Past #22: Todd Goldstein - has advised NMFC he will seek opportunity at Essendon in '24 - 316 NM games/156 goals/'15 SBM/'15 AA/most hitouts in lge history

Remove this Banner Ad

Always disappointing when long serving players leave.
We got the best years out of Goldy and now he's moving on.
My nephews use to love seeing him at the Harvey's Heroes days and he always accomodated their silly questions.

Great servant of the club, but all good things come to an end.

As for the turds on here potting him after 300+ games, * you all very much too; spiteful keyboard warriors who wouldn’t get a run in any game.
All of the desperate 'in the knows' need to show us they know something whilst telling us nothing.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Players to switch clubs after their 300th game

330 - John Rantall (South Melbourne -> Fitzroy) 1979
329 - Doug Hawkins (Footscray -> Fitzroy) 1995
316 - Drew Petrie (North Melbourne -> West Coast) 2016
316 - Eddie Betts (Adelaide -> Carlton) 2019
309 - Paul Salmon (Hawthorn -> Essendon) 2001
307 - Sam Mitchell (Hawthorn -> West Coast) 2016
305 - Luke Hodge (Hawthorn -> Brisbane Lions) 2017
302 - Gary Ablett (Gold Coast -> Geelong) 2017

Ablett, Salmon and Betts all went back to the club they started at. Rantall didn't play 300 games for South.

So now, only 5 players have played 300 games for one club, and then got let go to play elsewhere. Three of them (Hodge, Mitchell and Goldstein) were let go by Alastair Clarkson.

Thanks Goldy. Absolute bonified legend and superstar! You don't see many ruckmen if any in the modern day reach 315 games and look to continue on playing at a decent standard and level. Its going to suck big time seeing him in a * jumper but you'll be their best ruck by a long shot :) Could have sold us down the river a few times in search of a flag but stuck by us like the legend he is <3 100% love for big Goldy

There must be something wrong with me. I don’t feel anything. Great player, but he’s just about done. If he wants to play elsewhere good luck to him.

I'm sorta feeling the same tbh.

Great player, good guy but 36 next season at his new club and as we saw with Robbie and Higgo, the end can come fast.

The questions about not being in the leadership group don't really bother me, some personalities just don't mesh with it.

We will just have to make do with Xerri and CCJ. Clarko will throw them in the deep end now and back them/himself/the club to get the best from themselves - they'll basically have no choice but to improve.

Go well Goldy..except if you play us

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know he made the decision himself and could have stayed....but really Goldy's been pushed out.

Purely because of age.

He's durable, doesn't get injured, hasn't slowed done on his output.

Some would argue his output has slowed down but that's purely because his been sharing with X & Jones. Wherever he goes next year....if he's the number the 1 ruckman for that team...he'll go back to being a top 5 ruckman of the competition.

I respect that X tries but his tap work, marking, decision making and general skills are not par with Goldsteins.

I know he made the decision himself and could have stayed....but really Goldy's been pushed out.

Purely because of age.

Some would argue his output has slowed down but that's purely because his been sharing with X & Jones. Wherever he goes next year....if he's the number the 1 ruckman for that team...he'll go back to being a top 5 ruckman of the competition.

I respect that X tries but his tap work, marking, decision making and general skills are not par with Goldsteins.
Yeah it’s got that flip of a coin feel to it and the club have opted to go with youth. Tough call hope it works out but I’m thinking we’ll regret it ☹️

Thankyou Goldie you have been a colossal player for us. For those disappointed he is leaving please remember we have lost 40/44 games in the last 2 season and Goldie has played in most of them. We need a change and most likely so does he.

A loyal legend of our club,wish he could have finished with us but good luck to him next year,hope Clarko has another big man coming to us that we dont know about

Purely because of age.

Depends where he goes. You'd think he'd go somewhere guaranteeing him the head job.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

We might regret it for 12 months but I can't see him being a massive player at another club unless he goes to Cats or Port.
He ain't going to be part of our next premiership team. Best of luck to him but we need to find a ruck to pair with our younger mids whether that be Xerri or others through draft/free agency/trade in the next two years.

Last edited:
It's not like he'll haunt us for a decade.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
Mate I’m thinking the other way that it might take a decade to get our ruck stocks sorted out

To be brutally honest Father Time catches up with all of us and I wouldn’t be surprised to see his career end on a low note next season 😕

reckon he was done when he ran on with his kids in the GC game, but I wish him well, he’s given everything to North and is also giving a bit more by leaving and handing off to the next Gen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #22: Todd Goldstein - has advised NMFC he will seek opportunity at Essendon in '24 - 316 NM games/156 goals/'15 SBM/'15 AA/most hitouts in lge history

Remove this Banner Ad

Back