AFL Player #23: Harrison Jones - Clocks up 50th game v Gold Coast - 5/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Eddie Murphy GIF by Coming to America

If Weitering misses he probably gets a match up on probably the worst one on one defender I've ever seen (that gets regular games) in Plowman. Big chance to play well

Well his profile says he's now 196 and 88 so apparently lost weight since he was drafted. Charlie Curnow is 94 he should get to that at least.

Well his profile says he's now 196 and 88 so apparently lost weight since he was drafted. Charlie Curnow is 94 he should get to that at least.
Curnow is an absolute specimen though. Harry will never put on that much muscle. Agree he needs to put on some though, it'll come naturally, id keep him lean so he can use his running power to full advantage

Draft profiles have him at 74? He’s usually good for a few marks a game, just rusty from the time off. You could see his confidence and skill improved as the game wore on, mistimed the first couple of leaps but then caught the one in the pouring rain as if it were dry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hands down the skinniest draftee I can think of - no way he was 88kg when drafted. Wouldn’t have been much more than 70. Has already developed significantly.

He will naturally fill out to mid 90’s as he has a decent frame. Retaining his leap and running power should be the priority for Harrison.

Hands down the skinniest draftee I can think of - no way he was 88kg when drafted. Wouldn’t have been much more than 70. Has already developed significantly.

He will naturally fill out to mid 90’s as he has a decent frame. Retaining his leap and running power should be the priority for Harrison.

How have you forgotten Christian Bock?

bock.jpg

Look at those thighs.

Was great to see him back. Just found himself in the right place a few times, and good players seem to have that knack. When we played Tigers, they knew they just had to stop 2MP as not much chance of anyone else doing any damage to them. With Harry and Stringer in the F50 with 2MP, the opposition will have to think about match ups. Phillips gets into useful positions in the F50 too.

He was 78kg when he was drafted. How has he lost weight ?

So why is it wrong if it's updated multiple times a week?
Why is what wrong?

The graphic is accurate to January 2022, as I’ve said. VelvetSledge redoes them each year because we always have new players to make them for anyway, after team photo day when all the player’s profile photos, heights and weights are updated on the club website.

Sometimes the club edits one or two players randomly in the middle of the year, but if you want to know why they do that you’ll have to ask them.

Players do get different measurements depending on a range of factors, even and including that the spine compresses during the day and expands at night, and sometimes I reckon they stretch the tape too, so it’s not particularly unusual for the stats to fluctuate a little bit, and most of us don’t sweat on the difference. If you’re concerned about a cm or a kg difference then go check the club website yourself for the latest official numbers.

As for his draft weight, he was 74kg during his draft year according to rookie me central and 78 on draft night according to the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #23: Harrison Jones - Clocks up 50th game v Gold Coast - 5/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back