Past #26: Tarryn Thomas [Part II] - will honor his contract and play on at NMFC in 2024, so says the reality TV manager

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Cotchin’s basically adopted Dusty. The campaigner went on family holidays with them. Maybe Tarryn needs something similar.
Times like this that I miss Lindsay. He was very good with the team building and culture stuff.

Azza and Cunners have been good at it too, but sometimes it is just on the individual.

he can train all he damn well wants, if he doesn't actually change the OTHER behaviours then he'll wind up suspended again.

Side note, can't actually believe we're even talking about whether he can train/football. Course he f*ckin can. That is so far from the issue with TT.
Mate all he did was drop by to give us an anecdote that from what he's seen today, he was training his guts out.

Someone said earlier that it’s Robbie Ah Mat. I assume he’s in regular contact with TT and would be one of the people assessing his progress.

Wasn't he by TTs side at the Magistrates Court..

Perhaps I misread it but seemed like you were a bit agro with him for dropping an anecdote you thought was irrelevant.
i probably should tone it down, i don't think it's irrelevant but i think it's worth stating that him training would be the easiest of hurdles for him to cover. That should be massively within his wheelhouse. Changing how he regulates emotion, how he engages with others, his decision making, etc, that sh*ts hard.

Training could be a conduit for change in those areas, but training alone won't do it.

Times like this that I miss Lindsay. He was very good with the team building and culture stuff.

Azza and Cunners have been good at it too, but sometimes it is just on the individual.

It’s a huge imposition on someone. One of my wife’s friends has taken in a 22 yo relo with the mental state of a 15 yo. It’s flipping hard work.

Pardon the intrusion.

Credit where credit’s due.

Turns out I train at the same gym TT likes to flog on his socials, so got to see him and his training style first hand.

Old mate was there busting a gut when I got there at 6.30 this morn, no PT, no cameras, no music, just him pounding the assault bike.

Did my workout, had a sauna and a shower, got ready to leave at about 8.30 - old mate was still there, running his guts out on the treddy.

Too early to say penny dropped?
Cheers I’m glad to hear more positive stories about Tarryn around hear, it’s a bit gloomy of late.

I understand it’s going to be a roller coaster from here but fingers crossed he’s on the right path now.

FFS, try and understand the analogy, it's actually pretty good. You don't have to examine everything through your "modern age" lens. Anyone that's had an infestation of fleas on their pets knows exactly what he's saying. TT's problems are our problems, don't let TT scratch away at his issues, we need to help him.

You don't have to try and link everything to racism. Maybe its you with the prejudice, one against pale middle-aged white guys.
So who's putting the cone of shame on TT so he stops gnawing at himself?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s a huge imposition on someone. One of my wife’s friends has taken in a 22 yo relo with the mental state of a 15 yo. It’s *ing hard work.
Exactly. Crap situation all round. People that take others in like that are the very best of humanity.

Pardon the intrusion.

Turns out I train at the same gym TT likes to flog on his socials, so got to see him and his training style first hand.

Old mate was there busting a gut when I got there at 6.30 this morn, no PT, no cameras, no music, just him pounding the assault bike.

Did my workout, had a sauna and a shower, got ready to leave at about 8.30 - old mate was still there, running his guts out on the treddy.

Much too early. That man has wounded our trust to an incredible degree. Cheers for the info though 👍

Pardon the intrusion.

He may as well have been doing Zumba as far as I’m concerned

Completely different. You were probably driving cars at 12 years old, chopping wood and taught to be a young man early on. You did dumb s**t but never filmed it and posted it for the world to see, not because you wouldn’t but because the rotary telephone was the leading form of telecommunications technology in your day.

His dumb and your dumb are vastly different
My dumb was so much worse.

We didn't even have a rotary phone till I was about 8 tho. LOL at Hobart in the 70s. I think I was playing Space Invaders at the local shop before we got a phone.

My posts re TT have been spot on. I have said where this is at quite clearly. Whilst I can't obviously detail the allegations I have said where this is at. Not sure what else you expect me to say. But thanks for your words.
Unfortunately this is true.

FFS, try and understand the analogy, it's actually pretty good. You don't have to examine everything through your "modern age" lens. Anyone that's had an infestation of fleas on their pets knows exactly what he's saying. TT's problems are our problems, don't let TT scratch away at his issues, we need to help him.

You don't have to try and link everything to racism. Maybe its you with the prejudice, one against pale middle-aged white guys.
So he thinks indigenous people are like pets?

Don't think anyone misses the point tbh. Just have to be so careful with what you say. There will be those that take the worst view.
yeah because who thinks of people having fleas ... ffs it was typical Eddie bullshit. The campaigner needs a punch in the face.

It's not just on Jy, however Jy does have a big responsibility in this. The club will look to him as captain and a first nations man to help navigate the obvious intricacies of the Tarryn situation.

Who is the clubs indigenous welfare officer? I've seen in a few of the recent videos there is an ex player (forget their name).
I think its Robbie Ahmat

Clarkos comments speak volumes today.

The club knows there is more than meets the eye with what is occurring with Tarryn at the moment.

Sounds to me the club will stand by him unless there is a significant incident in the near future.
Sounded like a backing of TT to me. Need to get more support in place now.

Much too early. That man has wounded our trust to an incredible degree. Cheers for the info though 👍
Wounded our trust? Get over yourself son.
This is a young man navigating an awful time of his life while the media and a thousand keyboard warriors rush to pronounce their self-important judgements on his future at every turn.
Look around you - there will be many young men in your circles going through some bad shit at the moment. Do you post on social media about how your nephew/next-door neighbour/young snowy off the tram has let you down with his latest exploits?
Life can be hard - TT doesn't live to earn your trust. He has his own way of seeing the world, and I'm pretty sure it's nothing like the way you think he should see it.

Flame away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back