AFL Player #25: Jake Stringer - Apparently keen on a move to Orange Team

Remove this Banner Ad

I am pretty optimistic about Stringer. What happened should have shown him how tenous his AFL time is and that he needs to make the most of it. Woosha reckons he has brought into the Essendon 'values' (although hard to tell over coffee I guess). He also has a significant challenge to get his teeth into viz. having an impact as a big bodied mid when his turn comes - this will add variety to his training.

I think Woosha would be very wary about the guy after what he went through with Cousins at WC. Hopefully he believes Jake's issues can be sorted so it doesn't effect the playing group (like it probably did at WB).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Woosha would be very wary about the guy after what he went through with Cousins at WC. Hopefully he believes Jake's issues can be sorted so it doesn't effect the playing group (like it probably did at WB).

If everything has been publicly revealed then it would appear that the Jake situation is very different to Cousin's issues as in Jake made the mistake of sleeping around and gambling which isn't the same as drug use which while being just as addictive does seem easier to overcome than drug use.

Our supporters booed him in 2017, months after he played in a premiership. They won't let the fact we pushed him out get in the way, haha.

I'll remember Jake the player fondly, to have someone so explosive around the sticks when you play a chaotic style of footy with lots of forward fifty entries is a lot of fun. You'll enjoy him.

It'll hurt me to see him fulfill his potential in your jumper, but I hope he gets his life together for his family.

What caused that booing, sounds like a replacement for Stanton (tongue in cheek) since he copped booing from his own supporters.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #25: Jake Stringer - Apparently keen on a move to Orange Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back