Past #26: Tarryn Thomas [Part II] - will honor his contract and play on at NMFC in 2024, so says the reality TV manager

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s in his benz not a mazda
Phew TT dodged a bullet there.
This thread officially belongs on the conspiracy board. 90% of you have lost your f King minds.

Taryn posted X which means Y and the only conclusion is Z.

There's a long history of people presenting guesses as facts here but this thread is out of control.

There has never been a shortage of posters eager to insert themselves into the narrative with their pointless stories of how their mediocre lives somehow resemble the life of of an AFL listed player.

I've just never been this embarrassed for you.

If we were taking a vote, I'd give most of you overly emotional drama Queen's the flick before I'd give up on a stupid 22 year old young man

Yeah but is TT vaccinated?

Jeff Kennett offers a handful of gold coins to Shannon Ah Sam-Rioli to buy some proper clothes; Eddie likens TT’s issues to a player with fleas.

Pale middle-aged white guys really are struggling to keep pace with the modern age
FFS, try and understand the analogy, it's actually pretty good. You don't have to examine everything through your "modern age" lens. Anyone that's had an infestation of fleas on their pets knows exactly what he's saying. TT's problems are our problems, don't let TT scratch away at his issues, we need to help him.

You don't have to try and link everything to racism. Maybe its you with the prejudice, one against pale middle-aged white guys.

Out of all of this ONE thing is certain. His next contract will not even come close to 700k, he’ll be lucky to be on 250k. He has a big wake up call coming and he’ll change when his money dries up.
Wether it's at North or somewhere else, his next contract will be a guaranteed base, with incentives 10, 15, 20 games, b&f finish, etc.... for sure will have multiple behavioural clauses to allow the club to boot him at the drop of a hat. So it's gonna be a much harder road for the kid from here on in no matter what.

FFS, try and understand the analogy, it's actually pretty good. You don't have to examine everything through your "modern age" lens. Anyone that's had an infestation of fleas on their pets knows exactly what he's saying. TT's problems are our problems, don't let TT scratch away at his issues, we need to help him.

You don't have to try and link everything to racism. Maybe its you with the prejudice, one against pale middle-aged white guys.
Don't think anyone misses the point tbh. Just have to be so careful with what you say. There will be those that take the worst view.

Can say what you like about Eddie, but not many have dealt with more of this type of stuff then him.

He's right. Tarryn needs to be around the club now.
The biggest shock to the system AFL footballers talk about post football is the lack of structure in their lives. I agree, Tarryn needs to be regimented and an arm around him to bring him closer, rather than a finger pointing from a distance.

Don't think anyone misses the point tbh. Just have to be so careful with what you say. There will be those that take the worst view.
Sure, but they can be called out for being idiots. Eddie is actually trying to help the kid and we've got people that want to try and find something that's not there instead of talking about the good points he's making. It's as childish as TT's actions.

Can say what you like about Eddie, but not many have dealt with more of this type of stuff then him.

He's right. Tarryn needs to be around the club now.
Big test of Jy's leadership tbh.

and when the f*ck have we NOT been helping him?

everything, LITERALLY EVERYTHING the club has done in response to ALL this bullshit has been aimed at helping him. Catoring entierly to his needs for development and growth.

So, he was rightly suspended for what happened and told "here are very clearly the things you need to do to get back to playing". A whole program made just for him.

He doesn't do it.

Now we're supposed to pat him on the head and say "well done, you didn't do what we asked of you, you can go back to playing". That's an ABSOLUTELY gauranteed way to make sure there is no behavioural change, or it gets worse.

Let alone the very likely possibility that Tarryn's behaviour is effecting the rest of the playing group. If he gets to waltz back in without actually having made any change or done what's asked of him, then that will also definitely create fractures.

Sure, but they can be called out for being idiots. Eddie is actually trying to help the kid and we've got people that want to try and find something that's not there instead of talking about the good points he's making. It's as childish as TT's actions.
Eddie's point is strong. Clearly TT is not doing well enough on his own. What we don't know is what support TT is getting from the club. How much contact, by whom etc etc etc. Maybe we have tried Plan Eddie and didn't work. Just want this whole issue resolved. Not helping TT and not helping the club.

Eddie's point is strong. Clearly TT is not doing well enough on his own. What we don't know is what support TT is getting from the club. How much contact, by whom etc etc etc. Maybe we have tried Plan Eddie and didn't work. Just want this whole issue resolved. Not helping TT and not helping the club.
if the rumors about players not wanting him at the club are true then getting him back at the club before he has proven himself away from the club may not be the best thing.

if the rumors about players not wanting him at the club are true then getting him back at the club before he has proven himself away from the club may not be the best thing.
I have read the rumours but not heard them personally. But you would think there would be plenty at the club over this whole mess. It is still a major distraction at a time when we have plenty of positives. Right now TT is a polarising character.

