Past #23: Kieran Harper - delisted by the club (29/10) - will miss '16 VAFA season, surgery on ankle

Remove this Banner Ad

Might be a sneaky chance to be named next week... as an emergency.

Seems to have fallen out of favour with Scott so think he's still behind Nahas (and Garner) for a game. May be worth rolling the dice though...

We need pace.

I don't care if Gibson or Bastinac get 80 touches in the VFL, if we have them lining up on opposite wings with Ziebell, Cunnington and Swallow in the guts we are stuffed.

He is one of the only players with genuine pace on our list and should play this week along with Turner, Thomas and possibly Wood.

Gibson, Bastinac, Hansen can have a spell.

If we do go the route of resting 5/6 players this week, would it really hurt to give Harper a shot? Last game of the year, dead rubber (basically). However it is on the big stage, a Friday night against a quality opposition. He's being doing well in the VFL for probably well over a month now. Just give him a chance I say!

I've barely seen him all year and yesterday he was playing more inside, but has he lost a bit of zip?

Regardless, I'd love to see him have a full preseason without any injuries leading in to see where it takes him.

Yep, looks to have lost a yard (fair enough with the injuries). Like a lot of Nth supporters I'd like to see him back in the team but he just hasn't done enough as yet. Playing him as an inside mid is interesting but may not get him a gig in the ones. Surely Dumont is well ahead of him in the queue. And there's also that bloke called Wells...

1. Kieran Harper continued his recent good form, lively both close to goal and further up the ground. He collected 21 disposals and 10 tackles, even spending some time in at the centre bounces.

“We like to see him around the footy a fair bit,” Development Coach Jarred Moore told NMFC.com.au.

“He was more forward and then came up to the middle. The pleasing thing for Kieran was that he involved himself in the game for the whole day.

“To get his numbers he worked hard and got to the right spots which is something he’s been working on.”

Yep, looks to have lost a yard (fair enough with the injuries). Like a lot of Nth supporters I'd like to see him back in the team but he just hasn't done enough as yet. Playing him as an inside mid is interesting but may not get him a gig in the ones. Surely Dumont is well ahead of him in the queue. And there's also that bloke called Wells...

I agree it's not getting him back into the one's. Likely just getting some footy into him. Playing outside mid/hf at Werribee he's not going to see much of the pill.

He's seems to be in the best physical nick he has for three years. He's a long shot now, but I just want to see what a full preseason, where he's not starting in rehab can do for him.

Yep, makes him only the fourth fastest at the club now :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is still quick in a straight line but he has lost that quick step that he used to have. That goes with multiple ankle operations
I'd say with the tackle counts he gets he still has abit of that quick step. Watching him yesterday he's agility still looked good although not quite as good as a few years back.

How many from our team on the weekend could do that?? Higgins, Harvey, Atley? JMac? not many thats for sure..

It was 3 years ago, very possible that Harper can't even do that now.

Watch that clip and tell me he's not worth giving at least one more year.

All you muppets scream to bring in more running players into our side, and we've got a 23 year-old who has been severely disadvantaged by injury, busting his arse to get his body and his confidence right and you want to de-list?

Watch that clip and tell me he's not worth giving at least one more year.

All you muppets scream to bring in more running players into our side, and we've got a 23 year-old who has been severely disadvantaged by injury, busting his arse to get his body and his confidence right and you want to de-list?

Side step that we simply don't have at the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #23: Kieran Harper - delisted by the club (29/10) - will miss '16 VAFA season, surgery on ankle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back