AFL Player #25: Jake Stringer - Apparently keen on a move to Orange Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon this deal gets done quickly now with some pick swaps now that we have more to play with.
Mr Mayor Waiting GIF by NBC

Kinda want the Peatling three way deal to go through with us ending up with Melbourne's third rounder for the hilarious part where Melbourne traded it to them to allow 46 to come to us anyway.

I would be targeting their pick 21, even if that means attaching another pick of ours and paying his salary in it’s entirety.
We’d have to trade it out due to Kako situation. And if we can get a future first for that pick then that then surely GWS would likely prefer that deal.

Think it has to be Jake for a player to get anywhere close to what we want. Problem
Is GWS just lost a bunch of players and likely want to maintain some continuity. All things being equal it’s probably going to have to be a 3 team deal.

GWS get jake
Team 2 get pick GWS is happy to part with. Possibly Essendon pick
Essendon get useful player or good future pick

I would be targeting their pick 21, even if that means attaching another pick of ours and paying his salary in it’s entirety.
Nah. No need to fuss especially for something we'd have to trade out anyway. The F3 that goes in the Peatling deal will be good enough for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes.

It’s completely up to stringer as to whether he wants to re-up his life to move interstate for a couple years. And he could realistically, and understandably, decide that he doesn’t want to.
Yes.

Unless I missed it, Jake never actually requested a trade (maybe behind closed doors), so we should probably expect him to stay.

Nah. No need to fuss especially for something we'd have to trade out anyway. The F3 that goes in the Peatling deal will be good enough for me.

As far as I’m concerned as soon as you do the Melbourne deal focus shifts to getting absolute max output out of this by hook or by crook.

The one thing we know we have is the cap flexibility, so you’d be first of all saying ‘we’ll pay out his deal in full’, then you’d be going to the Giants and seeing whether there is anyone they wanted to offload, then you’d be going to a 3rd party like the Suns and seeing whether they wanted to dump some other crap on us like they ended up doing with Rory Atkins going to Port.

Then I’d probably be going to the the AFL and the AFLPA and trying to find a loophole to pay all of Stringer’s new GWS contract somehow.

All with the goal of getting up the order to the early 20s so that pick more or less takes care of Kako and then we retain the other 2 selections in the 30’s.

Not only is dumping him for not a lot a pretty disappointing outcome, it’s also boring.

I wonder if we could get a deal like
Adealaide get peatling
GWS get stringer and a crows pick
Essendon get gws future 3rd.
I am not sure Jake is mature enough to walk back into the club.
Essendon have all but pushed him out.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #25: Jake Stringer - Apparently keen on a move to Orange Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back