Player Watch #26 Luke Parker

Remove this Banner Ad

d05af3810baa11138a15ef8d759b18c8

Luke Parker
Luke Parker has plenty of football ahead and has already compiled a resume packed with impressive achievements. Since landing at the Sydney Swans via the 2010 AFL Draft, he has won a 2012 premiership medal, earned All Australian selection and won two Bob Skilton medals. In 2015, he was added to the club’s leadership group at the age of just 22, and has led the team as a co-captain alongside Josh Kennedy and Dane Rampe since 2019. While Parker is among the league’s elite midfielders, his strong marking and expert game awareness make him a genuine threat when rotating through the forward line.

Luke Parker
DOB: 25 October 1992
DEBUT: 2011
DRAFT: #40, 2010 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Langwarrin (Vic)/Dandenong U18

well that makes it worse for Adams in that case if he's lowering the eyes and going at 56% on short hit up kicks.

I'm not suggesting for one minute that Parker replaces Adams either.

He shouldn’t be near our midfield, best news for us was Horse being forced into playing Heeney where he should have always been playing. No issue Parker being played FWD whether there’s a position is another thing

Isn't it great to be discussing the fact a gun footballer can't get a game a few years ago Sam Gray and Lewis Taylor were playing

He shouldn’t be near our midfield, best news for us was Horse being forced into playing Heeney where he should have always been playing. No issue Parker being played FWD whether there’s a position is another thing
I'm not saying he should be, I'm just discussing/disagreeing with you that Adams is a better kick.

Show me how Adams is a better kick

Show me how Adams is a better kick

Not bombing it to contests is already better. I’d take him getting it 20 odd times creating space for Gulden, etc. Adams is perfect in that role, giving the handball rather than kick and hoping it 20 times

Isn't it great to be discussing the fact a gun footballer can't get a game a few years ago Sam Gray and Lewis Taylor were playing

Don’t forget James Bell and Jordan Foote!

There some similar roles and a few others and JJ is a huge pick up.

Parker Career stats
Disposal Efficiency 67.6%
Kick Efficiency 56.2%

Adams Career Stats
Disposal Efficiency 66.1%
Kick Efficiency 56.2%

Rowbottom Career Stats
Disposal Efficiency 67.4%
Kick Efficiency 56.3%

Warner Career Stats
Disposal Efficiency 63.6%
Kick Efficiency 54.3%

Gulden Career Stats
Disposal Efficiency 68.2%
Kick Efficiency 62.1%

Jordon Career Stats
Disposal Efficiency 77.0%
Kick Efficiency 68.9%

This year JJ Stats
Disposal Efficiency 82.1%
Kick Efficiency 76.6%

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

With the way our midfield is humming along, he won't need to hack kick in panic. Grundy is providing the space and the opposition has their hands full combating the explosiveness of Heeney and Chad. I can see Parker using his strength as an extractor to benefit his more explosive team mates. Coupled with his ability to hit the scoreboard pinch hitting as a forward along with the fact he is as tough as nails, I think his inclusion could take us to an even higher level.

Parker Career stats
Kick Efficiency 56.2%

Adams Career Stats
Kick Efficiency 56.2%

Rowbottom Career Stats
Kick Efficiency 56.3%

Warner Career Stats
Kick Efficiency 54.3%

Gulden Career Stats
Kick Efficiency 62.1%

Jordon Career Stats
Kick Efficiency 68.9%

This year JJ Stats
Kick Efficiency 76.6%

Those stats put it into prospective. Parker has been playing inside mid for 13 years with players hanging off him. Always hack kicking is a fallacy & in general play his ability to be a strong link leading to scores is very good. Have a look at how often he is involved plays that end in goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Parker Career stats
Kick Efficiency 56.2%

Adams Career Stats
Kick Efficiency 56.2%

Rowbottom Career Stats
Kick Efficiency 56.3%

Warner Career Stats
Kick Efficiency 54.3%

Gulden Career Stats
Kick Efficiency 62.1%

Jordon Career Stats
Kick Efficiency 68.9%

This year JJ Stats
Kick Efficiency 76.6%

JJ’s gone from a good depth player to a lock very quickly! 👏💪😍

Honestly you have no idea

He was a hopeless kick at the pies just ask them.

Parker wipes the floor with him as a hf/mid role

Thats not true, Adams is better by foot than Parker and more efficient with it over the career.

Parker's probably had the better career for sure.

Those stats put it into prospective. Parker has been playing inside mid for 13 years with players hanging off him. Always hack kicking is a fallacy & in general play his ability to be a strong link leading to scores is very good. Have a look at how often he is involved plays that end in goals.

Parker had Kennedy as the number one mid most of his career. His kicking is just average for a good player. Adams is average by foot too.

What you know Parker will do is get in the right spots and do the hard work to get the ball going forward

Not bombing it to contests is already better. I’d take him getting it 20 odd times creating space for Gulden, etc. Adams is perfect in that role, giving the handball rather than kick and hoping it 20 times

Adams doesn't kick it over his shoulder blindly helps

Remove this Banner Ad

Back