AFL Player #25: Jake Stringer - Apparently keen on a move to Orange Team

Remove this Banner Ad

King is spot on. He also has a balloon for a head.
it’s not just that he has a balloon for a head, it’s exacerbated by his tiny squinty eyes and massive forehead

Hogan had similar fitness/preparation problems to Stringer and GWS turned him into a Coleman medalist, they probably think they can do the same with Stringer and I wouldn't put it past them.
I think the social circle aspect likely plays a role in the club's decision, Hind's delisting was swift.
But the biggest aspect for me is Stringer has a year on his contract, the club said we're not going to give you an extra year because we don't trust Stringer outside of contract year, and instead of vowing to work harder he goes to find the extension elsewhere.
It's probably going to hurt us next year, but that hurt will be we finish 13th instead of 10th or 11th. In the long run it's the right call.

I can't get the running and spinning his arm around in circles after kicking his first goal on the great come back game out of my head. Pretty embarrassing stuff for I think the first goal of the game

It was in the Qualifying Final in 2000, a game they ended up losing by 125 points.

I was mentioning those picks to suggest that the giants won’t want to be adding that many rookies to the list. So later picks are less valuable to them. So pick 56 is honestly insulting.

The Giants are trying to win a flag and are trying to trade for one of the 20 most prolific goal kickers from last season. At some point you need to pay a premium to get an asset for the present vs someone who might potentially make an impact someday maybe.

What would you say Charlie Cameron is worth? Because him and Jake are the same age and were only 2 goals apart last season?

Essendon need points for Kako so I’d expect multiple later picks that equate to the point value of a 2nd round pick. That’s close to fair value for Jake and likely gets done

And you’re only comparing goals?
Charlie is a freak athlete, Jake is overweight and lazy.
Charlie had a down year and kicked 42, whereas 42 was Jake’s best in 6 yrs.

Jake last 6 yrs:
42, 21, 25, 41, 15, 33 29.5 ave

Charlie goals last 6 yrs
44, 59, 54, 55, 31, 57 @50 ave

Jake is always injured, Charlie is fit and available.
Does Charlie have criminal associations that have resulted in only one club having interest, for a nothing pick?
The only way they are similar if you look 1/4 of the information and pretend the rest doesn’t exist.

Look, Jake will be pretty good for them, but Charlie is elite, and Jake shows up in a contract year, like Hayley‘s comet.

Hogan had similar fitness/preparation problems to Stringer and GWS turned him into a Coleman medalist, they probably think they can do the same with Stringer and I wouldn't put it past them.
I think the social circle aspect likely plays a role in the club's decision, Hind's delisting was swift.
But the biggest aspect for me is Stringer has a year on his contract, the club said we're not going to give you an extra year because we don't trust Stringer outside of contract year, and instead of vowing to work harder he goes to find the extension elsewhere.
It's probably going to hurt us next year, but that hurt will be we finish 13th instead of 10th or 11th. In the long run it's the right call.
Agree. Move him on. A pick in 50s is meh but get it done. He's 30 now. We get to build for the future and he can try and get another flag with the team only the bulldogs hate!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #25: Jake Stringer - Apparently keen on a move to Orange Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back