For me, the Clarkson allegations are an issue here. This is an extreme moment that requires a headlock - Club taking control of living, social, etc.
I thought similarly when all the TT stuff started coming into public view, re Clarko allegations. I think the Clarko stuff is going to impact all clubs heading forward, which will affect drafting, player development, etc.

As an outsider looking in, it is time to bring him back into the fold and get Jy to keep a close eye on him. I get he is a polarising figure and many at the club are over his antics, but things have reached a breaking point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought similarly when all the TT stuff started coming into public view, re Clarko allegations. I think the Clarko stuff is going to impact all clubs heading forward, which will affect drafting, player development, etc.

As an outsider looking in, it is time to bring him back into the fold and get Jy to keep a close eye on him. I get he is a polarising figure and many at the club are over his antics, but things have reached a breaking point.

Why must Jy be the one to take that bullet? Yeah, he's a captain. But we have two of those. Why not LMac? Why not any other senior player? Why not the coach? Or any coach? What if none of these people can change his behaviour? Have they failed in leadership?

Surely it's everyone's job to look out for him and care. But ultimately, instead of lumbering him on an individual and saying it's a test of his/her leadership, the only person who is really responsible for Tarryn is Tarryn.

Why must Jy be the one to take that bullet? Yeah, he's a captain. But we have two of those. Why not LMac? Why not any other senior player? Why not the coach? Or any coach? What if none of these people can change his behaviour? Have they failed in leadership?

Surely it's everyone's job to look out for him and care. But ultimately, instead of lumbering him on an individual and saying it's a test of his/her leadership, the only person who is really responsible for Tarryn is Tarryn.
It's not just on Jy, however Jy does have a big responsibility in this. The club will look to him as captain and a first nations man to help navigate the obvious intricacies of the Tarryn situation.

Who is the clubs indigenous welfare officer? I've seen in a few of the recent videos there is an ex player (forget their name).

Because out of Jy and Lmac, Jy is the one you would take seriously. Imagine Lmac giving you a spray? You’d almost laugh at him.

Ultimately the responsibility lies with Tarryn, no matter how much effort is put in, its up to the individual to change.

Pardon the intrusion.

Credit where credit’s due.

Turns out I train at the same gym TT likes to flog on his socials, so got to see him and his training style first hand.

Old mate was there busting a gut when I got there at 6.30 this morn, no PT, no cameras, no music, just him pounding the assault bike.

Did my workout, had a sauna and a shower, got ready to leave at about 8.30 - old mate was still there, running his guts out on the treddy.

Too early to say penny dropped?

Pardon the intrusion.

Turns out I train at the same gym TT likes to flog on his socials, so got to see him and his training style first hand.

Old mate was there busting a gut when I got there at 6.30 this morn, no PT, no cameras, no music, just him pounding the assault bike.

Did my workout, had a sauna and a shower, got ready to leave at about 8.30 - old mate was still there, running his guts out on the treddy.

Yeh I just think he’s acting like a illy goose. He should be off the socials. Maybe the penny has dropped? Maybe he realises if he continues with his behaviour his $$$ will dry up. Hope so.

It's not just on Jy, however Jy does have a big responsibility in this. The club will look to him as captain and a first nations man to help navigate the obvious intricacies of the Tarryn situation.

Who is the clubs indigenous welfare officer? I've seen in a few of the recent videos there is an ex player (forget their name).
Someone said earlier that it’s Robbie Ah Mat. I assume he’s in regular contact with TT and would be one of the people assessing his progress.

Pardon the intrusion.

Thanks for dropping in with the insight. Would love it if the penny has dropped for him, I'll wholeheartedly support him if he proves himself to the club and players, recent behaviour makes me skeptical, but you never know

It is on the whole club and L Mac as co-captain as well. Whether we like it or not, it is a testing period for all the club's leaders in light of the scandal and the Clarko allegations.

The focus on Jy is because he is one with the strongest player and club connections to TT, which makes him one of the best placed at the club to help TT overcome this (alongside others). My original poorly expressed point was that this connection will test him as a young leader.

"The only person who is really responsible for Tarryn is Tarryn"

Never said it wasn't, only that is a test for Jy as well. If TT fails, it is on him and him alone.

Pardon the intrusion.

he can train all he damn well wants, if he doesn't actually change the OTHER behaviours then he'll wind up suspended again.

Side note, can't actually believe we're even talking about whether he can train/football. Course he f*ckin can. That is so far from the issue with TT.

Pardon the intrusion.

I wonder if Gil’s message was a bit more direct in private. Shape up or you’re not ****ing playing anywhere.

Pardon the intrusion.

Thanks for the report - maybe the penny has dropped. Let's hope so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back