AFL Player #22: Sam Durham

Remove this Banner Ad

22 - durham.jpg
Contract Status: Out of contract 2029
My Boy Draft 2024: Pick 15, Zach Package

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The awareness to just pump it through any of the sticks and not give the defenders a chance to stop a score was elite!

This is very underrated how many teams do you see trying to go for the perfect pass and lose the game.

I wonder if players are smart enough to know a point is better than a goal in that situation haha

This is very underrated how many teams do you see trying to go for the perfect pass and lose the game.

I wonder if players are smart enough to know a point is better than a goal in that situation haha
Like when Harry could have had a snap to put us 7-12 points ahead but handballed to a cluster if Freo players. You knew Durham would go for home once he was running into the 50

Continues to improve. He had developed a bad habit of using his left when he didn't need to and nearly did it in the fourth quarter while in the back pocket when we were under the pump.

But he stopped himself, got back on his right and found Merrett (I think?) with a really precise, important kick that bought us time to shift up the field. Great sign that he keeps working on his game even with all the improvement he's made this year.

I don’t like that he’s already been pushed out of the midfield in favour of shiel and parish

Tbf they're both better at clearances than Duz at this stage of his career. There'll be a permanent spot for Duz in the midfield sooner rather than later, and he still spent 35% of his time there.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #22: Sam Durham

Remove this Banner Ad

Back