Past #24: Levi Greenwood - officially traded to Collingwood FC for pick 25 (2014) - retires rd16 2021 due to concussion symptoms - go well Pig

Remove this Banner Ad

No he couldn't. McMillan plays a defensive winger/HBF role on the taller players. Levi would get smashed in the air.

Plus MacMillan is playing great football.

I'm very happy for him.

He could easily have dropped his bundle at times in the past 18 months, yet he puts his head down and represents whichever jumper he is wearing with nothing but 100%.

It again, just goes to show that playing in-form players never hurts, and as I said in the changes thread, he shouldn't have been dropped in the first place.

38 disposals means he can find the footy. But man did he butcher it by both foot and hand. And the interchange mistake................ So many on here talk about guys not having the skills to take us further, but in the same breath talk up Greenwood. However, fix that disposal (as he did to some degree in the seond half) then we have ourselves a player.

Only if he spends one on one time with Cunnington.

How good are Cunners hands?

I'm inclined to think that any footballer without excellent disposal skills should just not be selected in the seniors if we are serious about our next premiership. I have groaned when watching his sometimes abysmal efforts in passing the ball over the last couple of seasons, and I groaned again a few times today. However, his endeavour and hardness are very impressive, and he accumulates a lot of the ball. If he keeps putting in like today, he will have a long career. Hopefully his attack on the ball will also rub off on a few of the other senior players

I think Levi was trying too hard early to impress, it is a shame he has so much more pressure on himself to perform. When he settled down a bit he was really good.

I'm inclined to think that any footballer without excellent disposal skills should just not be selected in the seniors if we are serious about our next premiership. I have groaned when watching his sometimes abysmal efforts in passing the ball over the last couple of seasons, and I groaned again a few times today. However, his endeavour and hardness are very impressive, and he accumulates a lot of the ball. If he keeps putting in like today, he will have a long career. Hopefully his attack on the ball will also rub off on a few of the other senior players

So you think Adam Simpson should never have got a game for us? We need the inside mids to stop the opposition getting the ball.

I tend to agree with outside mids.

He is our second best competitor after JZ. His willingness to smash in today was Shinboner of old beautiful. Amazing to behold.

36% efficiency, 3 out on the fulls and 1 interchange spazz.

The second he doesn't show that manic desire he is first out of the team. Ultra important when on, ultra costly when off. It's a very fine line which he hasn't been capable of staying above for more than 2 weeks at a time.

Stop slagging his disposal. Admire his pure heart and soul playing style.

And I hope people notice his contested marking and his ability rip the ball out of a contest and feed it out while being tackled. Those are skills too folks. It's not just about standing by yourself and hitting targets 20 metres away.

I hope Levi stays and the club play him with Ziebs and Swallow in the side. I think they can work in well together.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm very happy for him.

He could easily have dropped his bundle at times in the past 18 months, yet he puts his head down and represents whichever jumper he is wearing with nothing but 100%.

It again, just goes to show that playing in-form players never hurts, and as I said in the changes thread, he shouldn't have been dropped in the first place.

It would hardlybhelp him if he dropped his bundle. He's not entitled to anything. He needs to keep plugging away

BR3U2p9CQAAStcN.jpg

It would hardlybhelp him if he dropped his bundle. He's not entitled to anything. He needs to keep plugging away

He's worked on his deficiencies and stuck to the cause at VFL level, week in week out and full credit to him for taking his limited chances this season.

Stop slagging his disposal.

He will never be Daniel Rich or Brad McKenzie and it will never be a standout feature of his game. Yet, it always seems to be the way that when he uses the ball well or makes good decisions (eg. first three games he played this season - 81%, 83.3%, 77%), it's overlooked and when he uses the ball poorly, well...

Scott was asked why he isn't in the side every week.

His answer was very underwhelming. Basically said it's a numbers thing and then went through a list of mids that he regards as first teamers and included Jacobs.

Levi should be asking for a trade.

Life's not fair sometimes.

Greenwood is one of many AFL players that need to keep proving themseleves while others get an armchair ride. Why would you want him to leave NMFC?

Was great tonight, just an absolute appetite for the contest. Loved it.

There were a few times tonight where I said wow out loud watching him attack the ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #24: Levi Greenwood - officially traded to Collingwood FC for pick 25 (2014) - retires rd16 2021 due to concussion symptoms - go well Pig

Remove this Banner Ad

Back