Past #26: Tarryn Thomas [Part II] - will honor his contract and play on at NMFC in 2024, so says the reality TV manager

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wounded our trust? Get over yourself son.
This is a young man navigating an awful time of his life while the media and a thousand keyboard warriors rushing to pronounce their judgements on his future at every turn.
Look around you - there will be many young men in your circles going through some bad s**t at the moment. Do you post on social media about how your nephew/next-door neighbour/young snowy off the tram has let you down with his latest exploits?
Life can be hard - TT doesn't live to earn your trust. He has his own way of seeing the world, and I'm pretty sure it's nothing like the way you think he should see it.

Flame away.
You don’t think chances eventually run out.

He has been given a large amount of help.

Last edited:
Because out of Jy and Lmac, Jy is the one you would take seriously. Imagine Lmac giving you a spray? You’d almost laugh at him.

Ultimately the responsibility lies with Tarryn, no matter how much effort is put in, its up to the individual to change.
Jy has the runs on the board in terms of getting his shit together and working his arse off. He's a two time B&F winner and in the top ten players in the comp right now as a result.

As well as being the captain of the side and a blackfella.

I agree with the bolded bit but Jy is a great example and that's the best leadership.

This is a young man navigating an awful time of his life while the media and a thousand keyboard warriors rush to pronounce their self-important judgements on his future at every turn.
Look around you - there will be many young men in your circles going through some bad s**t at the moment. Do you post on social media about how your nephew/next-door neighbour/young snowy off the tram has let you down with his latest exploits?
Life can be hard - TT doesn't live to earn your trust. He has his own way of seeing the world, and I'm pretty sure it's nothing like the way you think he should see it.

Flame away.
Where the hell did you come from

So he thinks indigenous people are like pets?
Why would you draw that conclusion? He never mentions race and his words were "when a player has fleas" in reference to the players at Collingwood when he was there.

It's an analogy about the problems and how to treat them, not the person.

This is a young man navigating an awful time of his life while the media and a thousand keyboard warriors rush to pronounce their self-important judgements on his future at every turn.

Flame away.
Dude is currently getting paid $750k a year to not play footy, more than some people earn in their lives. It gets harder and harder to sympathise with his situation.

I may have missed it in the pace this thread has been moving, but what's the situation with TT's parents? Are they in his life at all? Does he have any siblings?

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not sure about his parents, but his bro is from NSW.

I don't know for certain, but I think Braydon Trindall, a rugby player for the Sharks, is his cousin.

So yeah, quite a bit of fam in and around Sydney.

Because out of Jy and Lmac, Jy is the one you would take seriously. Imagine Lmac giving you a spray? You’d almost laugh at him.

Ultimately the responsibility lies with Tarryn, no matter how much effort is put in, its up to the individual to change.
Hmm. I reckon Lmac could give a spray. Pretty sure both of them will work it out. Growing up in footy clubs are a pretty great place to learn the social dynamics of dealing with other blokes.

Why would you draw that conclusion? He never mentions race and his words were "when a player has fleas" in reference to the players at Collingwood when he was there.

It's an analogy about the problems and how to treat them, not the person.
Eddie's good with analogies - the one he drew between Adam Goodes and King Kong was a cracker

Eddie's good with analogies - the one he drew between Adam Goodes and King Kong was a cracker
Completely separate incidents that have nothing to do with each other. If you look hard enough you'll find 100 analogies he has used in the past that have nothing to do with race. So which correlation should we use?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I did a google search for Tarryn Trindall (TT's legal name) to see what the go is with his folks.

Found his name was in a 2010 Doonside public school newsletter (Doonside is in outer west Sydney).

TT, who would've been about 10 at the time, was cited for his athletic ability, along with his brother Jacob.

Anyway, this Jacob dude is FB friends with TT, and I noticed he had previously liked a newspaper article referencing a 2021 prison riot in Western Sydney.

It seemed like a strange thing to like, so I had a look at the reports of that incident and lo and behold, Jacob was one of inmates arrested for rioting.

So yeah, it does appear like Tarryn has some complex shit going on in the background.

So I did a google search for Tarryn Trindall (TT's legal name) to see what the go is with his folks.

Found his name was in a 2010 Doonside public school newsletter (Doonside is in outer west Sydney).

