Past #26: Tarryn Thomas [Part II] - will honor his contract and play on at NMFC in 2024, so says the reality TV manager

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
he can train all he damn well wants, if he doesn't actually change the OTHER behaviours then he'll wind up suspended again.

Side note, can't actually believe we're even talking about whether he can train/football. Course he f*ckin can. That is so far from the issue with TT.
Its in response to all the people saying he wasn't training or trying to get back to the club in good shape.

i saw on facebook a photo of Tarryn and Aaron Hall's mum, he look happy. Hopefully she is providing a motherly figure for him

what lloydo called him,
file.jpg

So I did a google search for Tarryn Trindall (TT's legal name) to see what the go is with his folks.

Found his name was in a 2010 Doonside public school newsletter (Doonside is in outer west Sydney).

TT, who would've been about 10 at the time, was cited for his athletic ability, along with his brother Jacob.

Anyway, this Jacob dude is FB friends with TT, and I noticed he had previously liked a newspaper article referencing a 2021 prison riot in Western Sydney.

It seemed like a strange thing to like, so I had a look at the reports of that incident and lo and behold, Jacob was one of inmates arrested for rioting.

So yeah, it does appear like Tarryn has some complex s**t going on in the background.
Also shows up this:

Screenshot_20230413-131104.png

Hopefully this means he's putting some money aside.

All entirely valid points Grillmaster and I'm not about to tell you that you can't feel the way that you feel. I'm feeling much the same.

One thing I've started to realize, which isn't that groundbreaking, is that this kind of thing doesn't just get resolved overnight, the trouble is we have become conditioned to just piss a problem off because it's a problem. "oh here comes TT again with some more idiocy, GONE", I've done it. On reflection I realized this is pretty poor on my behalf.
Everybody outside of North wants him gone, many of our supporters want him gone, and I get it, I really do, if I'm honest idgaf if he plays for us again, but I also want to see this young man turn his life around and get it back on track. This is more than football, as clarko has said a number of times, yeah we want to build great footballers but we also want to build great people.

Anecdotes are fun so I'm going to run with one,

I watched a loved one suffer with mental illness for years, I'm talking the absolute works which I won't detail because a lot of it is incredibly confronting.
We went through every service available to us, private, public, multiple psychologists, psychiatrists, hospitals, private health clinics, you name it, we tried it. This person just kept spiraling further and further. I was their primary carer throughout this time. We watched actual services give up on this person "theres nothing more we can do, they are resistant to treatment, we can't help" but I never gave up. Naturally close friends and family would remind me that it's ok for me to give up on this person because obviously they won't help themselves, so why should I? I loved this person, I couldn't give up, though I was close many times, especially as my own mental health started to decline. After many years of literal hell we finally started to see improvement. To the point now that 4 years after hitting rock bottom this person is working fulltime, has a family that loves them and is thriving!

Sorry for the rant, my point is no one is beyond turning their life around and the reality is it's not always quick and easy. I'm not suggesting these circumstances are in any way the same as what TT is going through, I'm just highlighting the fact that maybe we all need to practice a little patience.

We are quick to judge but slow to understand. Maybe its our inability to hold multiple viewpoints at the same time. We live in a world now where outrage is the default. Headlines, tweets, everything, if you're not outraged you clearly don't care enough.

Anyway, none of this probably makes any sense and maybe hasn't brought any clarity for anyone. I dunno.

GO ROOS.
Thats a great anecdote, and a fantastic outcome after all that. It seems to me though that in TT's situation, the people around him who might play the part you did in helping him aren't really doing so - the 'friends' who don't seem to be discouraging some of the silly behaviour, the players who may have tried but if rumours are true that they've said they don't want him back, shows something has been done to damage the relationships.

The folks posting on here I'm sure are disappointed and want him to turn the corner and get back to where he was a couple years ago, however my connection to TT is only based on how he contributes to the club and its players. If his actions lead to being ostracised from the club/league despite reasonable attempts being made to help him, then I don't see why the club would need to keep on providing support. To sum up, I'm all for the club doing its best to help TT, as long as he is genuine in trying to get back to the right path, however if he rebuffs the support, does something else to get himself kicked out, I think there should be a limit to how much help is owed after that. Refer him to professional help for any mental or substance problems, but should footy department resources be locked up with him continually? What are Harley Bennell's former clubs doing for him now?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats a great anecdote, and a fantastic outcome after all that. It seems to me though that in TT's situation, the people around him who might play the part you did in helping him aren't really doing so - the 'friends' who don't seem to be discouraging some of the silly behaviour, the players who may have tried but if rumours are true that they've said they don't want him back, shows something has been done to damage the relationships.

The folks posting on here I'm sure are disappointed and want him to turn the corner and get back to where he was a couple years ago, however my connection to TT is only based on how he contributes to the club and its players. If his actions lead to being ostracised from the club/league despite reasonable attempts being made to help him, then I don't see why the club would need to keep on providing support. To sum up, I'm all for the club doing its best to help TT, as long as he is genuine in trying to get back to the right path, however if he rebuffs the support, does something else to get himself kicked out, I think there should be a limit to how much help is owed after that. Refer him to professional help for any mental or substance problems, but should footy department resources be locked up with him continually? What are Harley Bennell's former clubs doing for him now?
agree with everything you’ve said mate. I guess my post was just a long winded way of saying these things can take time and there isn’t a quick fix. I have no idea when the club should pull up stumps, but from what the club are saying they haven’t yet exhausted all options so I guess that’s where it sits for now 🤷‍♂️

People are so jumpy. It was a Flea analogy - Eddie was referring to how the bassist was a bit of an issue for RHCP at times.

Fleas are jumpy too, and have circuses (according to some old Hanna Barbera cartoons).

People are so jumpy. It was a Flea analogy - Eddie was referring to how the bassist was a bit of an issue for RHCP at times.

He was prone to racing other cars at traffic lights. Almost hit a Rolls Royce one time.

Can't wait till taz is back playing for us.
The woke north big footy brigade will be so pissed

What a load of codswallop.

I don’t thinking anyone will be pissed if he’s got himself on track.

Some of us doubt that he will but I think you’ll find every single person wants him to get his act together.

For me, the Clarkson allegations are an issue here. This is an extreme moment that requires a headlock - Club taking control of living, social, etc.
It's perfect. Does al watch TT destroy his future? Or does he step in? What would you do if you gave a sh!t?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back