AFL Player #25: Jake Stringer - Apparently keen on a move to Orange Team

Remove this Banner Ad

A broken leg in your teens doesn't = overweight for life.

Plenty of ways to burn calories, and diet is diet.

Especially for someone being paid for their physical performance.
It doesn’t have to, but it can certainly leave people with permanent pain or a limp/gait issue depending on how bad the break was, how it was treated, and how it healed. Like whether there was hardware used to put humpty dumpty back together and if a screw comes loose or something how that can impact the surrounding tissue, and the impact of scar tissue and psychological factors related to the injury such as pain syndromes.

Would appear that some of the new people we’ve brought in have helped in terms of diet and biomechanics, which may also have benefited Francis if it had happened sooner. It would appear that people have different metabolic factors going on and don’t all respond the same way to the same diet and exercise regimes.

On top of that we’re not always privy to everything that goes on, like the concussion syndrome he had last preseason that wasn’t reported until much later.

I do think there are discipline and lifestyle factors at play with Jake but speaking in absolutes is not particularly conducive to conversation.

Don't disagree with the first 80% of it, but at some stage either Jake or the club has to take accountability for his evidently faulty body and inability to play stretches of games.

Let's hope these new staff have some answers.
I think it is a combination of things. At the Dogs he was always on some sort of modified program. They knew the issues with his leg and did not push too hard. Then you have Jake not really looking after himself which lead to them parting ways despite him playing most games. He gets to us and he has never really had great training habits. He does pretty well in the first two years despite the fact he still really did not prepare well a lot of the time. We push him to train like a midfielder and he breaks down in 2020 and is left in Melbourne after breaking down before round 6 and he ends up way out of condition and motivation. He then plays very badly to finish out the season. Has a decent year in 2021 but the last two have had injury issues.
I think it is fair to say their are a few factors. Jake not always being professional. The Dogs for allowing him to just cruise through the first part of his career. The broken leg that has had an impact on how much training he can take and us for pushing past his breaking point a couple of times. I will say that my opinion is if he does not break his leg then maybe he does not play the first half of his career on modified programs and actually gets pushed harder early and he does fall into line.

Tip:

Contract year Stringer rehabilitates reputation by leading the baby Bombers to a flag in 2024.

Badly breaks several bones breaking into a Las Vegas KFC on end of season trip. Never plays again.
Bidding Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

does this 'contract year' meme come from the one good half a season he's played with us? or has it happened before that and I've forgotten?

does this 'contract year' meme come from the one good half a season he's played with us? or has it happened before that and I've forgotten?
Yeah it's just that 2021 season.

He previously re-signed at the Dogs in 2015 (until the end of 2018) when he was to be OOC at the end of the following season. Was traded to us to at the end of 2017.

Not even convinced this is a contract year btw, I think it is likely he has a trigger that will be relatively easy to hit.

Yeah it's just that 2021 season.

He previously re-signed at the Dogs in 2015 (until the end of 2018) when he was to be OOC at the end of the following season. Was traded to us to at the end of 2017.

Not even convinced this is a contract year btw, I think it is likely he has a trigger that will be relatively easy to hit.
"...and one inside-outside barrell from 60m. Check. Well done, Jakey. You're in."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tip:

Contract year Stringer rehabilitates reputation by leading the baby Bombers to a flag in 2024.

Badly breaks several bones breaking into a Las Vegas KFC on end of season trip. Never plays again.
I'd take it.

I think it is a combination of things. At the Dogs he was always on some sort of modified program. They knew the issues with his leg and did not push too hard. Then you have Jake not really looking after himself which lead to them parting ways despite him playing most games. He gets to us and he has never really had great training habits. He does pretty well in the first two years despite the fact he still really did not prepare well a lot of the time. We push him to train like a midfielder and he breaks down in 2020 and is left in Melbourne after breaking down before round 6 and he ends up way out of condition and motivation. He then plays very badly to finish out the season. Has a decent year in 2021 but the last two have had injury issues.
I think it is fair to say there are a few factors. Jake not always being professional. The Dogs for allowing him to just cruise through the first part of his career. The broken leg that has had an impact on how much training he can take and us for pushing past his breaking point a couple of times. I will say that my opinion is if he does not break his leg then maybe he does not play the first half of his career on modified programs and actually gets pushed harder early and he does fall into line.
I got to admit it was a pretty nasty break 🤢.
IMG_6094.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #25: Jake Stringer - Apparently keen on a move to Orange Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back