Player Watch #25: Paul Curtis - has signed a three-year extension until end of 2028

Remove this Banner Ad

Theres a reason that Anaesthetists will generally give something like ondansetron with induction or intra-operatively. Flipping fantastic at all but eliminating PONV.

The go to at my work is cyclizine, because ondansetron is usually already used. Does basically the same thing with the same effectiveness, but cheaper (if you had to buy it at a pharmacy).
Pull ya head in.

Needs to get hungrier. Not sure how much the illness took out of him (probably a fair bit), but he seemed to give up once he didn’t win the contest on the first attempt.

After a massive pre-season I was expecting the world from PC. Needs to turn it around.
Expect it for a little while. Inexperienced kid that will have his good and bad days.

Look out when he hits 50 games, that’s when you should see more consistency in his game and he will be a headache to opposition defenders.

Expect it for a little while. Inexperienced kid that will have his good and bad days.

Look out when he hits 50 games, that’s when you should see more consistency in his game and he will be a headache to opposition defenders.
Obviously a different type of player, but he reminds me a lot of LDU when he first came in. You can tell that his mind is one step ahead of everyone else, he just needs to get a little bit more experience at the level and then we will start to see that pay dividends.

He’s a strong kid, if he plays from the front he’ll hard to move
He's a lot like Zurhaar. Good judge of the flight of the ball and can get into the right position to outmark taller opponents.
Playing high half forward would suit him once he gets fitter

He didn’t look 100%
Illness and was never the squad's fittest.

I expect a bounce back next week, but we must also temper expectations until he builds his tank up. The early LDU comparison is not a bad one. Paul needs fitness/games/time too. It will be similar with Phillips and Wardlaw.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's still a 19yo who breaks tackles, fends off units and hits the scoreboard even when he's playing s**t. Persist.
Persist obviously, but he needs development and he needs to do more. If some of that happens in the VFL I'm comfortable with that.

Might be right there RF08. It's a weird one...

He does some amazing things but when he's gassed it's hard for him to get a tackle in etc.

Still only 19. Shown heaps for a 19 year old!

He'll play mid-forward eventually. Spent plenty of time in the midfield during the preseason match sims and looked great.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #25: Paul Curtis - has signed a three-year extension until end of 2028

Remove this Banner Ad

Back