Past #24: Levi Greenwood - officially traded to Collingwood FC for pick 25 (2014) - retires rd16 2021 due to concussion symptoms - go well Pig

Remove this Banner Ad

Gutted for him...and annoyed and angry...a lot like George the barista.
does this guy happen to fart in brads general direction...is his mother a hamster...does his father smell of elderberries??
I ve loved him back in the team.

As members are we all a contingent of ownership?
Can we band together to create a class action?

I think there should be meetings every week that the members can attend so we can figure out WTF is going on?

I must be watching different games because the bloke we brought in to be our shut down tagger has been torn a new one in two matches and the other he was servicable (but his man still had 25 possesions). He is not the messiah and if he goes then good luck to him. I don't see him doing anything spectacular anywhere else. And furthermore when Brad first came to the club he raved about Levi, there's even video evidence somewhere of him talking him up at training. Lets face it his form at both AFL and particularly at VFL level isn't scintilating, servicable at best.

I've been silent and forgiving recently on the way the teams been going but no, not this time.

Levi has taken this chance back in seniors by the scruff and has been excellent. I would have had him best on against Richmond and far from worst last week.

This is a disgrace. I'm done with the way the non-perceived best 22 are treated. It's a squad for a reason and Levi is in the top half on exposed play.

Apply that criteria and most of the side should be heading to Werribee with him.
Not exactly KC. Levi was played as a specific role player. If his main task was shutting down Rich, then it's perfectly understandable that he may pay the price.

When will it get to the stage that Levi says "l want to be traded" ? Whats the situation with his contract. This guy bleeds North Melbourne and to get dropped again l'm just wondering if he's had enough of being in and out of the side regularly. With so many others playing , not even on merit, surely he wont be with us next year.
Who cares if he bleeds blue and white? His last 3 stopping roles have been failures - Gary Ablett - 43 touches, Nat Fyfe - BOG, Daniel Rich - BOG in 2nd half.
It's like when Stevo 'tagged' John Platinum in the '90's - need I say more?

I must be watching different games because the bloke we brought in to be our shut down tagger has been torn a new one in two matches and the other he was servicable (but his man still had 25 possesions). He is not the messiah and if he goes then good luck to him. I don't see him doing anything spectacular anywhere else. And furthermore when Brad first came to the club he raved about Levi, there's even video evidence somewhere of him talking him up at training. Lets face it his form at both AFL and particularly at VFL level isn't scintilating, servicable at best.
Very, very well said. He is not a tagger. That's a fact. He is not a quality midfielder. That's a fact. Sure, he might bleed blue and white and busts a gut when he plays, but to me, these aren't reasons enough to be given games at AFL level. At best, he is a back-up inside midfielder which we really don't need when we've got too many of them anyway.
Again, why we drafted Cunnington when we had JZ, Swallow, Levi and Adams on our list staggers me.

Possibly true, however why didn't the coach make a change in the third when rich started to dominate? Why does brad always throws his hands around whinging instead of being on the bloody phone barking instructions

How hard is it to understand to stick to your man? I like Levi but he was clearly not following instructions so had to be dropped.

Very, very well said. He is not a tagger. That's a fact. He is not a quality midfielder. That's a fact. Sure, he might bleed blue and white and busts a gut when he plays, but to me, these aren't reasons enough to be given games at AFL level. At best, he is a back-up inside midfielder which we really don't need when we've got too many of them anyway.
Again, why we drafted Cunnington when we had JZ, Swallow, Levi and Adams on our list staggers me.

He was best available, and Levi/Adams were far from sure things, which can be confirmed by their current place in the team and form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rich was one of the main catalysts for their win. If Levi's role was to run with and negate it was an epic fail. Not doubting his hardness but for mine he is behind Jack, Ben C, Basti and Swallow for inside mids and not good enough on the outside.

Unfortunately when you're in the 20-25 range (and he is, no matter how much people want to think of him as key) then you're going to be in the gun when selection night comes around.

