Past #26: Tarryn Thomas [Part III] - 18 week suspension confirmed; ineligible to play in '24 season; NMFC has officially sacked Tarryn.

Remove this Banner Ad

"In determining the sanction, the AFL took into account the evidence over a period of time which included Thomas engaging in misconduct while he was undertaking education in 2023 to deal with similar behaviours from earlier that year."

Didn't learn, doesn't want to learn, doesn't want to change. Good riddance.

The young players ive been most excited by in the last 15 odd years:

Jesse Smith
Kieren Harper
Tarryn Thomas
JHF

THere is a f%&king curse at this football club. or im the curse... wtf knows...

But out of precaution, i wont have a "favourite" player again.

"Out of respect for her privacy I won’t say anything about the woman who brought these allegations to the AFL other than to commend her bravery and the dignity with which she has handled herself throughout this process. She deserved better." - Sonja

A lot of people that have been shitting on this woman in this thread should have a long hard look in the mirror.

One member in particular should have posting privileges removed when it comes to discussing sensitive issues like these in the future.

A sensational email from Sonja. Absolutely nailed it. We talk a lot of shit and hypotheticals here without really knowing the full and true story. Sonja would be onto it for sure and would have tried everything with him. I absolutely abhor any form of domestic violence. It has a massive impact. It crushes your spirit. I’m glad we didn’t whore our club by keeping this scumbag on our list. I’m relieved he’s out of the joint.

We will agree to disagree.

No doubt TT has gone through pain and trauma in his upbringing - so do many people both aboriginal and non aboriginal. Tarryn has had more support around him than most people who’ve been through pain and trauma.

TT had the resources of NMFC and the AFL providing a personalised program and mentoring to help him with his issues but he’s turned around and thrown it back in the faces of those who tried to help.

Don’t try and make this about 200+ years of race relations in Australia.

Yep.
You get a chance based on an upbringing. But you don’t get to be in a program funded by the club while the club cops it & pours time and effort into you, and throw it back in their face, and blame it on upbringing. That’s just being a shit bloke.

The young players ive been most excited by in the last 15 odd years:

Jesse Smith
Kieren Harper
Tarryn Thomas
JHF

THere is a f%&king curse at this football club. or im the curse... wtf knows...

But out of precaution, i wont have a "favourite" player again.

I wouldn't lump the first two in with the second two. To be fair, I wouldn't lump JHF in with TT either.

What the hell did he say in these 'direct messages' ?

Could it be worse than actual physical JDG sexual assault, MP style robbery or DM restaurant fork threats?

I reckon it's best if we stop comparing this to other incidences, especially the above. Two of these were cleared and the other is an ongoing police investigation. With that in mind you have to say yes, it was worse.

Sorry to see a talent self implode like this. Do you ever see him correcting his behavioural problems toward women and resurrecting his career or is he a lost cause? Full credit to the Kanga’s for trying to help him and giving him multiple chances.
Sadly. I'd say most likely its lost cause at this stage. Hopefully this reality sinks in and he can change his ways but I don't hold much hope as he didn't seem to be fully committed to the programs/education and becoming a better person.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully his victims are doing ok and he turns his life around (not only for his own sake but other potential victims). And hopefully this whole process serves as a point of reflection for some people, especially those who felt the need to dump their demented fanfics about what "actually" happened that inevitably involved some sort of victim blaming.

Todd Viney looks exhausted.

Imagine putting up with this shit for nine months, post six months you've just put up with a mate being accused of mass racism. I genuinely hope we don't burn Todd out, he deserves reward for effort.

Strong decisions is what makes football clubs
And this is a strong decision made by North
It sets standards for the present and future.
Tarryn has been given chance after chance.
Even if north kept him on the list till end of the year they would have got peanuts for him very similar to Elijah Hollands trade situation.
Well done North onwards and upwards from here

Sadly. I'd say most likely its lost cause at this stage. Hopefully this reality sinks in and he can change his ways but I don't hold much hope as he didn't seem to be fully committed to the programs/education and becoming a better person.
From outside looking in, your club bent over backwards to try to help him and you should be commended for that. You could’ve kicked him to the kerb with the first serious incident but didn’t.
Such a shame for everyone involved.

That’s not the question..

Does his 18 game suspension carry over if he if picked up next year or the suspension served this year even though he is sacked.
Its actually a very good question and one the AFL probably didnt consider. Hopefully its 18 weeks for whatever AFL club if any pick him up. I hope all clubs do the right thing here and dont pick him up anytime soon until he shows he can behave like a normal decent person should. Its not hard.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #26: Tarryn Thomas [Part III] - 18 week suspension confirmed; ineligible to play in '24 season; NMFC has officially sacked Tarryn.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back