AFL Player #23: Harrison Jones - Clocks up 50th game v Gold Coast - 5/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Now he plays more of an interceptor role, but in his first couple of seasons he was absolutely playing roles on opposition KPFs and was given no where near the same leniency for mistakes from fans as Jones receives.

That's not to say Jones should get that level of derision, however he should be held accountable where warranted.
who cares what fans think. harry is a gun forward in the making and bzt will be on the journeyman trail by next year.

**** me did he get on his bike today, both with and without the footy.

Can be a superstar if he continues to work that hard, no one will be able to go with him

my 6 year old son said that Harry needs to practise his goal kicking after the game

this is true, it needs work. not his fault we lost though. hopefully he can remain injury free from now untilo the start of next season. it's so hard for guys who've missed a lot of football to come back in halfway through the season. look at Snelling, Jones, and Langford to a lesser extent.

In 2021 he kicked 20.6, 77% accuracy.

Up until last week he had kicked 10.4 in 2022, 71% accuracy.

And that’s 71% accuracy with buggered up feet and ankles for the better part of a year and therefore not a lot of kicking practice in between.

As far as goal kicking is concerned he’s the one who should be giving lessons to a few of the others.

No player goes 100% at goals they should kick, so on one hand Jones missed a goal that lost the game and that is a fact, but equally, his goal conversion is extremely good! (AFL Tables - Harry Jones - Stats - Statistics). He would have been one of the top 3 or 4 players I'd have kicking for that.
As I said, he’s the one who should be giving the lessons.

I looked up Wright as well, who seems pretty accurate. He actually only goes at about 60%.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No player goes 100% at goals they should kick, so on one hand Jones missed a goal that lost the game and that is a fact, but equally, his goal conversion is extremely good! (AFL Tables - Harry Jones - Stats - Statistics). He would have been one of the top 3 or 4 players I'd have kicking for that.
If we were 4 goals up or down Jones kicks the goal. There's nothing wrong with his kicking. It's the yips.

If we were 4 goals up or down Jones kicks the goal. There's nothing wrong with his kicking. It's the yips.
Wow, just wow.

Let's go through this;

21 years old Key Forward
24th AFL Game
Interrupted Season/Recently came back from injury
Pressured/Runs down a very seasoned and experienced Half Back, won a free kick, and against the flow of play he creates an opportunity to win the game from a set shot.

He then misses this set shot and you call him a choker.

You either know nothing about football or you're being wilfully ignorant.

Wow, just wow.

Let's go through this;

21 years old Key Forward
24th AFL Game
Pressured/Runs down a very seasoned and experienced Half Back, won a free kick, and against the flow of play he creates an opportunity to win the game from a set shot.

It's the latter.

Wow, just wow.

Let's go through this;

21 years old Key Forward
24th AFL Game

You've loaded your post up with excuses, which one is it?

I am stunned that with the time that was available to set up the ground while Jones wa staking his shot we couldn’t do so.

That Collingwood went coast to coast in about 15 seconds beggars belief.
That is one of the worst in game team for duck
We lost the game in the first quarter. Our disposal was atrocious which exposed us defensively.

On the plus side we controlled them completely for 2 quarters. Another 20 mins and we win by 30.

Lots to like.
we lost it in the last 30 seconds. We played 2 qtrs of good footy to cancel out the first quarter. To only take 20 seconds to go end to end untouched from a kick out after a set shot is a disgrace and all the leaders should hang their heads in shame.

That is one of the worst in game team for duck

we lost it in the last 30 seconds. We played 2 qtrs of good footy to cancel out the first quarter. To only take 20 seconds to go end to end untouched from a kick out after a set shot is a disgrace and all the leaders should hang their heads in shame.
On the surface, yes. What I am saying is we should have never been in that position. The game is 100 minutes and had we not given a 6 goal head start the last minute would never have happened.

Consistency over 4 quarters is what the good teams do.

Our link up play was poor in the last.

On the surface, yes. What I am saying is we should have never been in that position. The game is 100 minutes and had we not given a 6 goal head start the last minute would never have happened.

Consistency over 4 quarters is what the good teams do.

Our link up play was poor in the last.
Yeh correct but that’s not how games of football always play out, football is a game of momentum and these days once you have it, you can change the game in 25 minutes. Collingwood area good side and played a brilliant first qtr then when totally outplayed them for 2 qtrs and made them them look second rate. There’s not much between winning and losing and good passages of play or poor ones.

Why weren’t the team set up in case it happened? Which it did.
That is a different issue. They should have. Does not change the fact that forward misses set shot from 40 in front.

That is a different issue. They should have. Does not change the fact that forward misses set shot from 40 in front.
Your claim was - if he doesn’t miss, the rest doesn’t happen. Sounded like you were inferring the rest was Jones’ issue. I mean I’m not denying he missed the shot lol.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #23: Harrison Jones - Clocks up 50th game v Gold Coast - 5/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back