TT, who would've been about 10 at the time, was cited for his athletic ability, along with his brother Jacob.

Anyway, this Jacob dude is FB friends with TT, and I noticed he had previously liked a newspaper article referencing a 2021 prison riot in Western Sydney.

It seemed like a strange thing to like, so I had a look at the reports of that incident and lo and behold, Jacob was one of inmates arrested for rioting.

So yeah, it does appear like Tarryn has some complex s**t going on in the background.
Daily Mail and or Herald Sun article incoming in 3, 2, 1...

Jy has the runs on the board in terms of getting his s**t together and working his arse off. He's a two time B&F winner and in the top ten players in the comp right now as a result.

As well as being the captain of the side and a blackfella.

I agree with the bolded bit but Jy is a great example and that's the best leadership.
Plus had his own off-field issue early days - stuffing his ankle up kicking a motorbike.

Will take everyone but Jy def best role model.

So yeah, it does appear like Tarryn has some complex s**t going on in the background.
Daily Mail and or Herald Sun article incoming in 3, 2, 1...
At least Makeshift Park does some research, more than you can say for the average hack writing copy off press releases

Where the hell did you come from
I come from about 40 years experience at footy clubs of all levels as a player and coach, and a fair bit of lived experience working with young men who are having problems, both as a peer and a mentor. I mainly lurk here and don't bother to try and argue with the internet, but sometimes I am gobsmacked by the lack of understanding in some posts. Like almost everyone associated with clubs and those working in the industry, I am urged not to post on Big Footy. I should have just let it slide.

Carry on.

Nothing is ever black and white.

Cheers for the background info.

Tef is one of the biggest pieces of s**t I've ever come across. Doesn't mean he didn't have good football/non-footy related takes. I just always question why he's brought up on big footy so often, especially when he's been gone for so long now.
What were his good non-footy related takes?

As for TT, I’ve known crackheads who behave far more logically than him. It’s hard to feel too sorry for someone on $750k a year but he’s obviously really unwell…idk, I try not to write people off unless they do something absolutely heinous…

Humphrey doesn’t usually say much.

Correct about this, though, it’s not us who is owed repair and restitution.
I do think as fans of the club we are entitled to be a bit miffed.

I understand the story is probably bigger than we know but this new narrative about him needing help is a bit unfair on the club.

The club has given TT plenty of support, if we go through the timeline.

2022 demoted for not meeting standard (initial issues with texting.

Club protected him by explaining it as issues with his gran

The intial case comes out

Additional cases reported, was he completely forthcoming with all potential related issues

Stepped down, entered into education course

Clarko cops it for protecting him against the media

More cases come out

Stepped down for not making sufficient progress on his education program

This car driving thing

He has been given more chances than a regular person would in their employment

And the club has paid him a day wage the whole time.

It’s fine to say the club needs to help him but he needs to be serious about that help, his actions is at odds with his words.

It might be harsh but ultimately our purpose as an entity is to win football games and looking at it coldly, the club is down a player, have a significant chunk of the salary cap for no return, and at his best he is an important player that we are missing.

All that aside I just think there’s a point where chances stop and to me that is where those chances don’t appear to want to be taken.

I don’t think that’s particularly unreasonable nor is it reason to be insulted for acting like a spurned lover.

The supporters want the club to succeed carrying expensive liabilities hinders that, if there are signs that rehabilitation is possible sure give it a go, but at present the available evidence suggests there isn’t.

I will state I’m sure I’ve been reactive to this case but basing it on what we are seeing it’s just getting to a point where enough is enough.

I will go further to say if this was the only issue the club has gone through in the last 4 or so years I’d be probably be a lot less vociferous but shit it’s tiresome.

Last edited:
I come from about 40 years experience at footy clubs of all levels as a player and coach, and a fair bit of lived experience working with young men who are having problems, both as a peer and a mentor. I mainly lurk here and don't bother to try and argue with the internet, but sometimes I am gobsmacked by the lack of understanding in some posts. Like almost everyone associated with clubs and those working in the industry, I am urged not to post on Big Footy. I should have just let it slide.

Carry on.
Do you think there’s a point though where fans/members/supporters can get frustrated with the whole thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back