Past #23: Ben McKay - gone to * as RFA - NMFC awarded Band 1 pick #3 compo

Remove this Banner Ad

Well talk about a complete ******* derailment of the off-season. All within 72 hours
This is just my thoughts after what happened Saturday. Being one of the last guys thanking the fans and hugging Jen.

This is just my thoughts after what happened Saturday. Being one of the last guys thanking the fans and hugging Jen.

Hmm, that reads a bit more like taking your time to say goodbye in fairness.

Hmm, that reads a bit more like taking your time to say goodbye in fairness.
Yep, I get that argument also. But after the season we've had, I think it adds a little more touch. I reckon he wants to stay.

Yep, I get that argument also. But after the season we've had, I think it adds a little more touch. I reckon he wants to stay.

We can only wait and see old friend. If he's desperate to sign nothing stopping him doing that this week.

We can only wait and see old friend. If he's desperate to sign nothing stopping him doing that this week.
Not the body language of someone thats desperate to leave imo. Reckon he has a price that he wants us to meet.
But yes, I guess we will. I really hope he stays!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I keep hearing the club hasn't given him an offer. This kind of makes sense since he is a restricted free agent. If we offer less than other teams then we need to decide to match anyway. If we offer more than other teams then we get caught paying overs. There is no need to get caught in an early auction - just see what he is offered and if he still wants to stay THEN sit down and negotiate a contract. So the timing will be determined by when he gets the best and final offers from other clubs.

Money talks.

If he gets offered $800k x 5 by the COLA Cheats then that sets him up for life.

Wet Toast giving Barrass a shinny new Hungry Jacks franchise under the table and Paddy McCartin getting his 20th concussion recently gave BMac the perfect 'Bradbury' of his lifetime..

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #23: Ben McKay - gone to * as RFA - NMFC awarded Band 1 pick #3 compo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back