Past #23: Ben McKay - gone to * as RFA - NMFC awarded Band 1 pick #3 compo

Remove this Banner Ad

DY, can’t agree with you on your opinion of McKay. One of my favourites and one of our most highly performed and most consistent players
He is many around here’s favourites for doing what exactly? Seems a Low bar. What has he done? He’s 25? Turning 26 this year? In 6 years he’ll be on the out, retiring or heading to geelong for the retirement village on mega cash cheques in his back pocket from Frank Costa.

Whats his highest bnf finish been? 6th in 2021? Being a CHB/FB in a team thats been smashed year in year out? How many top 5’s he had? 1 top 10?

Last edited:
Dench is clear top. Then I'd have Roscoe and Martyn. Thompson next. I'd have him ahead of Tarrant.

Any earlier than Dench before my time.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
No surprise that Dench, Glendinning and Martyn are all in the club's team of the century. In an expanded all-time greatest team, Thompson doesn't displace any of them.

No surprise that Dench, Glendinning and Martyn are all in the club's team of the century. In an expanded all-time greatest team, Thompson doesn't displace any of them.
Is that the argument? In a ben “buckets” mckay thread? Turbo was a fan favourite because he played above his ability and gave everything on field for our club.

Why didn't you consult your contact within the club when you were peddling the Bailey Scott and Cam Zurhaar to leave rumours last year?
Didn’t Peddle anything? If go through my posts simply said Scott leaving was breaking on twitter (unsure how true ) and that it was well known Zurhaar to Essendon was likely pre Clarkson signing? As said, nothing set in stone but the phrase labelled for McKay was ‘gone’ and it comes from someone who sees him daily. Don’t throw the toys out of the cot because not the news you wanted. All the smoke suggests McKay is likely gone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smells of Port trying to drive his price up at our expense. Just when I thought it wasn’t possible to dislike that club any more than I already do.

Bloody hell North just sign him up already!!!!!

The club knows Ben well enough to know that he won’t be going interstate. It was hard enough getting him out of Gippsland when he was first drafted, he point blank refused to travel to Utah in his first preseason.

posted this in the death ride thread, but probably more appropriate here:
So Ben would rather move out of Melbourne, to Adelaide, and play with that sook, than stay in Melboune and play with his twin brother?? (if he really wanted to get out of NMFC, which I won't believe until he commits to that) I'm baffled by this, i doubt they'd have a ton of money to throw at him either...

posted this in the death ride thread, but probably more appropriate here:
So Ben would rather move out of Melbourne, to Adelaide, and play with that sook, than stay in Melboune and play with his twin brother?? (if he really wanted to get out of NMFC, which I won't believe until he commits to that) I'm baffled by this, i doubt they'd have a ton of money to throw at him either...

I reckon Collingwood is the team to be concerned. They’ve a gaping hole at FB, they claim to have money to spend, and could possibly sell Ben on the idea of playing at a bigger club than Harry. It seems that Harry hangs a bit of shit on North, so that might interest him.

But, it as only 12 months ago that their mum said that the “silver spoon” Carlton suited Harry and the “blue collar” North Melbourne suited Ben’s personality.

If he decided on Por Tarpelaide , then I be questioning his mental state.

I wouldn't begrudge him wanting out or waiting to see how the club goes. It would hurt if he left, I'd be disappointed for a period but life will move on just like it will with *** trade. If you want out you're not 100% committed.
I'd rather pay big money for a forward than a defender. Feel like you can acquire key defenders a bit like Swans and Dogs have.
I would think if he was to leave, teams like Cats, Blues, Pies, Tigers and possibly Swans would be preferred before a team like Port. Teams that are more successful and stable atm. Perhaps Gold Coast and Swans might appeal if he wants out of the Melb bubble as well.
Bombers I'm not sure he'd want to play under Brad who didn't really give him a chance all that much.
I reckon the decision might go very late in the season or even post-season.

bullshit.gif

Yep I remember the sack Wally Carter thread Passmore started after the 1950 GF loss.

And he was bloody harsh on Jock McCorkell imo.

I reckon Collingwood is the team to be concerned. They’ve a gaping hole at FB, they claim to have money to spend, and could possibly sell Ben on the idea of playing at a bigger club than Harry. It seems that Harry hangs a bit of s**t on North, so that might interest him.

But, it as only 12 months ago that their mum said that the “silver spoon” Carlton suited Harry and the “blue collar” North Melbourne suited Ben’s personality.

If he decided on Por Tarpelaide , then I be questioning his mental state.

Dunno why tbh but I'll be happy either way. Maybe the thought of 3 first rounders later this year is flipping exciting. Or the magic that could be worked with them.

or maybe these 3 could get the job done.

1. Logue 194cm
  2. Corr 195cm
  3. Dawson 196cm

Or maybe I feel that McKay is great/good when free wheeling but struggles when he's playing to a structure. At this stage and again happy for him to stay, just think and it is strange for a North player to be, well, overrated.

If I was a betting man I'd suggest he'll stay. All a moot point really.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #23: Ben McKay - gone to * as RFA - NMFC awarded Band 1 pick #3 compo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back