I was crying out for Hine to switch onto Rich, but unfortunately for Levi, he is too much of a natural ball-chaser to be an effective shut down player, he's not good enough with the footy to be a constant threat in the middle and he doesn't really have another position.

I'd probably have kept him in to do the grunt work, but it's not really a role that goes in the 'first picked' basket.

at last some common sense. We love Levi for his grunt but grunt is not enough. Why can't supporters see that? You need grunt and skill under pressure.
I reckon supporters on Big Footy are too critical of our players in general. Given most of us could never get a kick, its amazing how we pan players like Hanson and Firrito and Tarrant and Greenwood without some more basic acknowledgement of how great they are to be on the list, despite their flaws (aka Greenwood) at the incredible level of AFL. We're critical bastards ...

It would appear Greenwood has been dropped for not playing to instruction (chasing kicks rather than sticking to opponent like glue)

In saying that all the "look at what his opponent has done" calls in those games are very unfair. He has just come out of a long stint in VFL then is expected to play on, and shut down, the best mids in opposition teams at AFL level - ridiculous expectations.

Just let him have say, 5 weeks as an inside mid with no tagging role and see what he can produce. Others in the team get seasons to show something resembling AFL quality. Especially now our season is done and dusted whether he is a limited type or otherwise - in fact I think Levi deserves it.

I've been silent and forgiving recently on the way the teams been going but no, not this time.

Levi has taken this chance back in seniors by the scruff and has been excellent. I would have had him best on against Richmond and far from worst last week.

This is a disgrace. I'm done with the way the non-perceived best 22 are treated. It's a squad for a reason and Levi is in the top half on exposed play.

its not a disgrace but disappointing for his admirers

How hard is it to understand to stick to your man? I like Levi but he was clearly not following instructions so had to be dropped.

well guess, what he didn't stick to his man in the third quarter but is it acceptable the coach just sat on his hands and sat back and watch the game, or is it his job to actually see what is happening and make a change?

at last some common sense. We love Levi for his grunt but grunt is not enough. Why can't supporters see that? You need grunt and skill under pressure.
I reckon supporters on Big Footy are too critical of our players in general. Given most of us could never get a kick, its amazing how we pan players like Hanson and Firrito and Tarrant and Greenwood without some more basic acknowledgement of how great they are to be on the list, despite their flaws (aka Greenwood) at the incredible level of AFL. We're critical bastards ...

Bang

Bang

If you actually want to look at how critical people are have a look at the threads ripping the WC or ADE games apart.

Hyper criticality at its finest happening there.

Alright, plenty of positivity from me over the past week in the face of ship that's been sinking this year but... f*** this.

Levi,

It's been great having you in the blue and white, and good luck wherever you go next. Leave the #24 in a bin somewhere so that the next love-child with his silver spoon can dig it out, before he's gifted three years worth of games to 'learn from his mistakes'.

who's been gifted games? this is a nonsensical charge repeated ad nauseum on big footy. name one player. if you can't stop slandering the footy coaches

All of big footy understand that Levi let Rich loose in the 3rd quarter last week, i think what everyone is not happy about is him being dropped yet other senior players continually to do nothing. If Brad was consistent in dropping players based on performance then all is good. Just seems he has his favorites and unfortunately this may cause bad blood between coach and players.

who's been gifted games? this is a nonsensical charge repeated ad nauseum on big footy. name one player. if you can't stop slandering the footy coaches

Adams was and still is being gifted games while he has admitted himself he is low on confidence, firrito, Liam Anthony, Wright where gifted games before finally being dropped. No consistency with brad atm.

Tonight is going to be a lose/lose situation for North. If North win Brad Scott will be all "we made they right decision with selections this week" therefore Greenwood will not play again next week. If North lose he will be like "we had a real important player to the side out tonight (referring to Firrito)", then one change next week will be Firrito in" I think Greenwoods future at north may be done. If hes a required player as they said during trade week last year, shouldn't he be in the side week in week out, whether his form is good or bad?

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #24: Levi Greenwood - officially traded to Collingwood FC for pick 25 (2014) - retires rd16 2021 due to concussion symptoms - go well Pig

Remove this Banner Ad

Back