AFL Player #25: Jake Stringer - The lo, rumour mill spins

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah… odd article in so many ways. Am guessing we’ll hear more over the next few days.

Warning over an “associate” - inferred as dodgy but really… give us something!

Muslim friend mentioned at length in same but not expressly linked as the “associate”.

It’s like when the news doesn’t racially profile a criminal but shows blurred people in front of a mosque.

Yeah… odd article in so many ways. Am guessing we’ll hear more over the next few days.

Muslim friend mentioned at length in same but not expressly linked as the “associate”.

It’s like when the news doesn’t racially profile a criminal but shows blurred people in front of a mosque.
Written by Slobbo

Didn't Hind make comments about this guy in a Roaming Brian / post-game segment?
Oh yeah I remember that. BT went up to Hind and some friends and started asking questions like how they know each other etc and Hind and the guy just suddenly seemed really reluctant to answer. It gave off real "go away, we don't want to be seen right now" vibes

So the release of this information is pretty clear*. Pies are struggling for draft picks this year (traded away first), want to get Jake in for free & on low salary… now we’ll trade him for nothing and Jake will accept his “low” $400k to play for them.

*made up but I wouldn’t put it past them if Eddie was still there

So the release of this information is pretty clear*. Pies are struggling for draft picks this year (traded away first), want to get Jake in for free & on low salary… now we’ll trade him for nothing and Jake will accept his “low” $400k to play for them.

*made up but I wouldn’t put it past them if Eddie was still there
Yeah/ nah

white australia knows why he's "dodgy"

I thought Saad was Stringer's muslim friend. I'm happy to label him dodgy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pardon the intrusion. Nick’s a friendly country lad, but he’s not tied up in anything he shouldn’t be. The inference here from the media is that he and Stringer are questionable characters without specifying the company they keep.
Plenty of players have done far worse than invite some friends into the change rooms that has been swept under the carpet.
Stringer is an easy target, and the media are as gutless as ever. This genuinely reads as bigfooty article

The way I read that article is that Hind has some questionable associates (allegedly) and through his friendship to Stringer he would still be around in the rooms due to knowing Jake and thus the associates might come too.

The extra outdated info about Jake was pigeonholed in as if it's recent news to pad out the article.

Last edited:

They probably need to be careful what links they make or they might get sued.

Pardon the intrusion. Nick’s a friendly country lad, but he’s not tied up in anything he shouldn’t be. The inference here from the media is that he and Stringer are questionable characters without specifying the company they keep.
Plenty of players have done far worse than invite some friends into the change rooms that has been swept under the carpet.
Stringer is an easy target, and the media are as gutless as ever. This genuinely reads as bigfooty article
Do you know Nick? Hind and his brothers have a very very very bad reputation in Ballarat and the surrounding areas.

Dis Gonna Be Good Jason Momoa GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #25: Jake Stringer - The lo, rumour mill spins

Remove this Banner Ad

Back