seasons.

Not gunna protect anybody if he can't get on the park for more than 40% of games.

Will be 28 in Feb. with 5 years left. Let that sink in.

horrible trade, taranto i can live with, Hopper absolutely worst trade for a while... we are gonna draft mids and hopper will either be injured, lose his spot and be in vfl or even worse will be keeping a kid out of team while not being able to kick the ball 40m and hitting every opposition player with his horrible ball skills. wish Geelong got him....
This guy turns 28 in Feb and has 5 yes 5 years remaining................ !!!!!!!!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most contested possessions on the field, 2nd most clearances, 3rd most disposals and went at 68%.

Some people will sook no matter what happens.
he and hopper are disposal whores, not much damage to be done.
Watch the game mate and forget the stats, theyre meaningless.

Worst mistake the club recently has made, remember when we got players like Houli & Grigg for nothing basically? yet we get this spud for what cost the farm...

It's our only hope and have been saying it since early last year he will end up in the seconds and not finish his contract. It's so obvious he's physically struggling and now the game is so much faster he'll struggle more.

In fairness he has had zero preseason and a very bad knee which then led to hamstring issues. Obviously that is effecting his disposal and motor. He looks like a bloke playing in the preseason at this stage but due to our poor footy department and how we have shown to manage players this year, we are playing him and smashing his confidence every week as he cant perform.

Go watch him at GWS, he is a talented mid, next year is a huge one for him

He was still ranked low overall in the AFL mids. He’s a ball butcher.

In 2023 He got 19 Brownlow votes and finished 17th in the coaches votes. So umpires ranked him top-10 in the league and coaches top-20.

Won the B&F. 15th in league in clearances. 11th in tackles. And kicked 19 goals which was 4th most by a pure midfielder.

I agree he’s not the best user of the ball, but neither is Danger, Fyfe, Cripps, Walsh, Anderson, Rowell … I won’t go on.

TT is a gun and we are lucky to have him and we’d do the same trade in a heartbeat.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #22 Jacob Hopper

Remove this Banner Ad

Back