AFL Player #25: Jake Stringer - Apparently keen on a move to Orange Team

Remove this Banner Ad

The entire point of a personalised program is so he doesn't breakdown...
If he genuinely followed the program than the fitness staff dun goofed.
We ****ed up his program.
The Dogs always had him on a modified program. It worked for a lot of the time but he also went of the rails several times.
For us he was good in 2018 and 2019. Nothing much off field and was pretty fit.
2020 was an issue . Started okay but got injured and lost the focus while he was stuck in Melbourne away from the side and support. He came back fat and unfit.
The last two seasons he has been spot on through December and early Jan . Really fit. Doing all the work but the workload was too much for him and he did not make round 1 and as soon as he can not fully train he puts on 5 or 6 kg and loses the fitness. From what I know his broken leg from his under 18 days gives him a running gate that puts pressure on other parts of his body.

We got seduced by his football ability to play midfield as good as most at his best but the fact is his body does not take midfield workload. Was nothing to do with him. He stuck to the program pre season. The ended up with major groin soreness. 2021 it took him 4 games to get going again after missing the first two games.

Last year he can back in round 2 but was not right and not ready. He played with groin soreness all season.

This year he has been on a slow build. Scott mentioned the fact that they have sacrificed some early conditioning work to build him up strength wise in other areas. He has had a bit of back soreness but is now back doing normal running and some ball work.

The Dogs always had him on a modified program. It worked for a lot of the time but he also went of the rails several times.
2020 was an issue . Started okay but got injured and lost the focus while he was stuck in Melbourne away from the side and support. He came back fat and unfit.
The last two seasons he has been spot on through December and early Jan . Really fit. Doing all the work but the workload was too much for him and he did not make round 1 and as soon as he can not fully train he puts on 5 or 6 kg and loses the fitness. From what I know his broken leg from his under 18 days gives him a running gate that puts pressure on other parts of his body.

We got seduced by his football ability to play midfield as good as most at his best but the fact is his body does not take midfield workload. Was nothing to do with him. He stuck to the program pre season. The ended up with major groin soreness. 2021 it took him 4 games to get going again after missing the first two games.

Last year he can back in round 2 but was not right and not ready. He played with groin soreness all season.

This year he has been on a slow build. Scott mentioned the fact that they have sacrificed some early conditioning work to build him up strength wise in other areas. He has had a bit of back soreness but is now back doing normal running and some ball work.
That is interesting with Stringer. That makes a lot of sense. Hamstring dominance due to a subtle change in foot-fall etc.

330597735_751879792964723_1879758849236514776_n.jpg
Looks like he's hiding a bong behind him

Looks like he's hiding a bong behind him
Get in and vote:

Stringer has been our only game changing player since he got here.
In this day and age make it work, it's not rocket science, or rocket science is the problem.

you do realise there's a world where we ****ed his program, AND Jake lacked (lacks) professionalism looking after his own body. right?

you do realise there's a world where we ****ed his program, AND Jake lacked (lacks) professionalism looking after his own body. right?
I do realize you only ever log on to have a shot at Stringer.

And I have said a number of times in a number of posts that he has had seasons where he has let himself down. 2020 being the last one. Not sure what more I have to say. He was off the rails in 2016 as well.

What I will say is if you are in personal best shape in December and January 2 years in a row and then get injured and not make round 1 then it is not a result of professionalism issues. The last two years he has had groin issues brought on by increased workload. That is the fact.

This year even the coach has said they have sacrificed conditioning in an effort to get him ready by round 1 .

All I have done is go with the facts I know. No personal bias.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hamstring tightness, still in contention for round 1
Hamstring tightness having an mri today.

I’ll shout it from the rooftops. He needs to strip his body if he wants to prolongue his career, reality is he could be done at the end of next year.

This talk of we’ve figured out a different program which will allow him to be fit for the start of the season is absolute cap. There’s a reason he keeps breaking down, it’s because his body can’t handle it.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #25: Jake Stringer - Apparently keen on a move to Orange Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back