Player Watch #25: Paul Curtis - has signed a three-year extension until end of 2028

Remove this Banner Ad

His work rate has improved dramatically. He marks the quick centre clearance from Simpkin (great work to get in front to take the grab), hits a laser pass to Larkey (who should've marked but recovers for a handball to Phillips), Phillips sees the two talls in the square and tries to weight the kick for Teakle who brings it to ground in front of him and then PC roves for an absolute beauty.

Just exquisite play from PC. Elite.

Only the 10 touches but kicked an important one in the last and applied some excellent defensive pressure.

There was a moment in the last (I think) in our forward pocket where PC was scrapping and scratching at Suns players trying to apply defensive pressure and prevent them having a clean possession and exit from defensive 50 while they were against the boundary. I reckon he held them up for close to 10 seconds almost on his own against 3 of them. I thought it was such a great visual of what the standard is defensively at the club now. PC had a fairly rough day on the stat sheet but over his dead body were they going to get a clean and quick exit.

The beauty is there are so many players that have had moments like that since the bye, and it seems like they're all feeding off it and trying to outdo one another in bringing the heat on the defensive end. Xerri in Perth vs. Ryan, Simpkin's first few contest vs. West Coast, Wardlaw basically all the time, Archer the last few weeks, Comben, Corr's had some awesome moments, Pink's forward pressure and harassing for a bloke his size was immense today, Sheezel breaking the club record for pressure acts a few weeks ago and there'd be plenty of others.

Benched 170kg today apparently - a club record!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Fair to say that's ELITE. Will NOT be sharing my novice efforts. Also let's move that Contract status a few years please!!!
1720654424644.png
1720654482126.png

Attachments

• 1720654394201.png
    1720654394201.png
    33.2 KB · Views: 25

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feel like his season has been a little bit underrated around these parts. Considering he has been such a regular contributor a top 7-8 BnF finish isn’t out of the question.

Now on track to kick over 30 goals for the season in what was a pretty dysfunctional forward line. Has only been held goalless 4 times throughout the season too. Since the bye he has been averaging a dash over 4 tackles per game, which is a huge step in the right direction.

Isn’t beyond him to kick 40+ in a season I reckon!

Feel like his season has been a little bit underrated around these parts. Considering he has been such a regular contributor a top 7-8 BnF finish isn’t out of the question.

Now on track to kick over 30 goals for the season in what was a pretty dysfunctional forward line. Has only been held goalless 4 times throughout the season too. Since the bye he has been averaging a dash over 4 tackles per game, which is a huge step in the right direction.

Striking them beautifully when kicking set shots.

He’s a real prospect.

Pressure has lifted heaps.

How tf is this holding the ball :

When PC tackle i50 is called play on??? (Soz couldn’t find video)

I’m sick of the double standards when we are up against bigger clubs. Put the whistle away unless you’re going to be consistent.

To the letter of the law thats the kevin bartlett rule in a nutshell.

I'm okay with that being htb. He has plenty of prior and doesn't dispose of the ball. I had to watch that multiple times to.work out if the ball came out before or during the tackle, in real time it looked like the tackle knocked it out which is htb given the prior. Fisher should have managed that situation way better.

I'm okay with that being htb. He has plenty of prior and doesn't dispose of the ball. I had to watch that multiple times to.work out if the ball came out before or during the tackle, it looked like the tackle knocked it out when is htb given the prior. Fisher should have managed that situation way better.
What about the PC tackle?

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #25: Paul Curtis - has signed a three-year extension until end of 2028

Remove this Banner Ad

Back