Player Watch #25: Paul Curtis

Remove this Banner Ad

In all seriousness hopefully the coaches can work out how to unlock PC as when he’s able to get involved in the game his impact is massive.

Just can’t seem to stay involved across the game right now.

In all seriousness hopefully the coaches can work out how to unlock PC as when he’s able to get involved in the game his impact is massive.

Having a midfield that doesn’t handball directly to the opposition or a backline that can clear defensive 50 will help Curtis and the rest of the forward line immeasurably.

As others have mentioned before, we should be trying to get this bloke 1 on 1. Doesn't lose many of those.

As others have mentioned before, we should be trying to get this bloke 1 on 1. Doesn't lose many of those.
On a day like yesterday though it doesn’t matter due to the lack of ball going forwards.

Would like to see the coaches be more creative in how they use him when we are getting beaten so heavily around the ground.

I reckon Curtis would look an absolute gun on a good side.

He's a tough matchup with his crumbing ability combined with strength in one on ones.

How is anyone having a go at Curtis for yesterday?

He's a not a high half forward so he's not going to rack up touches, plus the ball only ended up inside 50 31 times for the whole game, most of which were not directed to him, and most of which were horrific entries on the whole.

He's a deep forward who's strength is his one on one work and ability to hit the scoreboard in a variety of ways. He was given almost no chance to do either of these things yesterday.

How is anyone having a go at Curtis for yesterday?

He's a not a high half forward so he's not going to rack up touches, plus the ball only ended up inside 50 31 times for the whole game, most of which were not directed to him, and most of which were horrific entries on the whole.

He's a deep forward who's strength is his one on one work and ability to hit the scoreboard in a variety of ways. He was given almost no chance to do either of these things yesterday.
Literally nobody is having a go at Curtis.

I’ve purely critiqued the coaches in how they have used Curtis.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He should be immune from criticism for as long as he is our leading goal kicker, but overall at 21 and with 40 games of experience, I think he is tracking well.

He has kicked more goals this year than Stephenson and Zurhaar combined. He also leads the team in assists. Again with more than Stephenson and Zurhaar combined.

He should be immune from criticism for as long as he is our leading goal kicker, but overall at 21 and with 40 games of experience, I think he is tracking well.

He has kicked more goals this year than Stephenson and Zurhaar combined. He also leads the team in assists. Again with more than Stephenson and Zurhaar combined.
Not hard

I blame Supercoach for a lot of the criticism directed at players these days
yeah we should praise him for a 5 touch game where he gave away a fee kick and went at 20% DE.
His only good disposal was the kick between the sticks.

Spider-Man Marvel GIF

I don’t know if we use PC correctly. I don’t actually think he’s a small forward, rather a small key position player.

My understanding is that he’s the strongest player at the club. No small defender can match him for strength, so when it’s a one on one he can generally have his way with them. The problem is that he doesn’t really get that opportunity as he’s not a target player as such.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back